JVR out 5-6 weeks

brelic

Ouch. That’s gonna hurt. 

(Can someone edit the title? I can’t)

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Quick-Hits-JVR-Out-5-6-Weeks-Home-Opener-Eve-Prospects-Update/45/95180

1) Per Flyers general manager Ron Hextall, James van Riemsdyk will miss 5-6 weeks with the lower-body injury sustained in Saturday's game in Colorado. Jordan Weal skated in JVR's left wing spot on Mikhail Vorobyev's line at Tuesday's practice. Oskar Lindblom appears to be the player tabbed to play JVR's netfront role on the second power play unit.

2) The Flyers held an 11 a.m. practice at the Skate Zone in Voorhees in advance of Tuesday's home opener against the San Jose Sharks. For a look at the very early (i.e., extremely small sample size) trends from the season opening road trip to Vegas and Colorado, click here.

The forward lines at Monday's practice: 

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier -93 Jakub Voracek
23 Oskar Lindblom -19 Nolan Patrick -11 Travis Konecny
40 Jordan Weal - 24 Mikhail Vorobyev - 17 Wayne Simmonds
21 Scott Laughton -15 Jori Lehterä -12 Michael Raffl

Dale Weise was the 13th forward, took some reps on the "yellow" (Lehterä's) line.

Defense pairs rotated around through different drills but if they revert to opening night's arrangement, would look like this in Tuesday's morning skate and game:

9 Ivan Provorov - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere
8 Robert Hägg - 47 Andrew MacDonald
6 Travis Sanheim - 3 Radko Gudas

Extra defenseman: 26 Christian Folin.

Second game back, the dude seems snake bit here. I feel for JvR, that's a ****** break.

I reckon 2 games is enough of a look at 93, 54 and 19 to know it's not happening ?

We know 93 and 28 work well together, I think 14 is smart enough to find out where to be most effective no matter where he is in the line up.

I also think 11, 19 and 54 could really be good, those are all dudes from the same "generation" I'll bet they think the game similarly.

I really liked @ruxpin 's take on Folin.  He should be the seventh so prospects can play until they win a spot in the NHL. He shouldn't be on a platoon.

That guy (Folin) hasn't been good, I can understand why he keeps showing up on teams though. He looks good coming off the bus, he skates pretty well, however, those things won't ever overcome what appears to be panic when he has the puck on his stick and is facing a forecheck.  He does not make the calm safe play, he rushes and ****s up.  Some guys are that guy, some guys have the tools but can't play the game. 

I thought Gudas was relatively good vs Vegas, he's a tough cuss, he's pretty smart, smart enough where I think he'll be able to find the line where he can still be effective, he's had a whole year to learn where the line is. 

Hagg has been good.

Must be something in the damn Philly water.

Eagles can't stay healthy and Flyers can't stay healthy.

They got 700 goalies on injured reserve and now a key new forward.

Man someone please sanitize that damn water!

My first reaction was “oh crap, here comes Weise.” 

Totally forgot about Weal. Strangely, I feel better knowing that Weal will be plugged in with Vorobyev and Simmer, at least to start. That could be ok. 

25 minutes ago, brelic said:

My first reaction was “oh crap, here comes Weise.” 

Totally forgot about Weal. Strangely, I feel better knowing that Weal will be plugged in with Vorobyev and Simmer, at least to start. That could be ok. 

What I would just move Lehtera up to 3rd line LW because ya know he is a natural. :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

3 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

This is Weals last chance, we have other guys knocking at the door. Its now or never. I still don't think he is a legit NHL player.

Here I thought the Weals on the bus go round and round.:ph34r:

17 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Hakstol already lobbying Hextstall to sign Chris VandeVelde as a free agent to replace JVR. 

#76neverforget

Come on Hexy, there isn't any other UND alum that you could sign?

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Must be something in the damn Philly water.

Eagles can't stay healthy and Flyers can't stay healthy.

They got 700 goalies on injured reserve and now a key new forward.

Man someone please sanitize that damn water!

Somebody stole a bottle from Vegas Golden Knights? I mean, we all know what happened to them last year.

• ruxpin changed the title to JVR out 5-6 weeks
12 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Weal.Sucks.

Couldn't Laughton move up to 3 LW and move Raffl to 4LW and bring up NAK?   Or leave Raffl there and bring up Leier?

Great work. I bestow upon you a new title.

image.png

😎

12 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Weal.Sucks.

Couldn't Laughton move up to 3 LW and move Raffl to 4LW and bring up NAK?   Or leave Raffl there and bring up Leier?

I am right with you rux... I honestly get frustrated with Weal when he is in the lineup.   He is too easy to push off the puck...   JvR's injury hurts but at least it is early.    Hopefully he comes back and returns to form which I think he will.    

2 hours ago, murraycraven said:

He is too easy to push off the puck.

This was one of my biggest issues...and now he ISN'T scoring goals then he really brings nothing else to the team.

I guess this is too keep two things from happening....dressing Wiese or bringing up a kid and just letting the kids play some more in the AHL before trying to tap into them now...and maybe they could be showcasing him some too knowing if he can't play for the Flyers now soon might be able to just trade him somewhere.

If he don't look good with this chance it could be his last.

I would like to apologize to all Flyers fans out there. I had JUST traded for JVR in fantasy (from @radoran). He hadn't even made it to active on my team yet.

But this was the direct cause of the injury. I think science will back me up on this. 

10 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I would like to apologize to all Flyers fans out there. I had JUST traded for JVR in fantasy (from @radoran). He hadn't even made it to active on my team yet.

But this was the direct cause of the injury. I think science will back me up on this. 

YOU F**kER!!!!!!

19 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

I still don't think he is a legit NHL player.

Looks like he's not.  Should have taken a step forward last year, but failed big time.  Hextall pumped his tires during the offseason, saying he was in the mix for 3C, and he still failed to earn a starting spot this year.  He's looked a tad too slow in terms of decision making and reacting and he's nowhere near hard enough on the puck at this level.  And he doesn't have a skill to compensate for those deficiencies.  Still, rather see him than Weise in that spot. 

20 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Couldn't Laughton move up to 3 LW and move Raffl to 4LW and bring up NAK

Weal's leash should be short it won't be long before they have to give NAK a look.

Next year he will require waivers.

Archived