Wild Fans Speak 2018-19 Edition

CreaseAndAssist

36 minutes ago, Fargocase said:

Emotional, irrational, unprovable subjective  drivel.  YOU make claims about leadership.  Not what I hear actual Wild players and Coaches say.  I have never heard anyone with team question Parise or Suter's leadership, in fact, the exact opposite. 

Results and our own eyes sure support your baseless conclusions.  (I side with Crease and Assist that the locker room is a mess).  You will still be there caressing these two selfish players, as they continue to circle the drain.  I don't question the effort of 11 this year (absolutely question the effort of 20), I ABSOLUTELY question the leadership of both.  The proof is everywhere.  I am fairly neutral on Staal - though I think it was clearly a weaker year for him.   Who do you think Foligno was calling out a few weeks back.  Clue - it wasnt the new guys, the young guys, or his linemates.  That leaves very few options.  Go ahead and continue to be a sheep.  

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
Keep the politcal garbage OFF the board...no exceptions

The nicest people carry the darkest shadow - we should trust actions or lack of actions, not what the players are. When I say Foligno is a leader, I actually mean he leads by acting, speaking out for example. When I say Suter is an a..hole I really mean that he's not done those things I expect from a leader, speaking out, calling a player's meeting, playing too much for his capability etc.

• Like 1

I wonder if J. T. Brown thought about next season's salary $687,500 when he goes off and gets drunk before the last game.

Maybe some team will pick it up. Is it just him being stupid and selfish and not caring about the team? Or a product of the overall environment of the locker room?

Whatever, I'd rather see him gone...Even before this event.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ClusterChuck said:

I wonder if J. T. Brown thought about next season's salary $687,500 when he goes off and gets drunk before the last game.

Maybe some team will pick it up. Is it just him being stupid and selfish and not caring about the team? Or a product of the overall environment of the locker room?

Another reason we should find our 4th liners from our prospect pool. They don't get drunk like that or if they do it's better to know about that ASAP.

Who the hell cares that he got drunk? He didn't hit a kid, or his wife, its not drugs and he was out with an illness anyway. ;) I could care less about a 4th liner in the last game of the season tying one on.

10 minutes ago, TonyOday said:

Who the hell cares that he got drunk? He didn't hit a kid, or his wife, its not drugs and he was out with an illness anyway. ;) I could care less about a 4th liner in the last game of the season tying one on.

Yeah, Brown is a real pro. Drunk on a game day. A true winner. The Wild needs more of this team-first attitude. 🙄

• Like 1

On 4/7/2019 at 6:34 PM, EmptyShelf said:

Results and our own eyes sure support your baseless conclusions.  (I side with Crease and Assist that the locker room is a mess).  You will still be there caressing these two selfish players, as they continue to circle the drain.  I don't question the effort of 11 this year (absolutely question the effort of 20), I ABSOLUTELY question the leadership of both.  The proof is everywhere.  I am fairly neutral on Staal - though I think it was clearly a weaker year for him.   Who do you think Foligno was calling out a few weeks back.  Clue - it wasnt the new guys, the young guys, or his linemates.  That leaves very few options.  Go ahead and continue to be a sheep.  

Suter may or may not be an issue in the room, but man, he could have taken the 7.8M and sat on his "tractor".   Instead, he came back unbelievably early from such a hellacious inury.    Russo said he couldn't even walk without a pronounced limp at the outset of the season.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Sincerely, I was shocked about the news from the Pioneer Press. The team’s member J.T.Brown was arrested at Dallas at 2 a.m. in the morning because of a high alcohol intoxication at the day of the game. It seems his personal discipline, his personal respect for the teammates, as well for the fans is extremely low. No excuse at all. It is not a good example for the youngsters and he should be gone as fast as possible. In a professional sport the discipline should be almost like in army.

IllaZilla proposed in his posts at the end of the season a meeting among the players. In addition to that, it would be nice to have a meeting between an owner and the whole team as well as a meeting between an owner and a team’s management ; team’s coaching staff; team’s scouting staff. To discuss about a discipline in the team; about the leadership; about overall team’s results this season; about a more effective signings and trades; or minimal or no trades at all during the season; if the person was badly injured and had a long rehab time then as a rule, he should not see a maximum play time during the game until the player will start playing a solid games with minimal mistakes and,of course, the player should not dictate his time. Maybe it is a not bad idea if the entire teams (big club and a farm club) will not see their families during the months of March and April and be more focused to finish well their season.

Here is a link to the Pioneer Press article:

https://www.twincities.com/2019/04/07/wild-winger-j-t-brown-arrested-in-dallas-misses-teams-final-game-of-season/

• Like 2

And not just drinking but behaving rudely against the staff and the customers at the place he decided was better than his work place 🤪

I like the idea of an organisational meeting. That would take a conference of one or two days. Maybe that would in getting the messed up roles fixed. I wonder if they do these kind of get togethers in other teams.

