Karlsson traded to the Sharks

Brewin Flames

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/13/2018 at 10:22 PM, FD19372 said:

Big trade win for San Jose. Karlsson and Burns on that blueline, particularly on the PP, will be scary. They are definitely a Top 3 team in the West, and certainly a contender for the Stanley Cup again. Someone peel J0e down from his ceiling.

No need. I broke through to the next floor up like Thor and cartwheeled back down

tumblr_p81qv7KIPa1rvufhzo8_r1_400.gif

On 9/14/2018 at 12:51 PM, JR Ewing said:

Erik Karlsson cost the Sharks less than Adam Larsson cost the Oilers. Great trade for San Jose, and a mystical one for Ottawa. Quality for quantity and conditional picks all over the place. Ottawa gets mid-card talent, San Jose gets the main event... Being a fan of my team and seeing what other teams are able to accomplish, like this trade or just managing the cap in a semi-competent fashion, goes up my a$$ like a red-hot poker held sideways.

It's time to go into my special room and update my manifesto.

I don't think this trade would have gone down if John Tavares didn't bolt from the Islanders leaving them without so much as a bag of pucks.

I sure DW was stressing that to his inexperienced counterpart in Ottawa.

Looking at the trade, the draft picks appear to be close to if Karlsson was signed to an extension. Definitely not on the players side of the trade.

But I'm happy because the main core of the Sharks is untouched, and I *would* have paid for any other team to take Demelo.

Jesus, Dillon/Braun is now our bottom pairing.

Joakim Ryan/Burns has been magic so leave that alone. That leaves...............Vlasic/Karlsson.

Good lord that sounds like a match made in heaven. Vlasic is renowned for making partners better than they are. Braun learned a lot from him and that pairing was pure shutdown with excellent breakout capability. No they did not put up 45-50 points, but their transition game, breakout passes and ability to feed forwards made them a solid "Offensive" contributor without putting up points. I am salivating thinking of Karlsson and his own amazing transition game paired with Vlasic's transition game and shutdown capabilities on the left side.

Vlasic made Demers look like 5 million bucks to the someone for pete sakes.

You may start off being scared any time you see a two on one for the opposition, however soon you will start to instantly look for which defender is back. If it is Vlasic, you will find yourself relaxed like your mother just set you in a warm bubble bath, because you will know there is zero chance a goal is scored. If its Burns, your butt will pucker to the Nth degree, knowing that he will unquestionably make a snow angel on the ice, and either break the play up in a magical display of luck, or create a two on none situation.

Haaa, now I finally got it:

Bergevin and Dorion have a secret deal constisting in 2 things: 1) the DG of the team finishing last in the league gets a free trip to the Caribbean island for 2 months paid by the other, and 2) the first guy to be fired gets $1M in cash from the one remaining in charge.

3 minutes ago, Villette/Lavaux said:

Haaa, now I finally got it:

Bergevin and Dorion have a secret deal constisting in 2 things: 1) the DG of the team finishing last in the league gets a free trip to the Caribbean island for 2 months paid by the other, and 2) the first guy to be fired gets $1M in cash from the one remaining in charge.

While fans of both teams hope it's a one-way cruise on Carnival.

On 9/14/2018 at 12:25 AM, OccamsRazor said:

Where there is a will there is away, he wants to play with Hedman bad.

Why do you think Wilson sent Hoffman to Florida for the next 2 years? It was playing longball 4D chess Bwahaha.

Dorion probably thought it was the lesser of two evils to have Hoffman in Florida than Karlsson and played along. Supposedly Wilson backstabbed Dorion by sending hoffman to a divisional rival, yet Dorion punishes him be then giving him a generational defenseman for basically spare parts?

Karlsson HATES Hoffman's fiancee(And probably Hoffman) and the court dates and catfighting of their wives is becoming hockey legend. His wife will think of running into her on the beach in Florida and convince him she loves the beaches in San Jose instead.

4 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Dorion probably thought it was the lesser of two evils to have Hoffman in Florida than Karlsson and played along. Supposedly Wilson backstabbed Dorion by sending hoffman to a divisional rival, yet Dorion punishes him be then giving him a generational defenseman for basically spare parts?

Interestingly the trade had a clause that said if they bounced Karlsson to the east Ottawa gets better daft picks from SJ

11 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

And ONE of these days, Ottawa management might actually set a plan that works to their advantage...…. :eyeroll:

Doug Wilson sounds like all the guys we play fantasy with.

"Yo, this is a good trade for you man, I'm giving you all my 3rd liners for one D!"

And Dorion is the guy you take advantage of in fantasy. Every. Single. Year.

3 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

A practitioner of schadenfreude, are we?

Well not for the serious stuff, but drunks fighting stuff and falling down, guys showing off and blowing up...i'm there all day everyday.

9 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Well not for the serious stuff, but drunks fighting stuff and falling down, guys showing off and blowing up...i'm there all day everyday.

See, that's what I like about you. You get it.

5 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Doug Wilson sounds like all the guys we play fantasy with.

"Yo, this is a good trade for you man, I'm giving you all my 3rd liners for one D!"

LOL Anyone in particular in mind?

17 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

And ONE of these days, Ottawa management might actually set a plan that works to their advantage...…. :eyeroll:

One can dream, I guess.

The podcast I listen to raised the theory that the team would see reduced crowds regardless so Melnyk is slashing and burning to run as lean as possible until the move to LeBreton, at which point boundless optimism says the team will have some quality players they'll actually try to keep. If that's the case, well, good luck with that.

People plugged this trade into the NHL 18 game and it said "are you sure this is a good trade?" Which indicates EA calculates trades better than Dorion.

59 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

No, but I would vote to veto this trade if it came up in our league haha

18 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I kind of wish @pilldoc would have.

Kinda sad that a bunch of us fantasy hockey humps know a bad deal when we see it, but a pro GM doesn't, eh?
:bigteeth:

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Kinda sad that a bunch of us fantasy hockey humps know a bad deal when we see it, but a pro GM doesn't, eh?
:bigteeth:

Doug Wilson lives up to his Shark reputation that's for sure.

I almost expect to see a phone video going viral of him walking out of Dorion's office holding a new pair of shoes and with a pencil sharpener he saw on the desk tucked under his arm as Dorion walks out in socks to see him off

Archived