Fehr - 5

Hendricks - 5

Read - 0

Rau - 0

Seeler - 2

Pateryn - 1

Prosser - 0

Pateryn - 1

Total 266  An improvement by 13 goals.  I believe they will focus on cutting down goals as well and improve from 232 down to 220.  A net positive of 25 goals.  That will be a great season and will be in the top 10 for the league.

Staal - 18

Zucker - 42

Niederrieter - 34

Parise - 28

Granlund - 20

Coyle - 24

Dumba - 14

Koivu - 9

Ek - 8

Greenway - 19

Spurgeon - 8

Foligno - 4

Suter - 7

Brodin - 6

Brown - 5

Kunin - 11

Kloos - 4

Fehr - 4

Hendricks - 3

Read - 3

Rau - 8

Seeler - 2

Pateryn - 1

Prosser - 3

Ek - 15

Greenway - 12

Davey - Not saying you're wrong, I really hope you're correct, but I think you're pretty optimistic on these two.

As I posted in another thread, I'm bullish on both Nino and Coyle this year, because, for the Wild not to suck, these two really have to step up IMO.

Nino 31

Coyle 25

Plus Parise is going to pull out a majical Big E. Staal season this year:

Parise 34

Others:

Zooker 33

Big E. 33

MiG 18

Mikko 11

EEk 13

Greenway 12

Dumba 13

Suter 8

Spurgie 10

Ted Brown's kid and the old men, Fehr and Hendricks - combined they'll score fewer goals than Cullen did last season.

Hope I'm wrong, but I worry about a drop in Staal's production this year due to age. On the plus side, I foresee more than enough goals from other guys to make up the difference. My top 10 picks are:

Zucker - 42

Parise - 34

Granlund - 31

Niederreiter - 26

Staal - 24

Dumba - 22

Coyle - 21

Spurgeon - 20

Brodin - 17 (for some reason, I can hear bookies giggling in my head right now...)

Greenway - 16 (... but I'll get the last laugh when this one pans out)

McMahon - I swear, I did a LOL BEFORE I read the rest of your comment about giggling at Brodin scoring 17 goals!  Was that actually a typo? 7 goals?  17 points?  Thing is, if Brodin actually played like Dumba I think he really could get into the teens in goals.  But for him to change his game so drastically it would be like asking a turkey to dive in and catch a minnow like a loon.

I posted it years ago, Brodin with that beautiful skating could be doing so much more offensively!  It's frustrating to me watching him skate the puck up and then throw it into the opposing goalies chest instead of continuing the play and creating offense.

Heh heh.. OK, maybe 17 goals is a little optimistic for Brodin. But hey, even realistic posters can dream once in a while:)

I hear ya on those shots into the chest protector. It drives me crazy to see guys from the blue line going for the upper corners when low shots can create so much more havoc off sticks and skates and such.

For no logical reason, I see Boudreau preaching "pucks on net, pucks on net, shoot, shoot, and shoot some more" much harder this season, and players finally buying in when the dirty greasy goals start piling up. And Brodin's shot is right up there with Spurgeon and Dumba's when he chooses to let 'er rip. If he can keep 'em low to the ice, I wouldn't be surprised to see at least a dozen of them get through untouched, with a couple dozen more assists via tips and rebounds.

14 hours ago, Fargocase said:

McMahon - I swear, I did a LOL BEFORE I read the rest of your comment about giggling at Brodin scoring 17 goals!  Was that actually a typo? 7 goals?  17 points?  Thing is, if Brodin actually played like Dumba I think he really could get into the teens in goals.  But for him to change his game so drastically it would be like asking a turkey to dive in and catch a minnow like a loon.

I posted it years ago, Brodin with that beautiful skating could be doing so much more offensively!  It's frustrating to me watching him skate the puck up and then throw it into the opposing goalies chest instead of continuing the play and creating offense.

