Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
Fargocase

Your Wild lines?

Two months later...

Couple consistencies and interesting line combo's(LW-C-RW):

The Wild's so called 1st Line has been kept together a lot:

Zucker-Big E. Staal-MiG.   They did really well early in the year.  MiG has been getting on the scoresheet consistently but at other times has disappeared.   I think most would say Zooker has had kind of a disappointing year.

A lot of the year you had a Parise-Mikko pair.   Nino played himself off the line and numerous other guys were tried there.  But when Giordano took out Mikko and Coyle was given the #2 Center gig he really blossomed.   First it was Parise-Coyle-Nino and people like Russo raved about how great the line was.  Later that turned into the current iteration of Parise-Coyle-Kunin and again the line has shined.

To me pretty clear that Parise is getting back to his old self and has great chemistry with Coyle.  Absolutely leave those two together.  AND LEAVE COYLE AT CENTER!!!  Quit jerking him around and let him play with decent line mates or you're wasting him.

EEk contributed next to nothing.  His demotion was overdue and it's an addition by subtraction.   He's a no hands grinder, a dime a dozen fringe league-Min player.  He's had more than enough TOI to show he's a bust.

Clearly BB likes Greenway.  He's gotton a lot of prime ice time with top line guys.  He'll be a solid NHL player, just going to get better.

The 4th Line is as expected.  Fehr doing well but not really an impact player.   Foligno is a very expensive 4th Liner, but that's the price for an UFA like him.  Hendricks and Ted Brown's kid are non-factor warm bodies.

So current Wild lines to start 2019:

Parise-Coyle-Kunin

Zooker-Big E.-MiG

Greenway-Mikko-Nino

Foligno-Fehr-Henricks/JT Brown.

Later in the Ott game, BB did flip-flop Zooker and Greenway.

• Like 1

I don't care about the other lines other than put Nino-Zucker-Koivu together.

Let them figure it out and not screw up the rest of the lines. (Koivu gets to baby sit them for a while)

Simple plan, Zucker streaks in and while the other 2 catch up, He shoots wide and Koivu shoots from the wall off Nino's Butt for the goal. :P

• Good Post 1

Problem is Nino's butt.  Nino and his butt have been in the wrong place all year!

• Haha 1

With Nino playing like he is, I'm not sure he even deserves 3rd line minutes.

Maybe rolling him down to the 4th line with no pp time will wke him up.

I think he has gotten too comfortable avoiding contact. There has been no retribution for his avoiding contact. Still gets his ice time.

IMO there is no one to replace Nino if you give him time off.  Neither Ted Brown's kid or Hendricks are NHL quality players.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Fargocase said:

IMO there is no one to replace Nino if you give him time off.  Neither Ted Brown's kid or Hendricks are NHL quality players.

As bad eek was playing, I would still rather see him on the ice for at least a couple games to wake nino up.

Edited by Tomdog

20 hours ago, Tomdog said:

As bad eek was playing, I would still rather see him on the ice for at least a couple games to wake nino up.

I've been agreeing with you on a lot of your posts lately.  I was even going to inquire if you had any minion positions available, but no way I'd sit Nino for EEk!

@Fargocase I've been meaning to ask about T J Brown lately...Clue me in on why he's here? What's his role?

He doesn't hit much, An occasional shot and some after whistle face washing. Other than that you don't hear much about him in a game.

19 hours ago, Fargocase said:

I've been agreeing with you on a lot of your posts lately.  I was even going to inquire if you had any minion positions available, but no way I'd sit Nino for EEk!

I would only do it to send a message that he’ Not pulling his weight. 

3 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

@Fargocase I've been meaning to ask about T J Brown lately...Clue me in on why he's here? What's his role?

He doesn't hit much, An occasional shot and some after whistle face washing. Other than that you don't hear much about him in a game.

He's one of us, of course!  Ted Brown's kid!  Don't you remember Ted Brown, the Viking running back?  And he played for Dulute!  One of Us!

On 1/8/2019 at 2:07 PM, Fargocase said:

He's one of us, of course!  Ted Brown's kid!  Don't you remember Ted Brown, the Viking running back?  And he played for Dulute!  One of Us!

[Sheldon] Sarcasm ? [/Sheldon] ;)

I know who he is but just haven't got an idea of his play because he hasn't caught my eye when playing much.

Just wondering how other's felt about him.

Brown was a scoring stud at UMD and MVP when the Bulldogs won a national championship. He came to league as a free agent and is kind of billed as an energizer-bunny. Guess he's like shorter version of former Wild fourth-line speedster Stephane Vielluex 

• Like 1

Like many, many big scorers at inferior levels, Brown isn't good enough to score at the NHL level.   He's not afraid to play physically but he's way undersized so not an effective grinder.  I do think he was signed because he was cheap and, with no sarcasm intended, because of his local ties.  If he's still on the team next year it will be a bad thing because he obviously isn't an NHL quality player.  He can't contribute offensively and he's not good enough to even be a decent energy guy grinder.

IMO a total waste of a roster spot.  I don't care that he's one of us and a former Dulute Bulldog, I care about the Wild and he's NOT helping the team

On 1/8/2019 at 6:52 PM, ClusterChuck said:

You pretty much described Nino, too. At the moment they are both very replaceable.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

You pretty much described Nino, too. At the moment they are both very replaceable.

and eek and kunin and fehr and hendricks and koivu and foligino and prosser and brodin and coyle

am I missing anyone?

1 minute ago, WileyOz44 said:

and eek and kunin and fehr and hendricks and koivu and foligino and prosser and brodin and coyle

am I missing anyone?

Well... kind of hard to diss them all since we are winning more than losing. I would take Brodin, Coyle, Fehr and Koivu off that list. Plus Kunin's a puppy. But yeah, the rest of them don't seem to do jack squat.

Younger players aren't going to get better if they never play alongside better players.

Excellent Win against the Jets at home, 1/10/19

Zooker-Mikko-MiG.  Two goals by Zooker.  The Zooker deflection goal was a great pass by Mikko.   MiG played pretty good, should have buried the one shot off the post late.

Parise-Coyle-Kunin.  Another very good game by this line.  Only 1 A but watching the game Coyle was all over the ice. Parise had the fantastic long bomb lob to Zooker for his second goal.

Greenway-Big E. Staal-Nino.  Another goal by Greenway.   Big kid has a ton of potential.  Nino was lost as usual.  Choked a Grade A breakaway chance for the 100th time this season

Foligno-EEk-Hendricks.  Less than 10 minutes TOI Even Strength, which is a good thing.  Bummer Fehr is hurt, without him the Wild's 4th Line is a clear liability.  The best you can hope for is they don't get scored on.  As usual zero points for EEk.

Looking at D pairs - the Wild has one outstanding Pair with Suter and Spurgie, who both had a great game.   The other two pairs are weak and very weak.   Brodin-Pateryn should be a 3rd Pair.   Prosser and Seeler are flat out scary.  

Edited by Fargocase

I was pleasantly surprised at BB's mix of a line up for the LA game.

Showed some decent energy longer than I expected.

Since B was willing to move certain players (Nino) made me think of other possibilities to shake things up.

Why not a speed line? Or mix speed with similar age.

Kunin/Zucker- Granlund- (RW?)  Coyle is C/RW but is doing better at C currently.

This is where it all falls apart if you go by position availability. I can't find a way to mix lines according to age or size without playing guys in different spots.

Since for now we are an older team and slower than most, Why not try for line than can have a speed impact while the others embrace the slower style play. Having a speedy line could keep the other team on it's toes and have to deal with a style change every 3-4 shifts.