Drop the puck already!

BluPuk

I agree.

Baseball season is winding down, football season just started up......and that just makes me want some hockey back on the airwaves that much more.

Besides.... the three horse Atlantic race between Tampa Bay, Toronto, and Boston should prove QUITE entertaining!

On 9/10/2018 at 8:23 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Besides.... the three horse Atlantic race between Tampa Bay, Toronto, and Boston should prove QUITE entertaining!

I think there will be some strong waves from the Panthers too this season.

My favourite time of year. Nice sunny but cool days on the golf course. NFL goes into full swing. Fed-Ex playoffs on the PGA Tour. Baseball starting the play-offs, and hockey starting training camp. Woot! Woot!

2 hours ago, hf101 said:

I think there will be some strong waves from the Panthers too this season.

Possibly.

I have the Panthers....and maybe the Sabres too if they can find consistent scoring..... being "problematic" or better for the other Atlantic teams.

But it should still be TB, Tor, Bos for the very top of the division, IMO.

8 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Possibly.

I have the Panthers....and maybe the Sabres too if they can find consistent scoring..... being "problematic" or better for the other Atlantic teams.

But it should still be TB, Tor, Bos for the very top of the division, IMO.

We will be better than Florida.  They have Luongo and that is big but I do not think they are very deep.  I believe we have far more young talent and some good vets mixed in.   

15 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

We will be better than Florida.  They have Luongo and that is big but I do not think they are very deep.  I believe we have far more young talent and some good vets mixed in.   

It is entirely possible Buffalo takes a major leap forward and is better than Florida, however, based on last years numbers and looking ahead to who will be on the roster, I get the sense the Panthers are actually deeper than Buffalo at this stage, however, starting with Eichel and Skinner, the Sabres have the potential to have a couple guys who can really bring the goals.

But an injury here or there could derail the Sabres, whereas I think the Panthers can withstand a key injury here and there more than they can...hence why I think Florida is deeper.
And the Panthers' defense corp is much more experienced as a unit than Buffalo's, with more solid bodies pairs one through 3....BUT, just like the forwards, the Sabres have two guys who can absolutely turn things on their ears (Risto and Dahlin), if things pan out right for them.

I still think unless players step up on the Sabres and Eichel, Skinner, Risto, and Dahlin play like superstars, that the Sabres will have trouble finding goals consistently.....the lineup simply doesn't scream "multiple scoring lines" to me just yet.
And ALL this is to be better than Florida, Ottawa, and Montreal..... the top of the division still belongs to either TB, Tor, or Bos.

Archived