Wild vs. Golden Knights 10/6/18 @ 6:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

16 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

His true interest was to buy a basketball team. Years ago owners of professional sports teams used to do it for bragging rights but now it's usually a group of investors.

This^^^ He wanted to be part of a club. Specifically NBA club. His wifes money couldn't afford that. Still desperate to be part of some club he found out he could get a NHL club with his allowance from his wife. He just wanted to be in the "boys" club of owning a sports team.

He just happen to luck out on getting the Wild and the fanbase not demanding a championship team. Sellout after sellout. A nice full warming house. Dump truck loads of merchandise. Doesn't even matter if the team is doing good or bad. The money is coming in.
Any team with their lick is going to have to spend damn near up to max cap. Any team not doing that knows that fans will not be stupid enough to say they have a shot.

And any owner worth his/her lick that wants to win wouldn't let a GM that is clearly doing a bad job repeatedly do it over and over and over and over.....  Don't get me wrong, Fletcher was doing a great job throwing the hook and bobber out there and fishing in people by throwing one of us players out there or getting old players who have been washed up for years but have names. Throwing away draft picks for rental players that are on most teams AHL teams. Giving crazy contracts to players that have never been worth that cash (aka Koivu, Heatley, etc). I feel for his health. That sucks big time. But all of this is once again excuses. The money is coming in without having to work very hard. He got lazy and content. And Craig showed he has no idea about hockey saying this team is a minor tweak or two away. Getting beat in the first round of hockey as poorly as the Wild have for years is not a tweak or two away. The team has shown there is no extra gears. There is maybe one player who can step up. The rest of the players clearly have gotten their bonuses and are busy looking up vacation spots on the bench instead of paying attention and playing the game. No minor tweak or two will overcome that bs.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, EJ0226 said:

This^^^ He wanted to be part of a club. Specifically NBA club. His wifes money couldn't afford that. Still desperate to be part of some club he found out he could get a NHL club with his allowance from his wife. He just wanted to be in the "boys" club of owning a sports team.

He just happen to luck out on getting the Wild and the fanbase not demanding a championship team. Sellout after sellout. A nice full warming house. Dump truck loads of merchandise. Doesn't even matter if the team is doing good or bad. The money is coming in.
Any team with their lick is going to have to spend damn near up to max cap. Any team not doing that knows that fans will not be stupid enough to say they have a shot.

And any owner worth his/her lick that wants to win wouldn't let a GM that is clearly doing a bad job repeatedly do it over and over and over and over.....  Don't get me wrong, Fletcher was doing a great job throwing the hook and bobber out there and fishing in people by throwing one of us players out there or getting old players who have been washed up for years but have names. Throwing away draft picks for rental players that are on most teams AHL teams. Giving crazy contracts to players that have never been worth that cash (aka Koivu, Heatley, etc). I feel for his health. That sucks big time. But all of this is once again excuses. The money is coming in without having to work very hard. He got lazy and content. And Craig showed he has no idea about hockey saying this team is a minor tweak or two away. Getting beat in the first round of hockey as poorly as the Wild have for years is not a tweak or two away. The team has shown there is no extra gears. There is maybe one player who can step up. The rest of the players clearly have gotten their bonuses and are busy looking up vacation spots on the bench instead of paying attention and playing the game. No minor tweak or two will overcome that bs.

Whoa! Pump the brakes! We are only 2 games into the season. 

Kind of funny how a lot of you peeps think this franchise is total garbage, from the owner down to the office intern, yet you still believe they can win. THEY WILL NOT COMPETE FOR THE CUP. Not this year or for several years from now. We all know this and its for a variety of reasons, so why not get off the conspiracies and enjoy what we know they are. A pretty good regular season team, led by the ol' vets, who lack the talented youth needed to compete in the playoffs. It's really that simple. 

3 hours ago, puck_hawg said:

Kind of funny how a lot of you peeps think this franchise is total garbage, from the owner down to the office intern, yet you still believe they can win. THEY WILL NOT COMPETE FOR THE CUP. Not this year or for several years from now. We all know this and its for a variety of reasons, so why not get off the conspiracies and enjoy what we know they are. A pretty good regular season team, led by the ol' vets, who lack the talented youth needed to compete in the playoffs. It's really that simple. 

Who said that?

11 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

Who said that?

Well to be fair, many here say....

The owner sucks

The GM sucks

The training staff sucks 

The scouts/drafting sucks

The goalie coach sucks 

The AHL development sucks

60-90% of the roster sucks(depending on the poster)

The fans who attend games and buy merchandise suck

So what is it some if you do like about the team? 

2 hours ago, TheBoogieMan said:

The owner sucks

The GM sucks

The training staff sucks 

The goalie coach sucks 

Owner is fine, Bob Mason is very good, training staff effort is endless,  GM needs at least three years to fairly determine his decisions.  Roster is good (but lack of finishers and age of group is a concern).    

