Your Wild lines?

Fargocase

4 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

All the more reason to add a ****** 3rd Center in a bad trade.  Then replace a RW with a head case, that has forced his way off more teams than our whole second like has even played for.  Still like the NN/Rask trade?  You hate the lines in their present form - as should we all.  I expect more from a professional sports team with the level of support the Wild enjoy.  These are embarrassingly bad lines that will NOT get us to the playoffs or beyond.  

Uhhh… WTF are you babbling about?  I still don't know about the Rask/Mikko trade but it'll be a long time before we know.  As of now I'm totally OK with it.

And I definitely DON'T hate any of the recent lines, other than breaking up Parise and Coyle.   But if Coyle ignites Big E. and Greenmway...

Problem is the 4th Line still needs an upgrade, especially with Fehr out.

And the 500lb gorilla in the room is that the Wild have zero depth on D.  

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Fargocase said:

I still don't know about the Rask/Mikko trade but it'll be a long time before we know.  

Love the typo. ;) 

Shows how important Fehr has been.

Foligno is holding the line together but not as effective as when joined by Fehr. Good combo.

On 1/20/2019 at 12:53 AM, Fargocase said:

Uhhh… WTF are you babbling about?  I still don't know about the Rask/Mikko trade but it'll be a long time before we know.  As of now I'm totally OK with it.

And I definitely DON'T hate any of the recent lines, other than breaking up Parise and Coyle.   But if Coyle ignites Big E. and Greenmway...

Problem is the 4th Line still needs an upgrade, especially with Fehr out.

And the 500lb gorilla in the room is that the Wild have zero depth on D.  

Sorry that you are on the short bus.  Here is what I am babbling about:  Bad trade of non ‘like assets.’  Rask sucks.  Did you see him skate?!?  Were you impressed?  You want another cancer on the team?  How about another bad contract less movable than NN?  Where are we going to replace NNs goals?  Åberg?  Rask?  Show me 20+  or more than one year of 20 (like NN)?  Are you just slow on the uptake (like you were on the other board)?  Didn’t you lament Coyle moved back from C to W?  

21 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

Sorry that you are on the short bus.  Here is what I am babbling about:  Bad trade of non ‘like assets.’  Rask sucks.  Did you see him skate?!?  Were you impressed?  You want another cancer on the team?  How about another bad contract less movable than NN?  Where are we going to replace NNs goals?  Åberg?  Rask?  Show me 20+  or more than one year of 20 (like NN)?  Are you just slow on the uptake (like you were on the other board)?  Didn’t you lament Coyle moved back from C to W? 

Sincerely.... I hope you find another team to follow that can give you more enjoyment.  Hockey is too great a game to let any single team cause you this much anger and frustration.   And I do say that sincerely.  Because if I would have invested as much time and money as you did as a STH, I probably would be dealing with some of the same issues.  One thing for sure, is I don't know much.  But I do know trading an overpaid under perforning Nino, for whatever/whoever/however, IMO, is not worth all the pain and angst.

That’s fair.  I also don’t live my life through this team (my boys play/played MN-HS hockey). I just find it hilarious that they try to put lipstick on this pig for the fan-sheep.  Moreover, it stretches credulity that anyone finds their past actions and track record defensible. I know Fenton is new, and should be given time to implement his plan (with restricted assets and an imbecile for an owner). Yet, I have a business partner in NC and have attended several Canes games.  Rask is universally loathed there, yet we traded a decent asset for him and his 3.5 X $4MM contract. I remain perplexed, and our advanced scouting has been proven to suck for years (as have many of these late-year trades - Moulson, Hanzal, etal)   

3 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

That’s fair.  I also don’t live my life through this team (my boys play/played MN-HS hockey). I just find it hilarious that they try to put lipstick on this pig for the fan-sheep.  Moreover, it stretches credulity that anyone finds their past actions and track record defensible. I know Fenton is new, and should be given time to implement his plan (with restricted assets and an imbecile for an owner). Yet, I have a business partner in NC and have attended several Canes games.  Rask is universally loathed there, yet we traded a decent asset for him and his 3.5 X $4MM contract. I remain perplexed, and our advanced scouting has been proven to suck for years (as have many of these late-year trades - Moulson, Hanzal, etal)   

And your points are equally fair.   Here's my wild assumption.    Fenton will likely move Staal and/or Koivu, if not at the deadline, then in the off season.   If that's the case, he needs  warm bodies (semi?) in the short term.   IF Fenton, is going to be successful, IMO he MUST  find a long term solution to three critical positions.....first line C, a sniper and an up and coming #1 goalie.(I believe Dumba can fill the top D role down the road)    That, IMO will likely be a long drawn out process.  ESPECIALLY with the Suter/Parise contracts going from neutral at best to obviously very negative as they further decline.

7 hours ago, 4Check said:

And your points are equally fair.   Here's my wild assumption.    Fenton will likely move Staal and/or Koivu, if not at the deadline, then in the off season.   If that's the case, he needs  warm bodies (semi?) in the short term.   IF Fenton, is going to be successful, IMO he MUST  find a long term solution to three critical positions.....first line C, a sniper and an up and coming #1 goalie.(I believe Dumba can fill the top D role down the road)    That, IMO will likely be a long drawn out process.  ESPECIALLY with the Suter/Parise contracts going from neutral at best to obviously very negative as they further decline.

If the Wild are in the WC spot at the deadline, Staal isn’t going to be moved. I’d almost bet if they are even close to the WC spot he won’t be moved. The owner is still in “win now” mode, so it’s The Playoffs or bust.

