Domi to have hearing after sucker-punching Ekblad

hf101

How many Games for Max Domi's Sucker-Punch?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. How many games wil Max Domi get?

• 1-2
    • 3-5
    • More than 5

In the Canadiens vs Panthers preseason game last night Max Domi wanted to engage Ekblad and throws a fist to Ekblad's face who clearly showed no signs he wanted to fight.  Domi was given a game misconduct which ended his first preseason game.  Domi will have a hearing today for his actions.  Will the league be sending a tougher message this season than last on sucker-punching?

Why do they have to pull this **** in preseason???  I do hope the league does starting cracking down on some of the stuff (fairly and equally of course)!

Send the message early that this won't be tolerated!

Ekblad made it quite clear he wanted nothing to do with fighting the brat in the middle of a meaningless preseason game, he put his arms to his side and domi held onto his sweater and first swatted him twice in the face with the gloves before shaking the glove loose and delivering a ridiculous sucker punch. I like fighting in Hockey, that was no fight, that was Domi being an idiot like his father was before him. Hope he sits for five games.

Yeah, not sure how this is any kind of punishment for Domi.

In other news, Habs are moving him to center, a position he hasn't played since midget. THAT'S how you find your #1 center, folks.

10 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Ekblad made it quite clear he wanted nothing to do with fighting the brat in the middle of a meaningless preseason game, he put his arms to his side and domi held onto his sweater and first swatted him twice in the face with the gloves before shaking the glove loose and delivering a ridiculous sucker punch. I like fighting in Hockey, that was no fight, that was Domi being an idiot like his father was before him. Hope he sits for five games.

From his teammate Drouin:

“I saw a pretty big slash from Ekblad on Max, and Max just took matters into his own hands,” the Canadiens centre said after the game. “It’s also Ekblad’s fault for not protecting himself.”

2 hours ago, AJgoal said:

Yeah, not sure how this is any kind of punishment for Domi.

In other news, Habs are moving him to center, a position he hasn't played since midget. THAT'S how you find your #1 center, folks.

/r/whatcouldgowrong

16 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Yeah when it comes to hockey fights, they're not on until both people drop their gloves. Once that happens they're inviting a fight, but not before then.

Well from the slashes i saw Ekblad giving Domi that shurely doesn't warrant a sucker punch...but tempers flare and they are both paying the price....one in blood...it happens...especially when someone is already aggravated...

Archived