Home Opener Tomorrow!

sekkes85

Super excited and should have a beautiful (well hot) Fall day.  Are any of you going down?  I've gone to each opener the last 12 years or so at this point.  Still looking at tickets and will most likely do a last minute/hour purchase tomorrow after the prices drop.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sekkes85 said:

Super excited and should have a beautiful (well hot) Fall day.  Are any of you going down?  I've gone to each opener the last 12 years or so at this point.  Still looking at tickets and will most likely do a last minute/hour purchase tomorrow after the prices drop.

Yes looking forward to it.

So glad those hot humid summer days are over, so now we can enjoy some sweltering hot October 95 degree weather now...

...and now another hurricane is in bound by Wednesday/Thursday...SMFH...

7 hours ago, sekkes85 said:

Will be there, front and center in my newly replaced seats.

13 minutes ago, sekkes85 said:

Upgraded?  Your old seats were amazing!

Nah same location, just with the arena refurb they replaced all the physical seats with newer ones.  Also looking forward to see extensive remodeling of upper level of the arena.

Greetings:

We are mild favorites in this game:

https://sportschatplace.com/nhl-picks/2018/10/09/philadelphia-flyers-vs-san-jose-sharks-10/9/18-nhl-pick-odds-and-prediction

We play well against the West of late, but this may be an angry Sharks squad after yesterday's shellacking. Weal has to show something. So does our D.  

Let's go Flyers!

PROJECTED LINES (subject to change)

FLYERS

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier -93 Jakub Voracek
23 Oskar Lindblom -19 Nolan Patrick -11 Travis Konecny
40 Jordan Weal - 24 Mikhail Vorobyev - 17 Wayne Simmonds
21 Scott Laughton -15 Jori Lehterä -12 Michael Raffl:

9 Ivan Provorov - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere
8 Robert Hägg - 47 Andrew MacDonald
6 Travis Sanheim - 3 Radko Gudas

37 Brian Elliott
[33 Calvin Pickard]

Scratches: 22 Dale Weise (healthy), 26 Christian Folin (healthy), 25 James van Riemsdyk (IR, lower body), 30 Michal Neuvirth (IR, lower body), 49 Alex Lyon (IR, lower body), 38 Corban Knight (IR, upper body), 5 Sam Morin (ACL surgery).

SHARKS (based on Monday lineup @ NYI)

28 Timo Meier- 8 Joe Pavelski - 68 Melker Karlsson
48 Tomas Hertl -39 Logan Couture - 62 Kevin Labanc
9 Evander Kane - 40 Antti Suomela - 27 Joonas Donskoi
10 Marcus Sörensen - 60 Rourke Chartier - 23 Barclay Goodrow

47 Joakim Ryan - 88 Brent Burns
44 Marc-Edouard Vlasic - 65 Erik Karlsson
4 Brenden Dillon - 61 Justin Braun

30 Aaron Dell
[31 Martin Jones]

Scratches: 14 Dylan Gambell (healthy), 23 Barclay Goodrow (healthy),51 Radim Simek (healthy), 19 Joe Thornton (IR right knee injury/infection).

Not sure this is a good sign or not.....Flyers always struggle against the backup goalies...and if my memory serves me correctly didn't the last time they play the Sharks and Dell (a former ND alumni Hak pupil) he shut them out???

12 minutes ago, Icechipper said:

Hakstol should have a solid shooter tutor on Dell.

Didn't help in 2017 Dell stopped 22 of 23 shots for a 3-1 win and a 957%.

And in 2016 he shut them out 2-0 stopping 21 shots.

So 3rd times the charm???

Typical Elliot.  Flyers pouring it on in the beginning and the sharks get one shot and it goes in. Its a back breaker.  Literally 8 seconds later he does the same thing.  Then Elliot stands on his head and makes saves he shouldn't.   

Jones says the sarcastic cheers aren't deserved by Elliot.  And maybe he's right overall, but this is the MO of Elliot.  Let's the back breakers in at the most inopportune times.  Completely changed the game being down 2-0.  You could literally see the change on the ice.  Flyers were up on their skates until Elliot let those two in.  

50 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

WTH!!!  My phone lighting up like a Christmas tree... but in a bad sense...

Really 4-0 Sharks??? @&?!&

Glad I’m not watching this crap.....

It’s bad.  I can’t recall a worse opening night and I’ve been to tons of them over the years.  We were pouring it on till the back breakers started and that was all she wrote.  You can hear a pin drop in here now.

1 hour ago, Digityman said:

Typical Elliot.  Flyers pouring it on in the beginning and the sharks get one shot and it goes in. Its a back breaker.  Literally 8 seconds later he does the same thing.  Then Elliot stands on his head and makes saves he shouldn't.   

Jones says the sarcastic cheers aren't deserved by Elliot.  And maybe he's right overall, but this is the MO of Elliot.  Let's the back breakers in at the most inopportune times.  Completely changed the game being down 2-0.  You could literally see the change on the ice.  Flyers were up on their skates until Elliot let those two in.  

Man Flyers were taking it too them to start the game Sharks didn't know what to do with the Flyers.

And like you said they get a shot he let's a weak one in and then another and I said f**k it and had to go deal with a wasp issue in my bonus room upstairs...5 wasp literally on the ceiling light. Dealt with them.

Came sat back down and it was 4-0 didn't see the other 2 goals.

And i am like wow and in typical fashion Hak doesn't make a change they finally score and then he gives up another weak goal.

I'm done I got other stuff to do than to waste another hour of my life on this garbage.

22 minutes ago, Poulin20 said:

It’s bad.  I can’t recall a worse opening night and I’ve been to tons of them over the years.  We were pouring it on till the back breakers started and that was all she wrote.  You can hear a pin drop in here now.

Wow I feel you if I remember it correctly you are there at the game.

Sorry you wasted your time.

This is beyond embarrassing. The Sharks are skating around and through the D.  Elliott shows flashes of excellence with stretches of sieve.  Maybe Aaron Dell didn't like his former coach and wants to rub it in. Maybe Gritty is a distraction. Regardless, this is painful.  

Archived