hartnell appreciation thread

mkscrewy

Loved this one too...as we avoided the dreaded shootout and broke the Pens 12 game streak.  I was in the house for these 2  OT goals and the place was deafening!!  He had a way of irritating the Pens so often!

My favorite Hartnell memory is of him fetching the puck after Matt Read's first Flyers goal.

Hartnell was really struggling at that time and that little gesture, getting the puck from his linemate's first goal showed the kind of teammate he was.  He was a guy I enjoyed having on our team. 

plus 

Suck it Phaneuf

How about him signing the Pens fans' jersey, that was meant to insult him "to my biggest fan, your bud...Scott Fartsmell!

Hartnell is one of the very few guys of this era that could have fit right in on the Broad Street Bullies. And probably the first guy who comes to mind in the "athletes you'd want to have a beer with" category.

30 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

How about him signing the Pens fans' jersey, that was meant to insult him "to my biggest fan, your bud...Scott Fartsmell!

Hartnell is one of the very few guys of this era that could have fit right in on the Broad Street Bullies. And probably the first guy who comes to mind in the "athletes you'd want to have a beer with" category.

that was a great story. i meant to find this link yesterday....

http://blogs.post-gazette.com/sports/94-empty-netters/14773-scott-hartnell-an-alright-dude-3-23-09

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

How true, Hartnell was a true Flyer. It was actually one of the best moves Paul Holmgren made in his time as GM, making the trade with Nashville to obtain Hartnell and Timonen's rights before free agency and sign both guys. It's too bad his contract forced his way out of Philly, it would have been good to see him finish his career in Philly. He was a character!

Archived