Flyers Training Camp Thread

brelic

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I would love to really really watch this game today but i can't find anywhere to watch it.

Eagles also play at 1 so i will watch that.

But if anyone knows how to watch i would like to ask please post it here so i can try to watch both.

Thanks if you can.

The roster for the Isles game today:

DnLGfyOUcAAJ5Bj.jpg:large

Compliments of Mkscrewy. It worked for out of region rookie game on Friday./user aclee on reddit flyers forums provided me with all the games last year. it's a good quality youtube stream. 

We have so many young players in the pipeline, it's hard to imagine where they will all fit.

If Farabee and O'Brien both become NHLers, we'd have something like

G/Coots/TK

JVR/Patrick/Voracek

Lindblom/Frost/Farabee

Laughton/Vorobyev/O'Brien

That leaves out guys like Ratcliffe, Allison, NAK, Twarynski, Laczynski, Rubtsov, Bunnaman, etc. 

On the Flyperbole podcast yesterday, they were talking about the time Tye McGinn was our top callup. He was the team's leading scorer in the early season playing on the top line with Giroux, and fans were upset when he was sent back. Think about that for a second. 

1 hour ago, brelic said:

That leaves out guys like Ratcliffe, Allison, NAK, Twarynski, Laczynski, Rubtsov, Bunnaman, etc. 

And it's a good problem to have...

...because i'm sure those guys will be converted to picks (through trades the best ones being kept the rest moved out) to come back into the stable via the daft again...only the best will be kept...the strong survive...me likey!!

It's the way a great club should be run.

37 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Not a great effort today by the Flyers vs the Islanders.  Scoring chances were few and far between.  

Maybe a good thing i didn't try to much to watch it.

I hope Sanheim is going to be ok.

2 hours ago, hf101 said:

Not a great effort today by the Flyers vs the Islanders.  Scoring chances were few and far between.  

Yeah when you look at the rosters though the Flyers had way less NHL talent that the Isles.

Flyers had Patrick, TK and Lindblom at forward.

And  Folin and Hagg of guys who have proven themselves.

The Isles Barzal, Beauvillier, Eberle, Cizikas, Clutterbuck, Martin, Kuhnhackl, Leddy, Bernier, Gionta, Pulock Lehner and Sbisa.

So take it with a grain of salt i say.

9 hours ago, brelic said:

We have so many young players in the pipeline, it's hard to imagine where they will all fit.

If Farabee and O'Brien both become NHLers, we'd have something like

G/Coots/TK

JVR/Patrick/Voracek

Lindblom/Frost/Farabee

Laughton/Vorobyev/O'Brien

On the Flyperbole podcast yesterday, they were talking about the time Tye McGinn was our top callup. He was the team's leading scorer in the early season playing on the top line with Giroux, and fans were upset when he was sent back. Think about that for a second. 

The only caveat being that Farabee is a left winger. 

There are probably 5-10 guys I'd play ahead of Laughton. 

But to your central point, yeah, an embarrassment of riches and some very hard decisions we all won't always like. 

https://twitter.com/BroadStBull/status/1040945593944813570?s=19

I seriously want to vomit every time I think about the possibility of going into an actual NHL season with Jordan fricken Weal at 3C.  People should be fired for it even crossing their mind. 

If he starts the season there, you won't be able to convince me that John Boruk sn't secretly running the Flyers. 

By the way, Chris Therien out on the Flyers broadcasts in favor of increased role for Boruk. I swear to God he has video with audio. 

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Flyers-Preseason-Gameday-91718-vs-NYI-Sunday-Wrapup-Sanheim-Injury/45/94791

Here's the lineup for tonight... 

FORWARDS

11 Travis Konecny
19 Nolan Patrick
20 Taylor Leier
21 Scott Laughton
22 Dale Weise
25 James van Riemsdyk
28 Claude Giroux
38 Corban Knight
39 Tyrell Goulbourne
40 Jordan Weal
46 Mikhail Vorobyev
54 Oskar Lindblom
62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel
74 Mike Vecchione
76 Isaac Ratcliffe
93 Jakub Voracek

DEFENSEMEN

8 Robert Hägg
9 Ivan Provorov
26 Christian Folin
53 Shayne Gostisbehere
59 Mark Friedman
61 Philippe Myers
70 Yegor Zamula

GOALTENDERS

30 Michal Neuvirth
79 Carter Hart

For lines, I'd guess something like...

Giroux/Weal/TK

JVR/Patrick/Voracek

Lindblom/Vorobyev/Laughton

Leier/Vecchione/NAK

Ratcliffe/Knight/Goulbourne

Weise

Provorov/Myers

Ghost/Folin

Hagg/Friedman

Zamula

13 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I seriously want to vomit every time I think about the possibility of going into an actual NHL season with Jordan fricken Weal at 3C.  People should be fired for it even crossing their mind. 

I'm "wealing" (ugh, I'll show myself out...) to give him a look at center, though I also share the desire to vomit when I think about it too long. 

13 hours ago, ruxpin said:

By the way, Chris Therien out on the Flyers broadcasts in favor of increased role for Boruk. I swear to God he has video with audio. 

Timing seem weird to anyone re: Therien?  Why wait until the eve of the season?  Poor guy could have spent the summer trying to find work elsewhere.  Truthfully, I liked him much better on the radio because he would be honest and call out bad play.  Not so much when he moved to NBC/Comcast.  I hope Boruk is not involved with the in-game broadcast.  Bad enough he's around between periods and writes about the team.  Wouldn't mind Boucher getting a chance, but that's probably a backward step for him.  Wonder if they are going to fill the position at all...

38 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

LOL, I wasn't even close. 

Guess Patrick and TK aren't playing? They were listed on the gameday roster. 

Judging by the lines, I'd say they're auditioning Weal and Vorobyev for the 3rd line C role, with Laughton at wing (but who can play 3/4C in a pinch).

Poor Vecchione looks like an afterthought. 

1 hour ago, vis said:

Timing seem weird to anyone re: Therien?  Why wait until the eve of the season?  Poor guy could have spent the summer trying to find work elsewhere.  Truthfully, I liked him much better on the radio because he would be honest and call out bad play.  Not so much when he moved to NBC/Comcast.  I hope Boruk is not involved with the in-game broadcast.  Bad enough he's around between periods and writes about the team.  Wouldn't mind Boucher getting a chance, but that's probably a backward step for him.  Wonder if they are going to fill the position at all...

Timing is very weird indeed. And judging by Bundy's response, he was blindsided. I actually like his personality and thought he was a nice complement to JJ and Clement/Jonesy.

In all honesty, I'd prefer they just abandon the inside-the-glass thing and leave it vacant. Doesn't add much value for me personally.

Archived