Minnesota Wild @ Colorado Avalanche, Thursday 10-4-18, 8:00pm

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, our car was also sacrificed this summer.

Back in June, LIG had gone up to the Cities for a family graduation. He dropped me off at my mom's house for the weekend, so this meant he wasn't taking our usual I-94 to I-694 to US-10 to get to his parents house. So traveling then through the south metro, he had to take the exit into downtown Saint Paul to get to I-94. LIG got hit. The other driver drove off. We only had liability on the car. And the hit bent the rear passenger wheel.

So on top of going to a graduation party he had to buy a new car. We got a used 2018 Impala.....and then the A/C compressor died. The crazy part, is there wasn't a replacement compressor to be had anywhere in the country. I just got the call from our local Chevy dealer and they finally got the part and that's being fixed tomorrow. Funny how we get A/C back when it's no longer needed.

@MNSOTA that's an ouch. Buy a new car and poof no a/c. My last three vehicles were like that.

However my reliable $1,500 Dodge Dakota while still going strong at 247,000 miles also had poor heat in the winter. In 8 years I probably put in another $1,500 in repairs making it easily the best, most reliable vehicle I ever owned. Traded it in for a newer Dodge 1500 Ram Express. Man what a difference! About twice the size and 22-25 mpg vs 14 for the old Dakota. It's been almost 20 years since having a newer vehicle so I'm happy as all hell :)

Just now, rottenrefs said:

@MNSOTA that's an ouch. Buy a new car and poof no a/c. My last three vehicles were like that.

However my reliable $1,500 Dodge Dakota while still going strong at 247,000 miles also had poor heat in the winter. In 8 years I probably put in another $1,500 in repairs making it easily the best, most reliable vehicle I ever owned. Traded it in for a newer Dodge 1500 Ram Express. Man what a difference! About twice the size and 22-25 mpg vs 14 for the old Dakota. It's been almost 20 years since having a newer vehicle so I'm happy as all hell :)

Yeah, it stinks. Especially since it was so hot right after it died. However, it's going to be a warranty repair so it's not going to cost us anything. Plus, we got the car at Forest Lake Auto Group, and the warranty the car came with was amazing, so it was a bit of a no-brainer. Also, we have just one car so it needs to be reliable.

Just now, MNSOTA said:

Yeah, it stinks. Especially since it was so hot right after it died. However, it's going to be a warranty repair so it's not going to cost us anything. Plus, we got the car at Forest Lake Auto Group, and the warranty the car came with was amazing, so it was a bit of a no-brainer. Also, we have just one car so it needs to be reliable.

We were through that for 20 years. This is the first time we each have a newer vehicle. Kinda scary. We're not used to this!!

I was going to say that I miss the old school Yahoo banging head on wall emoji.....and I looked at the full list of emojis and look what I found.

:bonkingheadonwall:

Seriously, I wish we'd add that emoji at the fruit company. I can't tell you how many times I wish I had that one to use in our internal chat during work......like yesterday. I had a woman who called me a nasty person. Mind you, I wasn't even given a chance to talk, so not sure how I was a nasty person.

Archived