"Gritty"

hf101

Flyers new mascot ... Yay or Nay ??  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Flyers new mascot ... Yay or Nay ??

• Hell Yes...its hip...think of all the $$$ the Flyers will make on the stuffed animal!
    • God No ...the thing is hideous!
    • The Flyers have a new mascot ?????

7 minutes ago, radoran said:

Philadelphia is blessed with the greatest mascot in all of organized sport, the Phillie Phanatic. No other mascot so accurately depicts the fanbase which it is meant to represent:

image.png
imageproxy.php?img=&key=eb823884a99abb8eimageproxy.php?img=&key=eb823884a99abb8e

I suppose this newest abomination may balance that out...

I think I have been permanently blinded ... LOL

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

twitter has been pretty funny about this.

#Gritty is a treasure trove of snark.

I'm going to add, I had not seen the googly eyes, they are definitely the feature that keeps this Gritty from being a complete abomination.  

this is the most I've ever laughed on this forum......

SOLID. GOLD.

Please keep this thread active all year and when we go on our inevitable 10 game loosing streak we can come here and beat up on Gritty.....:)

(but seriously.....so bad. Someone better have lost their job over this.....;)

6 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

twitter has been pretty funny about this.

#Gritty is a treasure trove of snark.

I'm going to add, I had not seen the googly eyes, they are definitely the feature that keeps this Gritty from being a complete abomination.  

Hate the eyes. It makes what is already an abomination even worse. 

24 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Honest question to those who voted "yes."

Sarcasm? Irony? Trolling? 

It's the entertainment factor.  I'm kinda bummed I had tickets to tonight's game and couldn't use them.

There is also a certain irony to this all, of course, lol had I'd designed gritty it would have the Bobby Clarke smile.

Another fun fact: As part of the trade for Mark Recchi, the Flyers received John LeClair, Eric Desjardins, Gilbert Dionne, and the first-born son of Youppi. 
While the trade was considered a steal for the last few decades, Gritty has now reached his 23rd birthday and has dedicated his life to exacting revenge upon the franchise that tore him from his idyllic childhood.

DA59D62E-DA4F-457D-B57A-97A2F3B6C7A9.jpeg.0086b93d07f3ca4346f24ce68ee2c646.jpeg

10 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

the first-born bastard son of Youppi, who crashed his porsche into a thrashing machine.   Left for dead after being mutilated by the thrashing machine and crapped on by a bunch of rabid cows, a pack of Boy Scouts came upon him.  Because they had all achieved their defibrillation merit badges, they began to attempt to revive him, not noticing that he was lying in a pool of water.   The bolts raged through him, sizzling through his hardening arteries, shriveling his barely beating heart, and causing his hair to look like that of Bob Ross during his own childbirth.   From the depths of the cow pasture, angry at the world but completely unable to skate and keep his balance comes a bird? a Hartnell? hell no.....it's GRITTY.

Fixed it?

Archived