Hockey Fights

Boweache

15 minutes ago, Boweache said:

I love watching hockey for the competitiveness that leads to epic fights. FUnny enough, ive never seen blood in a hockey fight before. Weird. Has anyone seen? gimme links. I want to see that fiesty gore. LOL

Must not have seen many fights yet.

Here's John Ferguson putting a pounding on Eric Nesterenko during the Stanley Cup Finals. It's always stayed with me because of the story "The Drubbing of Nesterenko".

Back around 69 or 70 the Leafs were playing Boston and the bench's cleared in the best donnybrook I ever saw.  Baby face MacKenzie had blood going down his face with a big smile.  Even Orr was involved. Punch's flying everywhere.  This was before O'Reilly and Milbury and their famous fight with the businessman in MSG.  As the final buzzer sounded to end the game, Milbury and O'Reilly climbed into the stands and they beat the guy with his own shoe.  Priceless.  

Things like that are not likely to happen again.  And then there is Derek Sanderson.  Man that guy you could write a book on.  He climbed into the stands often to battle fans. 

• 1 month later...

Archived