Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
BluPuk

Paciorettti to Vegas.

subject already posted. Sorry my bad 😯

Edited by BluPuk

Bergevin got a reasonable return for a guy that didn't want to play in Montreal anymore.  Yes, they still hold 10% of Pacioretty's salary but they can get a rebuild going with him out of the way.  

Good for Pacioretty. He's been a good soldier, he deserves better than the clown show in Montreal. Was actually still kind of quietly hoping the Flyers could deal for him. McPhee really did a number on his assets though. The equivalent of two first rounders, two second rounders, and a third rounder for Pacioretty (Remember what they overpaid to get Tatar for at the deadline) is terrible. At least he saw that Tatar was a bad move and cut his losses when he could. Time to edit my Atlantic Division projected standings.

• Like 1

Initially, I thought Vegas gave up an awful lot. I think this move is tied to Fleury's age and ability to play at a high level for the next few years, before father time inevitably catches up with him. Suzuki could turn out to be better than Patches. However, I get the win now thing...if you follow my Fleury thoughts....but in general, smart franchises don't give up young star prospects for a veteran forward not signed past this year. I have never liked Tatar, but on the goal starved Habs...a nice throw in. 

4 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Suzuki could turn out to be better than Patches.

Gives them 3 young centers now.

Ryan Poehling

Jesperi Kotkaniemi 

Nick Suzuki 

Not a bad 1-3 i think a quick turn around.

• Like 2

Meh....

The sell off continues in Montreal.....yet Bergevin is STILL in charge and in prime position to sabotage ANY rebuild.
How long before Price wants out?

Vegas for the win on this deal, and I will see Montreal in 2020-21, 2022 or so, when they MIGHT be relevant once again

:yawn:

• Like 1

All I know is after this trade by Bergevin, many Habs fans are saying "Excuse my French" after stating what they think of the trade. Big win for Vegas in this deal.

3 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

All I know is after this trade by Bergevin, many Habs fans are saying "Excuse my French" after stating what they think of the trade. Big win for Vegas in this deal.

I see what you did there.....  :shifty:

Just to be fair to Montreal....

Nick Suzuki.

Only 19 years old and put up killer numbers in the OHL.

Last two seasons, 95+ points in each one.

So, if he can translate that to the NHL, it can offset not having Pacioretty in their lineup.

Of course, BEING only 19 means the AHL won't take him, so he will have to go right to the NHL if he is to help the big club right away.

But do the Habs have enough in place to have Suzuki make meaningful contributions?

Do they just say, "Look, kid, here is an NHL opportunity, we got a couple good players up front, somewhat decent D, and an all star caliber goalie, do your best"?

I mentioned elsewhere who knows how Suzuki will pan out.
Maybe he doesn't help the Habs until further down the road...maybe after he is old enough to have put in a season, or even half a season at the AHL level....to see if he can use his skillset to offset his lack of size when playing against seasoned veteran type players.

But for all that positive stuff, I still don't trust Marc Bergevin to handle the whole thing properly.

Still though, if I am a Habs fan, I am looking at Suzuki (maybe the 2nd rounder too, if the GM and his scouts do things right), as glimmers of hope, provided they can keep their vets such as Price and Weber, satisfied that Montreal really ISN'T trying to tank so they can be good in 4 or 5 seasons.

On 9/10/2018 at 8:28 AM, CreaseAndAssist said:

Bergevin got a reasonable return for a guy that didn't want to play in Montreal anymore.  Yes, they still hold 10% of Pacioretty's salary but they can get a rebuild going with him out of the way.  

Didn't want to play there....they never offered him a contract. They told him they weren't going to re-sign him. His contract runs out this year so Montreal is only responsible for that, not the extension he signed in Vegas.

On 9/10/2018 at 8:45 AM, AJgoal said:

Good for Pacioretty. He's been a good soldier, he deserves better than the clown show in Montreal. Was actually still kind of quietly hoping the Flyers could deal for him. McPhee really did a number on his assets though. The equivalent of two first rounders, two second rounders, and a third rounder for Pacioretty (Remember what they overpaid to get Tatar for at the deadline) is terrible. At least he saw that Tatar was a bad move and cut his losses when he could. Time to edit my Atlantic Division projected standings.

