Wild vs. Golden Knights 10/6/18 @ 6:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

That's not what I'm talking about.

Words haven't worked. How about pictures? Flow chart?

image.png.092fa3490cc009341910e44b838d59f9.png

Yes, but if the sheeple keep buying tickets and telling ownership they're ok with 'tweaks' nothing will change.  

8 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Yes, but if the sheeple keep buying tickets and telling ownership they're ok with 'tweaks' nothing will change.  

Yet the sheeple keep dumping their season tickets with others replacing them. I get that, but in it a message has been sent.

They still put the same cast of characters in the ice making them, the club, look foolish. Why is that?

3 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

Yet the sheeple keep dumping their season tickets with others replacing them. I get that, but in it a message has been sent.

They still put the same cast of characters in the ice making them, the club, look foolish. Why is that?

No message us being sent if the Warming House is full. When the Warming House is empty and the stadium is half full, then a message is being sent. 

As as far as Koivu, Parise and Suter being on the ice in OT? Boudreau trusts them the most. Until some young player starts winning face offs at a 55+% clip, Koivu’s getting the nod. Until some young guy is willing to camp out in front of the net, take a beating and get garbage goals, Parise’s getting the nod. Until some young defenseman starts playing flawlessly and scores a lot, Suter is getting the nod. 

Or or there is the conspiracy theories that Koivu, Parise and Suter have a secret deal with the owner to be able to pick their ice time, line mates, and post game buffet...

I have said earlier and will say it again. Fenton is Fletcher 2.0. Why would any GM worth anything take a job in mess situation and accept being only able to do a minor tweak or two by the owner? When I heard that and seen Fenton only did a minor tweak I knew this team is in huge trouble. I honestly don't think they will make the playoffs. They are too old and slow. To many pricy contracts for non impact/star players. It's sad cause Dubnyk looks fantastic for once and I feel like he is probably the only reason that the Wild shouldn't lose a game.

At this point, with multiply coaches doing the exact same thing, I would wager more than likely Parise, Suter and Koivu are able to say they will be on the ice for those situations when it's clearly 100% better choice to roll other guys. I know people say for Koivu it's because his faceoffs but with him getting kicked out so much and then not able to provide much on offense side it's seems like a poor choice to have out.

But as others point out, a attendance of 19,000 just means the sheeple love dumping their money to see the exact same results every year which doesn't bother Leopold. It's a horrible circle. A owner who doesn't care about winning and only about the money rolling in and a fan base that will pay to have the team **** on their heads instead of going we are sick of this. Fix it and we will show back up. Whats worse is these same "fans" talk dirt and say you know nothing when you criticize actually issues with the team or don't worship the "one of us" players as a franchise changer/Super star player.

A owner who doesn't care about winning and only about the money rolling in

Leipold wants to win more than anyone whining on this board.   He's at every game and actually watches the games instead of socializing or schmoozing.  Don't let the facts get in your way - fact is the Wild is a Max Cap Team under Leipold, repeatedly near the top of the league in payroll.  Too bad you were in diapers back when Neagle owned the team.  Then you'd understand what having a money grubbing owner was actually like.

The Xcel is an excellent arena and the Wild puts on a very good show at home.  I've had a great time at the large majority of games I've attended over the past 17 years, whatever it's been.   If you don't think it's worth your entertainment dollar then spend it elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, Fargocase said:

Leipold wants to win more than anyone whining on this board.   He's at every game and actually watches the games instead of socializing or schmoozing.  Don't let the facts get in your way - fact is the Wild is a Max Cap Team under Leipold, repeatedly near the top of the league in payroll.  Too bad you were in diapers back when Neagle owned the team.  Then you'd understand what having a money grubbing owner was actually like.

The Xcel is an excellent arena and the Wild puts on a very good show at home.  I've had a great time at the large majority of games I've attended over the past 17 years, whatever it's been.   If you don't think it's worth your entertainment dollar then spend it elsewhere.

I never said he was worse than Neagle. Neagle was horrible. My grandpa worked for his company and he hated the guy. He was cheap and a piece of ****.

Yes, He is max cap but only because he dumped all the crazy money on Suter and Parise. He doesn't want to make any moves to improve the team. So either he is a retarded owner or he is only about the greens as the money is rolling in with the same results. It would be very interesting to see what would happen with him if the warming house was empty and half the arena is empty. I could see him selling and not wanting to put the money and effort to fix it.