Koivu is going nowhere. He has a No Movement Clause. Fenton would have to ask him to waive it. Koivu has it cushy here, so why would he waive it? The Wild are stuck with him until after next season. At which point I expect he will retire with much fanfare from the Wild marketing department.

As far as getting a #1C and a sniper? Usually they are drafted, because they are such rare commodities. But you don’t get those things drafting in the 15-20 slots like the Wild usually do. And if a team has those types of players they lock them up for a long time. Don’t usually find them as UFAs, and if you do, you have to overpay for them. I think Kunin was drafted to be a future 1C, and that Russian kid in Iowa is supposed to be a sniper. But only time will tell...

5 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

If the Wild are in the WC spot at the deadline, Staal isn’t going to be moved. I’d almost bet if they are even close to the WC spot he won’t be moved. The owner is still in “win now” mode, so it’s The Playoffs or bust.

Koivu is going nowhere. He has a No Movement Clause. Fenton would have to ask him to waive it. Koivu has it cushy here, so why would he waive it? The Wild are stuck with him until after next season. At which point I expect he will retire with much fanfare from the Wild marketing department.

As far as getting a #1C and a sniper? Usually they are drafted, because they are such rare commodities. But you don’t get those things drafting in the 15-20 slots like the Wild usually do. And if a team has those types of players they lock them up for a long time. Don’t usually find them as UFAs, and if you do, you have to overpay for them. I think Kunin was drafted to be a future 1C, and that Russian kid in Iowa is supposed to be a sniper. But only time will tell...

I would think that it's not outside the realm of possibility, that at 35, Koivu would like at least one shot at the Cup.  IMO, he's smart enough to realize that is highly unlikely to happen in Minnesota.   I agree with your premise that Staal is unlikely to be moved.  But remember, Fenton has a five year deal.   My guess is, his priority is not putting his chips on this team as it is currently constructed.  And my further guess is, that Staal does not show up on Fenton's vision of his 2020 through 2023 roster.

• 2 weeks later...

If the kids stay down on the farm will we see this?

Zucker Koivu Granlund

Greenway Staal Coyle

Parise Rask Aberg

Foligno Fehr JT Brown

Suter Brodin

Hunt Spurgeon

Seeler Pateryn

Dubnyk

Stalock

Scratch Hendricks (c/w) Prosser and Bittetto

@Icechipper Looks possible to me. My question is about Parise, He 'claimed' after the 1st few games that he enjoyed the potential his line had. Does he feel that way now and how much longer before he wants to be mixed in with the other top guys?

It has been mentioned that Parise has been staying out on his shift longer to get in some time with different lines.🤔

On 1/21/2019 at 9:26 AM, 4Check said:

I would think that it's not outside the realm of possibility, that at 35, Koivu would like at least one shot at the Cup.  IMO, he's smart enough to realize that is highly unlikely to happen in Minnesota.   I agree with your premise that Staal is unlikely to be moved.  But remember, Fenton has a five year deal.   My guess is, his priority is not putting his chips on this team as it is currently constructed.  And my further guess is, that Staal does not show up on Fenton's vision of his 2020 through 2023 roster.

Might be crazy, but I don't see Koivu retire after his contract expires.

Here's a scenario. We let Koivu go as a UFA, he signs a 1-year deal to a contender who want to add depth to its roster, then he signs a 1-day deal with the Wild so he can retire as a Wild, and finally the organisation retire the #9 and hang it to the rafters. Wouldn't be nice ?

:lol:

4 minutes ago, Villette/Lavaux said:

Might be crazy, but I don't see Koivu retire after his contract expires.

Here's a scenario. We let Koivu go as a UFA, he signs a 1-year deal to a contender who want to add depth to its roster, then he signs a 1-day deal with the Wild so he can retire as a Wild, and finally the organisation retire the #9 and hang it to the rafters. Wouldn't be nice ?

:lol:

Just stirring the pot, Eh? 😁

We need to find that GM, if one exists, that would sigh Koivu as a means for "depth".

Besides Fletcher... 😛

Prosser and JT Brown placed on waivers today. New line chart

11 parise 9 Koivu 3 Coyle

16 zucker 12 staal 64 granlund 

18 Greenway 49 rask 

17 foligno  21 fehr 15 hendricks

20 suter 25 brodin

77 hunt 46 Spurgeon

36 seeler 2 Bittetto

29 patty

26 aberg IR

On 1/21/2019 at 7:26 AM, 4Check said:

Quite frankly I don’t think mikko really gives a rat about a stanley cup. 

Man...I know both JT and Nate were way down on the Wild's depth chart, but if the team wanted guys with grit and "jam", those two fit the bill pretty well if given more ice time.

I mean, can't hurt...not with the way the team is just struggling with consistency all around.

You're not gonna get anywhere near offense from JT, but he'll certainly bang bodies around, and you're not gonna get elite coverage from Nate, but he will do the same on defense, and not tolerate any nonsense around his goalie...and BOTH JT and Nate are pretty good agitators too.... a lost, but important facet of a pain-in-the-arse team to play against.

I wonder if in JT's case, there was some sort of attitude issue....or not getting along with certain teammates.
I mean, he was pretty much donated by the Lightning to the Ducks (understandable because the Bolts are hella deep), but the Ducks LIKE roughneck agitators and they NEED bodies...they didn't hang on to JT....now Minnesota doesn't see fit to keep him.

Oh well....on we roll...

On 1/21/2019 at 8:26 AM, 4Check said:

Which coincides with the bulk of what Parise and Suter's contracts cover.

Archived