• Like 1

According to Russo, the Wild were scheduled to have one day of exit interviews, but now have scheduled several. 

He stated the Wild as a team acted unprofessionally the last several games with their lack of effort on the ice, especially during the Fan Appreciation Night. Many members of the team were laughing and joking in the locker room after both shutout losses.

He also stated the locker room is a mess. Side note: It was stated the locker room was a mess last season. Fenton ships out Prosser, Coyle, Niedereitter, and Granlund, and the locker room is still considered a mess.

Boudreau is not going to be fired and wants an extension. He also needs to know that he and he alone is responsible for the line ups. Boudreau was basically told to play Bitetto over Seeler this season.

Zucker very likely will be traded this summer.

Rask is going nowhere.

The young guys simply aren't ready for the NHL.

There aren't any good free agents that could come in here and straighten this team out. He's fairly confident the team will go after Anders Lee, but that's saying the Islanders let him walk. They still could sign him. He also though Brett Connolly of the Caps might be a good fit. But other than that no one out there is really going to help this team, especially if Fenton is determined to get younger.

6 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Meaning the new signings or Ek, Greenway, Kunin or All?

Doesn't matter, If Fenton's true to his word about getting younger then all these guys need more playing time and figure it out....Together !!.

Edited by ClusterChuck

1 hour ago, IllaZilla said:

According to Russo, the Wild were scheduled to have one day of exit interviews, but now have scheduled several. 

He stated the Wild as a team acted unprofessionally the last several games with their lack of effort on the ice, especially during the Fan Appreciation Night. Many members of the team were laughing and joking in the locker room after both shutout losses.

He also stated the locker room is a mess. Side note: It was stated the locker room was a mess last season. Fenton ships out Prosser, Coyle, Niedereitter, and Granlund, and the locker room is still considered a mess.

Boudreau is not going to be fired and wants an extension. He also needs to know that he and he alone is responsible for the line ups. Boudreau was basically told to play Bitetto over Seeler this season.

Rask is going nowhere.

There aren't any good free agents that could come in here and straighten this team out. He's fairly confident the team will go after Anders Lee, but that's saying the Islanders let him walk. They still could sign him. He also though Brett Connolly of the Caps might be a good fit. But other than that no one out there is really going to help this team, especially if Fenton is determined to get younger.

If Fenton doesn't come up with a #1C and  30 plus goal RW, he can call it whatever he wants, but IMO, the results will likely be a 2020 top 5 draft choice.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 4Check said:

If Fenton doesn't come up with a #1C and  30 plus goal RW, he can call it whatever he wants, but IMO, the results will likely be a 2020 top 5 draft choice.  

Fenton has a 1C. Mikko Koivu. Just ask Koivu...

Interesting point Russo brought up was who is going to be distributing the puck to all these young shooters. They had Granlund but shipped him out, which didn't make sense if the goal was to still make the Playoffs. They could have kept Granlund and then traded him this summer for a bunch a picks/prospects. There was no reason to trade him at the deadline.

And I wouldn't trust this scouting department to pick out a Big Mac on a McDonald's menu let alone a top five draft pick...

• Haha 1
  • Uggh... 1

2 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

That's a thing that drives me nutz! Honestly, I'm totally fine with losing if the guys give a 100% effort, young guys that are actually trying. Finishing the season like this is unacceptable, a real shame. For the last game, you want to finish well, playoffs or not. I watched the Habs' last game, and they really had a hard hit in the head when they failed to reach the postseason 24h before. But it didn't matter: they came strong, played Poehling who had a hatty and the SO winner in that game. Everybody gave the maximum in that game. As far as I loathe the Habs, I was jealous. They really managed to change the culture there and even if they didn't make it, they were all happy with this good ending because they all did the maximum. No cheaters.

Another quick stories here (yeah, I love to dig them out these times): As I was still covering my team in a semi-final playoffs, we were leading 3-0 and as soon as we lost the game #4, everything collapsed. They tied the series 3-3 before going back at home to play the final game. We already knew that we would lose this one and I wrote the paper before the game. Of course, we lost it (at home in a packed and raucous arena), losing the series 4-3. Only One single player had the balls to say thanks to the fans, embarrassed and receiving beers and spits. I didn't need to change one single comma to the article and when I entered the team's restaurant like at midnight, some players were partying and joking. An absolute disgrace. Only the late Zarley Zalapski (who ended his career in Switzerland) was dramatically shocked. Only him. At that point, it is a whole culture that has to be changed. Like the Oilers are trying to do, unsuccessfully so far, for years and where the Wild is going through right now made me remind of that story because of the similarities.

If this is true, Boudreau has to resign. No choice. It's called micromanagement and no coach should be tolerating that.

I'm already afraid for the return... Let me guess: Zucker to the Isles for Andrew Ladd.

• Good Post 1

8 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Meaning the new signings or Ek, Greenway, Kunin or All?

Doesn't matter, If Fenton's true to his word about getting younger then all these guys need more playing time and figure it out....Together !!.