And yes, the Xcel Energy Center is fantastic. One of the few sports arenas built for the fans first and media second. I have been to just as many turds as great games there. I love concerts at the Xcel. I am looking forward to Fleetwood Mac in a few weeks there.

4 hours ago, Fargocase said:

Like on Backstrom when they extended his contract.

Or on Havlat when he was out there in name only.

Then Heatley - tons of minutes and big bucks right down the drain.

Then Vanek. Mr. Slug central. The best slug of them all.

Pominville wasn't bad initially but when they extended his contract large amounts of money gained little return all over again.

Then they extended Koivu's contract when they had a prime opportunity to try salvaging money spent on Parise and Suter; to take the team in a newer and better direction instead of surfacing their ice with borrowed water from fans just to keep them more entertained.

Smoke and mirrors are appealing? Because money is going out does that mean sagging results are satisfying?

The ONLY humility in it all was when the Wild parted with Heatley, making $7.5 million a year with a No Movement Clause... He ended up in Anaheim as a Duck and within a couple games they sent him to the AHL for a million a year.

Try having a rational, factual moment how the team could have been better off with none of them and instead acquired two $3 million dollar players (young eager ones) for each one of them while seeing three to four times the results. Plus where would their growth have been had they done that?

-

Somehow you confuse peoples' genuine interest in the team with them needing to go somewhere else so you can hear yourself chirp without being questioned. Whatever.

22 hours ago, Fargocase said:

What exactly is a "max cap team"? Is being called a max cap team that big of a deal? Don't you almost have to be a "max cap team" just to be competitive?

The fact is over the last 5 years, 2/3rds of the league have had payrolls that were at least 90% of the cap. Those are "max cap teams" right?

I think Leipold being at the games and actually watching is simply a prudent investor paying close attention to his $200M  investment. 

40 minutes ago, sweetshot said:

What exactly is a "max cap team"? Is being called a max cap team that big of a deal? Don't you almost have to be a "max cap team" just to be competitive?

The fact is over the last 5 years, 2/3rds of the league have had payrolls that were at least 90% of the cap. Those are "max cap teams" right?

I think Leipold being at the games and actually watching is simply a prudent investor paying close attention to his $200M  investment. 

I do not think so. I read recently a local article about Leopold's health issues for years (his both hips were replaced; both new artificial hips were infected later; just before the new season started one infected hip was replaced again, but the whole summer he was practically not able to walk - 22 out of 24 hours he was in bed; probably in the future his second artificial hip is going to be replaced too). It seems he is suffering a lot from that stuff. It was kind of a sad article to read about him. But from my understanding out of his interviews he is really having an interest in a Wild winning success. Despite of all his health problems he does not want to miss any Wild games because he is really a nice Wild team supporter and a strong Wild fan  too, but not because of his investments. 

44 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

I do not think so. I read recently a local article about Leopold's health issues for years (his both hips were replaced; both new artificial hips were infected later; just before the new season started one infected hip was replaced again, but the whole summer he was practically not able to walk - 22 out of 24 hours he was in bed; probably in the future his second artificial hip is going to be replaced too). It seems he is suffering a lot from that stuff. It was kind of a sad article to read about him. But from my understanding out of his interviews he is really having an interest in a Wild winning success. Despite of all his health problems he does not want to miss any Wild games because he is really a nice Wild team supporter and a strong Wild fan  too, but not because of his investments. 

If the Wild is not an investment, why did he buy them?

1 hour ago, sweetshot said:

Of course hockey team is an investment. But he is at every game not because he is simply a prudent investor paying close attention to his investments(I just do not believe it , because it is too tough to do that when you have such a bad health issues), but because he wants visually to see a team's success every game and nothing else. Money is not everything in that world, sometimes satisfaction of the team's successful performance is more important than money, because it helps him healing too. It seems he likes the players he owns and he wants to see their real success. Not much we can do with our such a different opinions for years. That is his team and those are his personal decisions. So far , our 2 last regular seasons were the best in the team's history. If the team will perform poorly like they did 2 first games this season, I am sure we will see some team's changes and sure, tanking is not included into those changes. Oilers team is the best example that tanking for multiple years is not the best solution to win the Cup or even to reach the  Stanley Cup finals. The other nice example is a Vegas team's success last year - they did not tank during their first year of existence - they just played smart, productively well and hard.

5 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

To be part of an exclusive club. There are only 30 other people in the world that own an NHL franchise.

