Minnesota Wild @ Colorado Avalanche, Thursday 10-4-18, 8:00pm

CreaseAndAssist

Wild Lethargic in Season Opening 4-1 Loss to Colorado

The Wild looked slow and tired, and that was after having 5 days to get prepared for this game.  Minnesota was on their heels most of the game and couldn't compete against Colorado's superior speed.  Minnesota's offense looked non-existent.  If you want to get Nino off his game, give him a few elbows and he'll forget to play hockey and Zadorov played him like a fiddle.  So predictable.  I have a full game recap and some prospect news too, enjoy!  

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, puck_hawg said:

Hahaha! It's like a pout competition in here. It's game one of a season were the Wild will likely fight for a wild card spot and you bitches expect a dominate performance? Come on now! Pull up that bottom lip and enjoy that hockey is back. 

Good point--although a competitive performance would've been nice...

Not a lot of sandpaper tonight. This team will live and die on the Third Line. Our top two lines can compete with any in the game but we need 45 goals from Greenway, Ek and Coyle...

3 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

It was however, another snoozer for 3/4's of the game and they didn't seem very engaged until the last 12-14 minutes of the game.

Where have we seen this before?

Was unable to watch game but yes I’ve hesrd this before to many damn times. 

Very disappointing game.   The Wild looked slow and played slow.  Av's way faster and looked to be hustling much harder.  Wild was lucky the score stayed 2-1 for so long, I thought they were getting out-played badly.  No answer for McKnnn's speed and skill.

Have to squint really hard through the rose colored glasses to see anything good.   But Doobie did play well, he kept them in the game.

10 hours ago, puck_hawg said:

Hahaha! It's like a pout competition in here. It's game one of a season were the Wild will likely fight for a wild card spot and you bitches expect a dominate performance? Come on now! Pull up that bottom lip and enjoy that hockey is back. 

I was super happy and excited the Wild were playing again!   But it really sucked that no one showed up except Doobie!   They pizzed in my Wheaties big time...   That was flat out a bad, boring game by the Wild IMO.  

Oh well, gotta flush this turd and hope the next game doesn't stink as much...

17 hours ago, bbgarnett said:

if you'd like to feel free to join the Pickem club over here. Just click Join Club and then click on the NHL game matchups tab and proceed to the current date and follow the instructions. This Pickem is for every game each night and not just for the WIld.

https://www.hockeyforums.net/clubs/8-pickem/ 

Rotty not going to run a Wild only one this year?

But I thought the preseason was a real eye opener. Our starters struggled against AHL kids of other teams. Not a good sign at all. I expect the Wild and Chicago to be out of the playoffs this year. These are two teams getting older and anchored with players that are aging and declining. Granted Chicagos guys are at least Cup winners and top end talent. We still have another 6 years of Parise and Suter. Hopefully Koivu is gone after this season. We need to rebuild and get young. We need to draft like we are a NHL team and not a Finnish international team.

The Wild looked so slow and old last night. But then again they looked that during the preseason. I have zero idea why there wasn't major change done to the team this offseason. I worry our new GM isn't much brighter then Fletcher. Doesn't take much searching to see what the results are for the same core of players for years now and Fenton did nothing to try to shake it up. Expect the same results everybody. I love hockey but am getting tired of the Wild franchise as a whole. They rather have Minnesota names and "one of us" guys on the team to sell some merchandise than get serious about trying to make a true cup contender. Hopefully I am wrong and the Wild do something that hasn't been done since 02-03 and actually make it out of the 2nd round.

8 hours ago, EJ0226 said:

Rotty not going to run a Wild only one this year?

I was asked not to in favor of joining forces to help with the "Play Pick'em" Challenge.

A little history discussed this summer... The Wild (former board) had our own game prediction thread. However people here supporting their favorite teams didn't have something like that. So in fairness the goal to develop something everyone could join in on primarily hockey enthusiasts from every team was conceived.

Give it a try!

I just watched this game again on DVR.   This could have been one of those games where one team outplays the other big time, but a fluke play and everything changes.   Even though it felt to me like it was a blow out, the fact is the Wild was down only one goal in the 3rd period!  Coulda, woulda, shoulda!!!   The Avs got passive in the third but the Wild couldn't take advantage.  And to add insult to injury, the zebra's letting Zadorov get away with gooning Nino sucked and led directly to the first EN goal.   Call a penalty, then get a PP....  Coulda, shoulda, woulda!

I'm going to start a new thread, but after watching the game again - BB initial lines sucked.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:16 PM, rottenrefs said:

I was asked not to in favor of joining forces to help with the "Play Pick'em" Challenge.

A little history discussed this summer... The Wild (former board) had our own game prediction thread. However people here supporting their favorite teams didn't have something like that. So in fairness the goal to develop something everyone could join in on primarily hockey enthusiasts from every team was conceived.

Give it a try!

Will do. Thank you Rotty!

Archived