He showed up once in the playoffs for the Habs. Played soft. He was a good scorer, especially for the money he was paid...but he was never the type of player I wanted on Philly. I'd say the Habs got a pretty good return. Hopefully it pans out for Vegas.

10 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Just to be fair to Montreal....

Nick Suzuki.

Only 19 years old and put up killer numbers in the OHL.

Last two seasons, 95+ points in each one.

So, if he can translate that to the NHL, it can offset not having Pacioretty in their lineup.

Of course, BEING only 19 means the AHL won't take him, so he will have to go right to the NHL if he is to help the big club right away.

But do the Habs have enough in place to have Suzuki make meaningful contributions?

Do they just say, "Look, kid, here is an NHL opportunity, we got a couple good players up front, somewhat decent D, and an all star caliber goalie, do your best"?

I mentioned elsewhere who knows how Suzuki will pan out.
Maybe he doesn't help the Habs until further down the road...maybe after he is old enough to have put in a season, or even half a season at the AHL level....to see if he can use his skillset to offset his lack of size when playing against seasoned veteran type players.

But for all that positive stuff, I still don't trust Marc Bergevin to handle the whole thing properly.

Still though, if I am a Habs fan, I am looking at Suzuki (maybe the 2nd rounder too, if the GM and his scouts do things right), as glimmers of hope, provided they can keep their vets such as Price and Weber, satisfied that Montreal really ISN'T trying to tank so they can be good in 4 or 5 seasons.

I think this trade helps the Habs down the road in two ways....

For oneSuzuki is a really good prospect. For two, NOT signing Paciorretti should make them worse now. If they're going to suck, they may as well really suck. Lafreniere should be the top pick in 2020, so they can have their francophone star if they play their cards right....though everyone and their mother can see how going the "french" route is working out for les Habs these days.

• Like 2

On 9/11/2018 at 8:28 AM, flyercanuck said:

NOT signing Paciorretti should make them worse now. If they're going to suck, they may as well really suck. Lafreniere should be the top pick in 2020,

Epic tanking.

The problem I see is that by the time the fruits of tanking are ripe and they are turning the corner - let's say 2022 - Price will be 35. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Epic tanking.

The problem I see is that by the time the fruits of tanking are ripe and they are turning the corner - let's say 2022 - Price will be 35

That's why I initially thought that if Montreal was going to do that, Price would want out.

With the demand for goalies, even on contenders or soon to be contenders, I don't see why, other than just wearing 'Les Habitans' sweater, he'd wanna hang around for a tank and subsequent rebuild.

Mike Milbury Lite (aka; Marc Bergevin, aka; Idiot) could and should have gotten more but the idiot painted himself into a corner by publicly stating the MaxPac  wanted out of Montreal (which he didin't) and he wanted to trade him ASAP.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spider-Man NL said:

Mike Milbury Lite (aka; Marc Bergevin, aka; Idiot) could and should have gotten more but the idiot painted himself into a corner by publicly stating the MaxPac  wanted out of Montreal (which he didin't) and he wanted to trade him ASAP.

Kinda like that one guy on Craigs List who is trying to sell his electronic stuff, but then goes on to say that they are in good condition but his wife is MAKING him sell, ASAP...

Then he wonders why all he gets are low ball offers.....   😄

On 9/11/2018 at 9:28 AM, flyercanuck said:

I think this trade helps the Habs down the road in two ways....

For oneSuzuki is a really good prospect. For two, NOT signing Paciorretti should make them worse now. If they're going to suck, they may as well really suck. Lafreniere should be the top pick in 2020, so they can have their francophone star if they play their cards right....though everyone and their mother can see how going the "french" route is working out for les Habs these days.

The thing is, Montréal will never ever ever pronounce the damned word "rebuild". Everybody is expecting the team to be better, and they have to be better. No more waiting, the Cup has to be won right now...

And listening to the popular requirements related to the french-speaking youngsters absolute need BS is the perfect recipy to continuously fail. Recently, they ignored Barré-Boulet (which was a good thing for him).

Throwing under the bus a good Quebecer in this negative environment fuelled with a ton of pressure would definitely burn the guy.