Sanheim 1 week

King Knut

9 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

It looked like left shoulder to me.  Mild separation or a bruise.

Does Matt Martin get suspended for the hit?  I haven't seen anything on it.

I haven't seen anything on it but IMHO, a hit like that during the preseason is completely unnecessary.  Probably no suspension, but maybe there should be......

55 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

In my mind Meyers has leaped frogged Sanheim in the pecking order so far.

I hope he gets better so he can acquit himself with a good game or two.

Guess we'll see.

Both have more to offer this team now and in the future than any combination of Gudas, Folin, Mac, and even Hagg. It's not an either/or equation between them -- which is amazing for us.

Sanheim was the Flyers' third best defenseman last year. I think Myers will end up being the second best out of the group when all is said and done (yes, including Ghost), but it's been three preseason games against mostly rookies and AHLers. 

By all rights, based on play so far, Hagg should be the odd man out.

18 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Hagg should be the odd man out.

He won't he is a Hak favorite can play the PK and brings the boom on the backend something Gudas use to bring...it could be Gudas or Folin as the odd man out when Mcdud gets healthy.

43 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

He won't he is a Hak favorite can play the PK and brings the boom on the backend something Gudas use to bring...it could be Gudas or Folin as the odd man out when Mcdud gets healthy.

I have to assume Gudas isn't long for this team. There's really no point in keeping a guy like that at this point. I mean, there's plenty to be said for having options in the event of injuries and such, but I have to think any serious offer for Gudas' services would be accepted without too much consideration. I'm not sure how many such offers Hexy will get, but he may get some interest near the deadline for a pick or something.

Archived