All of them. He felt none of them are ready to replace the the guys Fenton traded away. 

On 4/8/2019 at 9:10 PM, 4Check said:

Suter may or may not be an issue in the room, but man, he could have taken the 7.8M and sat on his "tractor".   Instead, he came back unbelievably early from such a hellacious inury.    Russo said he couldn't even walk without a pronounced limp at the outset of the season.

He also didn't listen to his doctors, trainers and barely listened to Fenton so he avoided skating in some charity game during the summer.  Suter does whatever the hell he wants and knows he can.  I don't see why I should admire him for being reckless, arrogant and putting his long-term health at risk.  

On 4/9/2019 at 11:22 AM, IllaZilla said:

Fenton has a 1C. Mikko Koivu. Just ask Koivu...

Interesting point Russo brought up was who is going to be distributing the puck to all these young shooters. They had Granlund but shipped him out, which didn't make sense if the goal was to still make the Playoffs. They could have kept Granlund and then traded him this summer for a bunch a picks/prospects. There was no reason to trade him at the deadline.

And I wouldn't trust this scouting department to pick out a Big Mac on a McDonald's menu let alone a top five draft pick...

Me neither...damn that's spot on!  Let alone dealing him away 1-for-1 within the division.  

I don't think Boudreau is aggressively pursuing an extension.  And no, I don't think he has as much authority for the lineup as we'd like to believe.  I think Fenton did a lot of meddling.  Honestly, watching one shift of Bitetto should tell any NHL coach / GM that he shouldn't be in the league.  But he kept giving his guy chances...forcing him to sit Seeler.  I am not a big Seeler fan, but he was certainly better than Bitetto.  I'd say the same about Prosser...Bitetto's arrival is kind of the time when everything fell apart.  

Great points by @IllaZilla about Kaptain Klydesdale...and how the kids get garbage time and virtually no power play time because you wouldn't want the vets mad.  

This team is a schittshow and needs to be completely rebuilt; perhaps from ownership on down.  

• Like 1

I’m going to agree with Dave on the fact that the injuries this year really exposed the lack of depth on this team. The summer signings didn’t help matters. Did Fenton really expect to get much out of JT Brown or was he just a “ one of us” signing who stuck around because of his right hand shot. When Nino couldn’t buy a goal if he wanted really exposed the lack of scoring. 

I do think fenton overreacted with the trades he made. Seems like he made trades the sake of making a trade, which usually never works out. 

• Thanks 1

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 3:06 PM, CreaseAndAssist said:

I don't think Boudreau is aggressively pursuing an extension.  And no, I don't think he has as much authority for the lineup as we'd like to believe.  I think Fenton did a lot of meddling.  Honestly, watching one shift of Bitetto should tell any NHL coach / GM that he shouldn't be in the league.  But he kept giving his guy chances...forcing him to sit Seeler.  I am not a big Seeler fan, but he was certainly better than Bitetto.  I'd say the same about Prosser...Bitetto's arrival is kind of the time when everything fell apart.  

Great points by @IllaZilla about Kaptain Klydesdale...and how the kids get garbage time and virtually no power play time because you wouldn't want the vets mad.  

This team is a schittshow and needs to be completely rebuilt; perhaps from ownership on down.  

You are correct IMO. More of the same around here if CL owns the club. Do you recall what kind of condition he left Nashville in?

• Good Post 1

So right now on this team we are stuck with Parise, Suter, Koivu having ntc.

I believe Spurgeon and Zucker have modified nmc.

With that in mind, which 6 players would you like to see move on.

The reason I chose 6 is I just don't think they can turn over more than that.

For me personally, if I never see a JT Brown, Bitteto, Aberg in a wild sweater that'll be ok.

Other than Matt Dumba anyone and everyone are open for trade as long as we get fair trade in return.

What we need are more right handed forwards and  true #1C and some prospects that could become 1c

• Like 1

Will be also OK in addition to Brown, Bitteto, Aberg to get somehow rid of Rask, Fehr, as well as under questions our youngsters Ek and Fiala.
IMO team needs in really true consistent snipers(as more as better) in all lines. For me, it does not matter which (right, left, or center) just true. We are missing them 19 years already, the exception was Gaborik. A tough task for the scouting staff. I am very hoping that Donato will be developed into one of them. One example of a true sniper is Ovechkin. Despite his age, he was able to put more than 50 goals(including this year) per regular season in 8 seasons already and almost reached the Wayne Gretzky 9 seasons of the same record.

The first thing to do in the offseason is to kidnap Fenton, Leipold and all the scouting staff around the 30th of June and put them in a bunker with no possibility to have any contact in the outer world (cut electricity, cellphones, internet, etc.).

Then, free them around the 10th of July when we are absolutely sure that all old overpaid UFA have been signed elsewhere.

Finally, use the usual BS to justify this ("it was a Coup from the Russians", "It's the NSA", "North Korea was behind all that", "Neil Armstrong never walked on he Moon", blah blah blah.)