Wild vs. Golden Knights 10/6/18 @ 6:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

Wild vs. Golden Knights Game Preview

Minnesota Wild (0-1-0)  0pts  7th in the Central

1.0 Goals For Per Game (31st in the NHL)

4.0 Goals Against Per Game (26th in the NHL)

0% Power Play (30th in the NHL)

66% Penalty Kill (16th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #11 Zach Parise ~ 1G 0A = 1pt

2. #9 Mikko Koivu ~ 0G 1A = 1pt

3. #22 Nino Niederreiter ~ 0G 1A = 1pt

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #24 Matthew Dumba ~ 2 PIM’s

2. #12 Eric Staal ~ 2 PIM’s

3. #20 Ryan Suter ~ 2 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #40 Devan Dubnyk (0-1)  2.03GAA  .947%SP

2. #32 Alex Stalock N/A

Vs.

Vegas Golden Knights (0-1-0)  0pts  8th in the Pacific

2.0 Goals For Per Game (29th in the NHL)

5.0 Goals Against Per Game (30th in the NHL)

0% Power Play (31st in the NHL)

75% Penalty Kill (13th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #81 Jonathan Marchessault ~ 1G 0A = 1pt

2. #41 Pierre-Edouard Bellemare ~ 1G 0A = 1pt

3. #15 Jon Merrill ~ 0G 1A = 1pt

4. #29 Marc-Andre Fleury ~ 0G 1A = 1pt

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #67 Max Pacioretty ~ 4 PIM’s

2. #56 Erik Haula ~ 4 PIM’s

3. #71 William Karlsson ~ 2 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #29 Marc-Andre Fleury (0-1)  10.00GAA  .688%SP

2. #30 Malcolm Subban (0-0)  0.00GAA  1.00%SP

I wrote up the game preview today.  I am not sure if we'll write up a post-gamer.  No matter if the Wild win or lose they need a much better effort than they gave on Thursday.  A lot of players and coaches were saying all of the right things as they usually do after a rancid loss, but we have to see that talk translated into action or I think we do...have some serious concerns for the rest of the season if they look as slow and tired as they did against the Avs.  Enjoy the preview!  

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Historically the Wild is a much, much different team at home.  Hope to see that tonight!   I attribute that a lot to having the last change, which allows BB to hide some of the Wild's glaring speed and defensive deficiencies.  I love Big E. Staal, but when it comes to playing defense, he's an old school scorer, who's constantly staying way high and looking to break out early instead of dropping down low defensively.

14 minutes ago, Fargocase said:

Historically the Wild is a much, much different team at home.  Hope to see that tonight!   I attribute that a lot to having the last change, which allows BB to hide some of the Wild's glaring speed and defensive deficiencies.  I love Big E. Staal, but when it comes to playing defense, he's an old school scorer, who's constantly staying way high and looking to break out early instead of dropping down low defensively.

We'll see.  There wasn't much good to talk about last game.  Sounds like they're sticking with the same lineup as Thursday.  

5 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

I shall be at the game tonight, so I can witness firsthand either a remarkable comeback or a self-induced implosion...wish me luck!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Anyone else think FSN's Katie Emmer is gorgeous and a very effective, articulate talker?   I see her jumping to NHL Network sooner rather than later!

7 minutes ago, Fargocase said:
6 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

I shall be at the game tonight, so I can witness firsthand either a remarkable comeback or a self-induced implosion...wish me luck! 

GOOD LUCK!!!

Anyone else think FSN's Katie Emmer is gorgeous and a very effective, articulate talker?   I see her jumping to NHL Network sooner rather than later!

^^ 2X

Looking forward to a bunch of pucks on net tonight. If the Wild can throw 35-40 shots on goal, I'm good with a hotly contested loss. But 13 shots in 2 periods, or 21 for an entire game, not so much..

GO WILD!!

even if we can get 35-40 shots on net they need to be high quality, we get way too many shots blocked and or the shots are so low quality that it wouldn't matter if we had a 100 as they'll give us those shots all day.

Archived