Wild vs. Golden Knights 10/6/18 @ 6:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

Why 9 is out there during overtime or a shootout is beyond me 

He has his moments in SO, but 9 and 20 (a.k.a. Slow and Slower) have no business on the ice in OT. What a waste of a fine performance by Doobs.

5 minutes ago, McMahon 6 said:

He has his moments in SO, but 9 and 20 (a.k.a. Slow and Slower) have no business on the ice in OT. What a waste of a fine performance by Doobs.

Those moments seem to be in the past though. 

Disturbing Trends Continue in Minnesota's 2-1 Shootout Loss to Vegas

Slow, old...tired in game 2 of the season.  Ouch.  2 goals in 2 games.  Beyond the play of Dubnyk, there really are no bright spots worth talking about.  Dumba threw a few open ice hits, but Pateryn doesn't seem big and tough to me.  Foligno is a punching bag.  Nino is totally lost on Parise / Koivu line.  The Wild still have no idea how to play in overtime.  If we look like crap Thursday against Chicago, its going to be full blown panic mode from this fan base.  I have a full post-gamer plus some prospect news.  Enjoy.  

9 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Slow, old...tired in game 2 of the season.  Ouch.  2 goals in 2 games.  Beyond the play of Dubnyk, there really are no bright spots worth talking about.  Dumba threw a few open ice hits, but Pateryn doesn't seem big and tough to me.  Foligno is a punching bag.  Nino is totally lost on Parise / Koivu line.  The Wild still have no idea how to play in overtime.  If we look like crap Thursday against Chicago, its going to be full blown panic mode from this fan base.  I have a full post-gamer plus some prospect news.  Enjoy.  

For a team that really wasn't changed from last season, you'd think they'd be more cohesive. I saw way too many passes to "Bob", or if the pass was in the vicinity of a Wild player, the puck usually ended up in the guys skates. The whole night they just seemed disorganized, like no one knew what to do when they had the puck.

I'm not going to panic yet, even if they lose to Chicago. It's a long season. If they're still playing like this around Thanksgiving, then maybe it's time to start eyeballing that "Panic" button...

Certainly a disappointing start to say the least.   Agree with I Z that it's early.  If Fenton over the summer was dealing from a position of other GM"s trying to take advantage of the new guy,  he now has the 30 other GM's all wondering if the new guy is prone to panic.  

10 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

I wonder if Leipold still thinks the team only needs “tweaks”

I'm convinced.  Hit the panic button.  Optimism gone.  This roster is dysfunctional.  BB has no answer.  Tear it down.

10 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

To me Foligno is an afterthought, but when he challenged Reaves after the two dirty hits on EEk and Pateryn he earned a roster spot on my team.  I think he could do a lot more if given more of an opportunity.

Pateryn was/is grossly over-rated by some people.  He's a run of the mill journeyman 3rd pair guy.  He's not going to help you win, you just hope he doesn't cause you to lose.

Nino is totally lost on Parise / Koivu line

Big time agree on this.  I thought it last game, too.  BS that BB that kept the exact same failing lines together again.   So we're going to stay the course, continue the insanity next game?  If BB throws out the same lines and line-up, unless you secretly want to lose, fire him right now.  

I'll add this - get EEk back to Center and decide whether he's even going to be a decent NHL player or just a bottom line warm body.   He's been useless last two games on the wing.  Put him in the 4th Line Center slot and leave him there until you can get rid of him.

Playing on a line with Greenway and EEK, Coyle is guaranteed to post very poor offensive numbers.  Forget my Poillyanna offensive numbers, that was ASSuming he'd get decent ice time with decent linemates.  Greenway belongs on the wing to learn the game.  Wandering around at Center chasing the play 90% of the time will hurt his development and the team IMO.

The mystery is still elusive. Who, or rather what NHL coaches would continually put the same failing cast of players out there in overtime for three consecutive years? Are there any? The results are the same whether with Yeo or Boudreau.

What up kids, who is this on?

Some 'fragile fans' whine and complain about fans continually complaining about obvious team problems from the past but it's continued in current play with no end in sight. Seriously, how or why does this keep going on?

2 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

The mystery is still elusive. Who, or rather what NHL coaches would continually put the same failing cast of players out there in overtime for three consecutive years? Are there any? The results are the same whether with Yeo or Boudreau.

What up kids, who is this on?

Some 'fragile fans' whine and complain about fans continually complaining about obvious team problems from the past but it's continued in current play with no end in sight. Seriously, how or why does this keep going on?

Because last nights attendance was 19,077. That's why it keeps going on...

I agree, it is a very disappointing Wild’s team start of the season. Two first teams already badly outshot us and won( we have got more than 80 shots towards our net) and we put only 2 goals towards opposing net in 2 games. Not acceptable at all that weak in goals play as well as start. Capitals already have put 13 goals in 2 games despite of 1 loss in OT.

At least Iowa Wild team won for the first time since 2013 existence their game opener season with a score 4:1. Nice start. Hope, they will make playoffs this season.

I have to preface this take with the fact that I have not been able to watch ll of the games. But from what I saw there are bright spots and issues.

Bright.  Charlie Coyle looks much better than last year. Mig, Staal, Zucker look good. Parise is back. pateryn and seeler look ok, not great/not bad, but that's what your 3rd pairing should be.

Issues. Suter is not back yet. Neno passes too much and still plays like a girl. 

I didn't see the 3 on 3 ot, but if suter and mikko saw extra ice time that is an issue.

We just have to remember last year and the begining of the season the capitals looked awful.

Archived