Game 4: Flyers at Ottawa 10/10/18 7:30 pm

OccamsRazor

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

A little concerned that is 2 concussions for Patrick now 12 months into his NHL career.

Did they say concussion cause from what I saw was a stick.  And if a stick gives youa concussion, I'm a little worried too

8 hours ago, Digityman said:

Did they say concussion cause from what I saw was a stick.  And if a stick gives youa concussion, I'm a little worried too

Patrick took a hit in the corner on a later shift.  There was video on the post game of Patrick bringing his hand up to his helmet and was then noticed talking to McCrossin and they left down the tunnel shortly after.

5 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Hello Gang:

I was at work. Was Pickard better than the save percentage says?

Pickard played reasonably well, he made some timely saves especially in the first period.     Two of the 4 goals Pickard let in were PP goals.  He battled the whole game and obviously was very happy with his first win as a Flyer.

Good rebound win.  Fortunately they played the Sens.  Both teams are terrible in their own zone.  PK looks the same, which is very alarming.  Voracek had a great night.  Even aside from the goals, I didn’t notice too many forced passes on his part. Wish Konecny could pot one of his chances.  He’s been buzzing around.  Really have to say that Lehtera played well.    Laughton deserved the promotion.  Even Weise played pretty well.  The defense, on the other hand, remains a major work in progress.  I still don’t understand why MacDonald came back so early.  He looks terrible by his standards.  

1 hour ago, vis said:

The defense, on the other hand, remains a major work in progress.  I still don’t understand why MacDonald came back so early.  He looks terrible by his standards.

yes, he has struggled. 

Not helping the case for those that have said, "he's an okay player...makes too much....yada yada" (namely me}. He's been pretty bad, and has had terrible luck too. 

Totally argee about Koneckny too, that kid has been making things happen and cannot seem to beat the goal cage. the goalie, no problem.

35 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Not helping the case for those that have said, "he's an okay player...makes too much....yada yada" (namely me}.

I'm in that group as well.  I figured he would struggle given the lack of training camp, but he's been really, really bad.  It's going to be a long year for him and the defense, I think.

35 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Totally argee about Koneckny too, that kid has been making things happen and cannot seem to beat the goal cage. the goalie, no problem.

He's been one of the brighter spots thus far, but doesn't have much of anything to show for it.

Was just looking at some stats and was bummed to see the following:

Patrick -5

Lindblom -4

Konency -4

Ghost -4

Provorov -3

Not a good look for the young guys.

I would like to thank Alex Formenton for his cheap shot that actually woke up the Flyers. After he boarded Lindblom (I think that was who it was) the flyers started playing with a chip on their collective shoulders. Pickard looked a little unsure of himself early but seemed to find his footing and control as the game went on. He played miles above what Elliot has done so far. I won't call Pickard the second coming of Christ but he deserves the chance to play himself into the title.......

27 minutes ago, vis said:

It's going to be a long year for him and the defense, I think.

I am prepared for and expect some growing pains. 

Overall this is still a pretty young group. I think Hagg has been a medium bright spot. 

If the gap control is still a big problem in December I'll start to worry,  I think the adjustment needs to come from the vets,  I think the young guys have the wheels to skate with most NHL forwards. However the young guys  have to learn when to pinch how deep to get with regard to who's covering for them. There have been a lot of odd man rushes against coming off of missed shots when our D is jumping up on the play. I think these are things that will "even out".  

1 minute ago, mojo1917 said:

I am prepared for and expect some growing pains. 

Overall this is still a pretty young group. I think Hagg has been a medium bright spot. 

If the gap control is still a big problem in December I'll start to worry,  I think the adjustment needs to come from the vets,  I think the young guys have the wheels to skate with most NHL forwards. However the young guys  have to learn when to pinch how deep to get with regard to who's covering for them. There have been a lot of odd man rushes against coming off of missed shots when our D is jumping up on the play. I think these are things that will "even out".  

Same here.  I'm not going to be mad about it either when it comes to the young guys.  Sanheim, in particular, needs to figure some things out.  I'd like to see Provorov round into form soon.  He's had some iffy moments as others pointed out in the San Jose game thread.

8 minutes ago, flyerrod said:

I would like to thank Alex Formenton for his cheap shot that actually woke up the Flyers. After he boarded Lindblom (I think that was who it was) the flyers started playing with a chip on their collective shoulders.

It was really nice to see Lehtera and Laughton step up at that point.

8 minutes ago, flyerrod said:

Pickard looked a little unsure of himself early but seemed to find his footing and control as the game went on.

Pretty good game for a guy who hasn't played much.  Let in one softy by my count, but looked ok otherwise.

44 minutes ago, vis said:

I'm in that group as well.  I figured he would struggle given the lack of training camp, but he's been really, really bad.  It's going to be a long year for him and the defense, I think.

Had bad is Folin that they would rather put out a broke down Mcturd out there than play this guy. They really need to just cut bait with Folin and find a vet who can help and actually play.

45 minutes ago, vis said:

Provorov -3

Well the good news i posted he and Patrick were a team worse -5 before last night's game and Ivan is only -3 now. Progress.

9 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Hello Gang:

I was at work. Was Pickard better than the save percentage says?

He was better than his save percentage and he was very active in the crease.

Nothing spectacular and and there was at least one i would have like to have seen him make otherwise it is what you would want...even from Elliott.

No back breaking momentum killers. Just solid goaltending.

One of my biggest concerns and i advocated addressing it in the offseason and it wasn't the PK. Lappy should have been replaced.

4 games in and it is clicking at 60% at home and 71% on the road.

This is going to cost them some games.

Especially with a slew of backup goalies manning the net.

And combine that with the PP still trying to find it's footing it could be crucial to the win and losses column.

The PP is already tied for the league lead with the Ducks giving up 2 shorties already in four games.

Maybe it gets better with a home stretch and a chance to practice more. Guess we'll see.

Archived