Back as a Penguins fan

CorkyM

Since I moved, I am a few hours from Pittsburgh, Washington and Philadelphia. Actually, I am the closest driving distance to Washington.  But the only games I can get on my Comcast network are the Pens and the Caps. I can get most all of the Penguins games on that AT&T nework that used to be ROOT. The Capitals are definitely out, even though I get some of their games on Comcast Mid-Atlantic. So, I bought me a Penguins hat and I will be rooting for the Penguins this season. Hope they go all the way to the final. 

1 hour ago, Corky Molloy said:

Since I moved, I am a few hours from Pittsburgh, Washington and Philadelphia. Actually, I am the closest driving distance to Washington.  But the only games I can get on my Comcast network are the Pens and the Caps. I can get most all of the Penguins games on that AT&T nework that used to be ROOT. The Capitals are definitely out, even though I get some of their games on Comcast Mid-Atlantic. So, I bought me a Penguins hat and I will be rooting for the Penguins this season. Hope they go all the way to the final. 

Thats good to hear Corky! Welcome aboard! Lets go Pens!

7 hours ago, Corky Molloy said:

Where did you live before and who did you cheer for? Just curious is all. 

I lived in the Lehigh Valley from 1961. I rooted for the Flyers for many years starting around 1975. Then, sometime around 2005, and I cannot really say why, I lost interest, gave away my Starter Flyers jacket and started rooting for the Rangers a few years later. And now since I moved to Franklin County, I have been slowly getting back into hockey again and figured I should root for a team in this tv market area. There are more Penguins fans here, from what I have seen, than any other. And a friend of my wife is a big fan and goes to many of their games in Pittsburgh. Also, my grandaughter’s husband is a big Penguins fan. 

On 8/25/2018 at 8:11 PM, Corky Molloy said:

I rooted for the Flyers for many years

started rooting for the Rangers 

I should root for a team in this tv market area. There are more Penguins fans here, 

Huh?  I'm not even going to ask.

Welcome to the board.

3 hours ago, Corky Molloy said:

Thank you, I joined quite a while ago however, then disappeared for a while. Never hesitate to ask. 

Ok....how can a Flyers fan possibly turn into a Rangers fan and then a Pens fan? 

My nephew played for the Rangers...I cheered for him, and STILL hated the Rangers.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Ok....how can a Flyers fan possibly turn into a Rangers fan and then a Pens fan? 

My nephew played for the Rangers...I cheered for him, and STILL hated the Rangers.

Ok, I understand, I pretty we’ll summed it up above with the friends, relatives comment and the fact that now I am no longer in the eastern part of the state and can only get Penguins and an occasional Capitals game. I do not get the NHL network. But to be fair to you, I have always been a very changeable individual, except for the lovely woman to whom I been married to for 50 years.  

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I guess he woke up and smelled some fish!😉

51 minutes ago, Corky Molloy said:

Ok, I understand, I pretty we’ll summed it up above with the friends, relatives comment and the fact that now I am no longer in the eastern part of the state and can only get Penguins and an occasional Capitals game. I do not get the NHL network. But to be fair to you, I have always been a very changeable individual, except for the lovely woman to whom I been married to for 50 years.  

I like your last statement! Congrads on 50 years!

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:29 AM, flyercanuck said:

I think you can use Darwin to explain that. You start out a Neanderthal and slowly grow towards knowledge.(Couldn't resist, its getting close to smack talking season you know)

Welcome in as a Pens fan Corky, we don't mind how you got here, just that your here.

Archived