He doesn't seem to be that type of individual to me. From what I've heard he'd just as soon stay at home with his wife. I don't think he would have invested what he has just to be a member of an exclusive club--or be that involved with the team--which he does care about.

4 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Of course hockey team is an investment. But he is at every game not because he is simply a prudent investor paying close attention to his investments(I just do not believe it , because it is too tough to do that when you have such a bad health issues), but because he wants visually to see a team's success every game and nothing else. Money is not everything in that world, sometimes satisfaction of the team's successful performance is more important than money, because it helps him healing too. It seems he likes the players he owns and he wants to see their real success. Not much we can do with our such a different opinions for years. That is his team and those are his personal decisions. So far , our 2 last regular seasons were the best in the team's history. If the team will perform poorly like they did 2 first games this season, I am sure we will see some team's changes and sure, tanking is not included into those changes. Oilers team is the best example that tanking for multiple years is not the best solution to win the Cup or even to reach the  Stanley Cup finals. The other nice example is a Vegas team's success last year - they did not tank during their first year of existence - they just played smart, productively well and hard.

So he using the Wild for medicinal purposes? And if he owns the Wild out of the goodness of his heart in order to give the fans something to cheer about, I wish he'd sell now and give somebody else a chance.

4 hours ago, Alexandron said:

You're being rational where being rational and reasonable don't work.  Haters are going to Hate.  That's what they are and what they do.  No logical applies.  Just emotional hate.

5 minutes ago, sweetshot said:

So he using the Wild for medicinal purposes? And if he owns the Wild out of the goodness of his heart in order to give the fans something to cheer about, I wish he'd sell now and give somebody else a chance.

Waste of time to reply to gibberish like this.  It hates Leipold.  Nothing can change that.  I actually feel sorry for it.  So bitter, so hateful, so irrational.  Like a 2 year old throwing a tantrum.  You can't reason with it, you just hope it wanders away.

1 minute ago, Fargocase said:

Waste of time to reply to gibberish like this.  It hates Leipold.  Nothing can change that.  I actually feel sorry for it.  So bitter, so hateful, so irrational.  Like a 2 year old throwing a tantrum.  You can't reason with it, you just hope it wanders away.

Are you talking about me?

1 minute ago, sweetshot said:

Are you talking about me?

I'm not a hater, never have been. I think Leipold is a bit goofy maybe, but nothing worse than that. I just have a different opinion than you do on why he owns the Wild. Doesn't make him an %%%hole.

Kinda makes you one though.

1 hour ago, Fargocase said:

content removed

Dude, chill a bit. No need for the personal attacks. The mods aren't too fond of such things. In fact, they've stepped in once already when things got a bit heated. 😉

Attack the arguments, and if they don't believe what you have to say, just let it go. Cliche, I know, but it's better for the blood pressure. 😁

8 hours ago, sweetshot said:

His true interest was to buy a basketball team. Years ago owners of professional sports teams used to do it for bragging rights but now it's usually a group of investors.

Leipold is the majority owner and principal investor in MSE.

11 hours ago, Lonkkis said:

Dude, chill a bit. No need for the personal attacks. The mods aren't too fond of such things. In fact, they've stepped in once already when things got a bit heated. 😉

Attack the arguments, and if they don't believe what you have to say, just let it go. Cliche, I know, but it's better for the blood pressure. 😁

You're correct.  Thanks.

10 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

His true interest was to buy a basketball team. Years ago owners of professional sports teams used to do it for bragging rights but now it's usually a group of investors.

Yes--I heard that there were more opportunities for an NHL franchise at that time, that's why he picked hockey.

I saw an old article in the Strib from 2016 stating that Leipold had just bought 27% more ownership in the Wild from one of his partners--giving him 95% ownership.

In the same article Leipold stated that" he wasn't sure when he purchased the Wild if it was a long term investment for him and his family".

He said that he now believes--because of "economics of our business in this market and the economics of the NHL"--owning the Wild is a "sustainable" business and that the team is now a "great generational business for our family".

Also from this article was a quote from Leipold regarding the partner he bought the 27% from: "he continued to have a higher interest level in being involved in the hockey side like drafts and trades, but I wasn't willing to give that up". "That's not my style with Chuck, so I certainly wouldn't let a minority owner have that kind of input to Chuck".

Looks like that means at least up until 2016(when this article was written) he pretty much gave Chuck free reign to do whatever Chuck thought was needed.

Archived