"Gritty"

hf101

Flyers new mascot ... Yay or Nay ??  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Flyers new mascot ... Yay or Nay ??

• Hell Yes...its hip...think of all the $$$ the Flyers will make on the stuffed animal!
    • God No ...the thing is hideous!
    • The Flyers have a new mascot ?????

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/28/2018 at 7:30 AM, vis said:

Yeah, it’s hideous looking (does it have a nose?).  Hated it as well at first, but they must have been going for that on purpose.  

Youppi is pathetic.  I never knew the Habs had a mascot.   

Youpi was actually the Expos mascot, and I'm guessing Montreal still hasn't gotten over losing the team. They just ported him over to the Habs. 

I’ll say one thing their goodwill tour seemed to get Flyers fans excited about him as he got rousing ovations when he appeared.  As a purist I would prefer to live without him but I’m afraid he is here to stay.

Currently he is participating in mites on ice with the kids.

On 9/24/2018 at 2:31 PM, CreaseAndAssist said:

Nordy sucks...so does Gritty.  I hate mascots in pro sports almost as a rule.  Sure, they're not really for adults, but am I the only one that thinks Gritty drives around in a van that says 'Free Candy' spray painted on the side?  

Image result for Free candy van

Looks like Buffalo Bill's van. And I mean the one from Silence of the Lambs.  LOL

3 hours ago, pilldoc said:

LOL .. I cannot believe the attention he is getting..... I have to say he his growing on me... LOL..

It appears that his goodwill tour is having an effect on people.  I'm still pretty lukewarm because I was always opposed to the Flyers having a mascot.  From what I have been told the NHL kind of pushed them a bit to create a mascot so under that circumstance I am a bit more understanding of it.  He was one of the only Flyers associated things at the home opener that wasn't booed so he is making inroads with the fan base.

Archived