3 hours ago, TheBoogieMan said:

The owner sucks

The GM sucks

The training staff sucks 

The goalie coach sucks 

The hockey games...🤔

20 hours ago, puck_hawg said:

In reality most of the stuff you listed isn't that good. How has our draft been? How do you rate a owner that says a new GM can only make one or two very minor tweaks when we all can see this team is beyond a minor tweak or two? How well have our young draft picks developed?

Is the franchise trash? No but is it sitting in a good spot? No. We might be in the worst spot a team can be. Good enough to make the top 16 but nowhere good enough to beat the top 15 teams. And it's been this way for years now. And it will continue that for years to come.

The thing that grinds my gears is that a team of rejects were able to carry the franchise the furthest it has ever been in the playoffs well the most "talented" team the franchise has ever had has to give it all plus some to just get two wins in the first round before getting wiped out. And they are not even remotely completive. If we were getting killed but everybody was giving their 100% instead of a handful of guys I could swallow it better. I would love nothing more to be wrong. I would take one cup win over 4 Vikings Super Bowl wins and I love football. I just don't see this happening with these guys when the owner can't even see the glaring issues and thinks a tweak or two is all that is needed.

11 hours ago, TheBoogieMan said:

1.The owner sucks

2.The GM sucks

3.The training staff sucks 

4.The scouts/drafting sucks

5.The goalie coach sucks 

6.The AHL development sucks

7.60-90% of the roster sucks(depending on the poster)

8.The fans who attend games and buy merchandise suck

There's some new ones I've never seen and there's some you've missed. (I numbered them to simplify this.)

1. True - People have said that. (I haven't. But I have said he's only in it for the money AND questioned his relationship with certain players and the assumed preferential treatment... AND railed on him for not reacting to Yeo & Fletcher's stupid mistakes. ie: Giving Heatley and Vanek so many top-line minutes while being nothing more than deadbeats... Slugs.)

2. True - Many have said Fletcher sucked. Not many have said Fenton sucks but several have said he's Fletcher 2.0. (No doubt I've said Fletcher sucked and I was right I might add. Essentially I've said the juries still out on Fenton - though I do get grouped into the hate rants because they don't know any better; culminating a guilty by association type exaggeration.)

3. Not entirely true. I've never seen anyone say the training staff sucks. (However 10 years ago I questioned their ability to condition the team. Guess I was right then too because the team replaced their conditioning coach.)

4. True. Who hasn't said the scouting staff sucks? And people have pointed out their draft choices are lacking. Experts agree. (I too agree.)

5. False. I've not seen people rail on Mason. This looks like an add-on to boost your list. (I've never railed on Mason.)

6. 50/50. Some people have questioned the teams ability to develop players by sending them up too soon or giving players like Granlund a free pass. (I've ranted about Granlund getting a free pass, especially giving him top line, PP or PK minutes when he clearly wasn't ready but haven't complained about him for a couple years now. Otherwise I'm not all that engaged with the AHL'ers and generally don't comment much about them. This is another guilty by association exaggeration.) 

7. False. I don't know one person who's claimed 60-90% of the roster sucks so this is a flat out lie. 

8. False. Again, I haven't seen one person ever say fans who attend games or buy merchandise suck. This is another lie.

You missed some:

9. The goal song sucks. (I've never commented on it. Though people who have - you fawn all over them.)

10. Anthony LaPanta and Mike Greenlay suck. (Considering no one has ever said they liked them - then it must be true.)

11. Kevin Gorg sucks. (People you fawn over have said it. I never have because I like the guy.)

12. Their PP sucks. (This speaks for itself over the years. I've agreed.)

13. Their 3 on 3 OT pairings suck. (You must have skipped this because people you fawn over have pointed it out. At times I've agreed.)

14. Parise and Suter hiring Adam Oates was over the line. (It was wrong and I said as much.)

How picky do you want to get? How far back? If history repeats itself year in and year out are those issues off limits?

13 hours ago, 4Check said:

Owner is fine, Bob Mason is very good, training staff effort is endless,  GM needs at least three years to fairly determine his decisions.  Roster is good (but lack of finishers and age of group is a concern).    

And this illustrates the difference between the hater whiners and regular fans.  Obviously the team has issues but the constant, repetitious bitching about everything gets really old.  And when you start whining about the club signing Havlat, you really are a useless Hater wasting bandwidth and adding nothing to the conversation.

12 hours ago, Icechipper said:

The hockey games...🤔

Very entertaining game tonight, for me at least.  Of course the Haters are disappointed the team didn't lose and will complain they didn't win in regulation, blah, blah, blah...

10 hours ago, EJ0226 said:

In reality most of the stuff you listed isn't that good. How has our draft been? How do you rate a owner that says a new GM can only make one or two very minor tweaks when we all can see this team is beyond a minor tweak or two? How well have our young draft picks developed?