I completely agree!  There is SO much more there with Brodin.  On top of his all-world skating ability, he has a very underrated shot too.  Both his wrister and slapshot are very good.  I think he easily has the skillset to be a 30-40 pt/year defenseman...IF...IF  he was more assertive and aggressive.

11 hours ago, Davey J said:

Here's a prediction for you...

Boudreau doesn't make it through the season.

That's saying he'll be fired during the season.  Zero point zero chance of that.  I'll bet you 3 to 1 beers that doesn't happen.

59 minutes ago, Fargocase said:

That's saying he'll be fired during the season.  Zero point zero chance of that.  I'll bet you 3 to 1 beers that doesn't happen.

So I get the 3 beers if he's fired and you get 1 beer if he doesn't?  Deal.  I know it's a stretch, but I think there is a solid chance this team sh!ts the bed and Boudreau falls on the knife for it.

2 hours ago, Davey J said:

So I get the 3 beers if he's fired and you get 1 beer if he doesn't?  Deal.  I know it's a stretch, but I think there is a solid chance this team sh!ts the bed and Boudreau falls on the knife for it.

He won't get fired during the season, but after? For sure. He will take the fall for a a poorly built (Fletcher) team. Unfortunate for BB, but he'll land another coaching gig. Possibly St. Louis, I can't see Yeo making it past January so they will be looking for a HC in the off-season. I'll take bets on that.

Staal - 32

Zucker - 20

Niederrieter - 19

Parise - 24

Granlund - 26

Coyle - 16

Dumba - 11

Koivu - 15

Ek - 13

Greenway - 13

Spurgeon - 10

Foligno - 3

Suter - 16

Brodin - 8

Brown - 4

Kunin - 6

Kloos - 3

Fehr - 4

Hendricks - 4

Read - 2

Rau - 1

Seeler - 6

Pateryn - 1

Prosser - 7

I think there is almost zero chance of BB being fired during the season. After there is a good chance with another underperforming season. Thing is I feel really bad for BB. This was a team Fletcher put together and anchored the franchise to a few players that there is nothing a coach can do to try and cut the anchors off. BB will get fired due to Fletchers picks and players really underperforming.

12 hours ago, puck_hawg said:

He won't get fired during the season, but after? For sure. He will take the fall for a a poorly built (Fletcher) team. Unfortunate for BB, but he'll land another coaching gig. Possibly St. Louis, I can't see Yeo making it past January so they will be looking for a HC in the off-season. I'll take bets on that.

I can easily see that scenario happening.   My optimism took a huge hit during the Avs game.  It was terrible to see how slow and disorganized the Wild was.  Today's NHL is a speed game.  Wild and speed with this roster seem to be mutually exclusive.   Zooker is the only burner.   Mikko, Staal, the 4th Liners all very slow.  MiG and Parise are both really quick, but by no means speed burners.  Nino and Coyle can get going but it takes them awhile to get up to speed, quickness a little lacking...   EEk, like Nino and Coyle, big but lacking quickness.

14 hours ago, Davey J said:

DEAL!   BB fired after the season if they miss the Playoffs?   Easily could happen IMO.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2018 at 4:57 AM, Davey J said:

Injuries/games played void nothing.  

Staal - 34

Zucker - 33

Niederrieter - 25

Parise - 21

Granlund - 20

Coyle - 19

Dumba - 14

Koivu - 12

Ek - 15

Greenway - 12

Spurgeon - 8

Foligno - 8

Suter - 7

Brodin - 6

Brown - 5

Kunin - 5

Kloos - 4

Fehr - 4

Hendricks - 3

Read - 3

Rau - 2

Seeler - 2

Pateryn - 1

Prosser - 1

Discuss/Place your bets...

Hi Davey, long time no see!

Slow start for some. Not aiming to crack wise about your predictions but Staal and Nino (!) look like they won't achieve those numbers, probably Ek and Greenway neither. But many others can! With the right line combo I think Zucker could score more than 33.

Archived