"Gritty"

hf101

Flyers new mascot ... Yay or Nay ??  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Flyers new mascot ... Yay or Nay ??

• Hell Yes...its hip...think of all the $$$ the Flyers will make on the stuffed animal!
    • God No ...the thing is hideous!
    • The Flyers have a new mascot ?????

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couple a things...I hope he skates pre zamboni, looks like his fur might shed at some point.

It is a scary looking thing,  I can't imagine "gritty" doing well in plush sales. 

Usually I'm not one for over focus grouping a creative endeavor, however, no one said..."hey that thing is kinda scary" at any point in its creation time line ?

The best mascot in all of sport is already in town.  Why on earth wouldn't the brain trust do a variation on a theme and use the Phanatic ?

Pay the Phillies their money, color the fur orange, slap a sweater on him and viola mascot. 

I don't care for this at all. 

Whatever it just snorted was Gritty

1 hour ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Nordy sucks...so does Gritty.  I hate mascots in pro sports almost as a rule. 

Philadelphia is blessed with the greatest mascot in all of organized sport, the Phillie Phanatic. No other mascot so accurately depicts the fanbase which it is meant to represent:

image.png

I suppose this newest abomination may balance that out...

1 minute ago, radoran said:

Philadelphia is blessed with the greatest mascot in all of organized sport, the Phillie Phanatic. No other mascot so accurately depicts the fanbase which it is meant to represent:

image.png
imageproxy.php?img=&key=eb823884a99abb8eimageproxy.php?img=&key=eb823884a99abb8e

I suppose this newest abomination may balance that out...

LMAO.... They are going to both have to add the yin and yang symbols to their respective outfits......

Archived