Minnesota WIld Hire Ryan Carter to Wild Business Staff

wild.source

Former Wild forward and White Bear Lake native will assist with the club's digital content team and with the team's community relations and marketing departments

The National Hockey League's (NHL) Minnesota Wild announced today that the team has hired Ryan Carter to its business staff.

Carter will work closely with the team's web and digital content, community relations and marketing departments. As part of his new role with the organization, Carter will travel with the team to select road games as part of the wild.com digital content staff to help provide unique and creative content throughout the season on www.wild.com and the team's social media channels.

Ryan will also serve as an ambassador for the Wild's "Faceoff for Fitness" school assembly program. The educational initiative emphasizes physical fitness, nutrition and healthy lifestyle choices to students throughout Minneapolis and Saint Paul.

Carter will also provide analysis on Wild Live presented by CenturyLink before and after select Wild games on FOX Sports North.

The White Bear Lake, Minn., native totaled 93 points (41-52=93), 444 PIM and 691 hits in 473 career NHL games during nine seasons with Anaheim, Carolina, Florida, New Jersey and Minnesota (2007-16). He recorded 25 points (10-15=25) and 103 PIM in 113 contests during two seasons with the Wild (2014-16). Carter played in 18 games with the Iowa Wild in 2016-17 after undergoing surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder. He announced his retirement as a player in Sept. of 2017. Carter appeared in 46 career Stanley Cup Playoff matches and won a Stanley Cup with the Anaheim Ducks in 2007. He played two seasons at Minnesota State University Mankato (2004-06) and helped White Bear Lake High School reach the 2001 state high school hockey tournament.

I got this of the Minnesota Wild Website here is the link and I give credit to the Minnesota Wild for the article:

https://www.nhl.com/wild/news/ryan-carter-joins-business-staff-091318/c-300091802

I'm an MSU-Mankato alumni so I'm biased. That being said, I don't think anyone will ever confuse Ryan Carter with a star player but I think he was exactly what you want from a 3rd/4th line player. Plays smart, good on the PK, gritty, sticks up for his team mates, etc.

Glad to see him stick with the Wild.

On 9/14/2018 at 11:51 PM, Razblo said:

I'm an MSU-Mankato alumni so I'm biased. That being said, I don't think anyone will ever confuse Ryan Carter with a star player but I think he was exactly what you want from a 3rd/4th line player. Plays smart, good on the PK, gritty, sticks up for his team mates, etc.

Glad to see him stick with the Wild.

I am glad to see him stay with the organization.

Archived