Is the franchise trash? No but is it sitting in a good spot? No. We might be in the worst spot a team can be. Good enough to make the top 16 but nowhere good enough to beat the top 15 teams. And it's been this way for years now. And it will continue that for years to come.

The thing that grinds my gears is that a team of rejects were able to carry the franchise the furthest it has ever been in the playoffs well the most "talented" team the franchise has ever had has to give it all plus some to just get two wins in the first round before getting wiped out. And they are not even remotely completive. If we were getting killed but everybody was giving their 100% instead of a handful of guys I could swallow it better. I would love nothing more to be wrong. I would take one cup win over 4 Vikings Super Bowl wins and I love football. I just don't see this happening with these guys when the owner can't even see the glaring issues and thinks a tweak or two is all that is needed.

Like I said "no Stanley cup this year" you and I know this, so what do you want? Can't fix all these issues you mention in one week, or even one year. 

5 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

There's some new ones I've never seen and there's some you've missed. (I numbered them to simplify this.)

1. True - People have said that. (I haven't. But I have said he's only in it for the money AND questioned his relationship with certain players and the assumed preferential treatment... AND railed on him for not reacting to Yeo & Fletcher's stupid mistakes. ie: Giving Heatley and Vanek so many top-line minutes while being nothing more than deadbeats... Slugs.)

2. True - Many have said Fletcher sucked. Not many have said Fenton sucks but several have said he's Fletcher 2.0. (No doubt I've said Fletcher sucked and I was right I might add. Essentially I've said the juries still out on Fenton - though I do get grouped into the hate rants because they don't know any better; culminating a guilty by association type exaggeration.)

3. Not entirely true. I've never seen anyone say the training staff sucks. (However 10 years ago I questioned their ability to condition the team. Guess I was right then too because the team replaced their conditioning coach.)

4. True. Who hasn't said the scouting staff sucks? And people have pointed out their draft choices are lacking. Experts agree. (I too agree.)

5. False. I've not seen people rail on Mason. This looks like an add-on to boost your list. (I've never railed on Mason.)

6. 50/50. Some people have questioned the teams ability to develop players by sending them up too soon or giving players like Granlund a free pass. (I've ranted about Granlund getting a free pass, especially giving him top line, PP or PK minutes when he clearly wasn't ready but haven't complained about him for a couple years now. Otherwise I'm not all that engaged with the AHL'ers and generally don't comment much about them. This is another guilty by association exaggeration.) 

7. False. I don't know one person who's claimed 60-90% of the roster sucks so this is a flat out lie. 

8. False. Again, I haven't seen one person ever say fans who attend games or buy merchandise suck. This is another lie.

You missed some:

9. The goal song sucks. (I've never commented on it. Though people who have - you fawn all over them.)

10. Anthony LaPanta and Mike Greenlay suck. (Considering no one has ever said they liked them - then it must be true.)

11. Kevin Gorg sucks. (People you fawn over have said it. I never have because I like the guy.)

12. Their PP sucks. (This speaks for itself over the years. I've agreed.)

13. Their 3 on 3 OT pairings suck. (You must have skipped this because people you fawn over have pointed it out. At times I've agreed.)

14. Parise and Suter hiring Adam Oates was over the line. (It was wrong and I said as much.)

How picky do you want to get? How far back? If history repeats itself year in and year out are those issues off limits?

Not every post is about you bro! Some? Yes, but not all. As for being a self proclaimed "I'm right" award winner, you really know how to pick the obvious and rant endlessly about it. 

I was the first to say you're a douche several years ago: and I was right! Yeah! 

4 hours ago, puck_hawg said:

Not every post is about you bro! Some? Yes, but not all. As for being a self proclaimed "I'm right" award winner, you really know how to pick the obvious and rant endlessly about it. 

I was the first to say you're a douche several years ago: and I was right! Yeah! 

You don't want to dismiss his exaggerated claims? So noted.

Dozens, upon dozens have proclaimed they're right about specific Wild issues. This isn't anything new.

And um, no... You weren't the first to start name-calling. Not even close. Unless you participated in the Trash Talk thread on the old Wild message board there's about 10 users well ahead of you.

6 hours ago, Fargocase said:

And this illustrates the difference between the hater whiners and regular fans.  Obviously the team has issues but the constant, repetitious bitching about everything gets really old.  And when you start whining about the club signing Havlat, you really are a useless Hater wasting bandwidth and adding nothing to the conversation.

6 hours ago, Fargocase said:

Very entertaining game tonight, for me at least.  Of course the Haters are disappointed the team didn't lose and will complain they didn't win in regulation, blah, blah, blah...

Speaking of repetitious. ((((yawn))))

4 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

You don't want to dismiss his exaggerated claims? So noted.

Dozens, upon dozens have proclaimed they're right about specific Wild issues. This isn't anything new.

And um, no... You weren't the first to start name-calling. Not even close. Unless you participated in the Trash Talk thread on the old Wild message board there's about 10 users well ahead of you.

NOPE! I'M RIGHT! 

Archived