5. #8 Nick Schmaltz ~ 0G 4A = 4pts

Top 3 PIM’s:

1. #62 Luke Johnson ~ 4 PIM’s

2. #88 Patrick Kane ~ 4 PIM’s

3. #19 Jonathan Toews ~ 2 PIM’s

Top Goaltenders:

1. #30 Cam Ward (2-0-1)  4.62GAA  .843%SP

2. #60 Connor Delia N/A

MNSOTA wrote up the game preview.  I might write up a post-gamer depending on whether we can get our internet back up and running.  Either way, Chicago is embracing a youth movement and so far they're scoring a ton of goals, but they're also giving up a ton of goals.  The Wild aren't giving up a lot, but they're barely scoring at all.  Boudreau is shaking up the lines hoping to change that...and we'll find out if it pays off or not.  

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, we’re still sacrificing items in our house.

I’m again sitting at the Chevy dealership trying to get the A/C compressor replaced. Last Thursday I sat here for a couple of hours only to find out that Chevy sent the wrong model. I am enjoying being able to use the wi-fi in the waiting area since it doesn’t work at home in any sort of stable manner. I’m starting to think that all the rain we’ve had here might be to blame. 

I hope you all appreciate the pain of my first world problems. But I don’t even know if it’s enough to jumpstart this team. 

Curious to see if the Wild has pulled their heads out of their butts and start shooting the puck more. And start bringing the puck in instead of dumping it in. Most of our good chances have come because someone actually moved with puck over the blueline.

Sounded like Boudreau almost bag-skated the team this week. He needs to do something. Granted it's only two games into the season, but man did they look disorganized against Vegas.

It will be interesting to see what happens tonight...

I kind of like the fact it's Chicago coming to town right now. Shouldn't be too much of a problem getting motivated for this game--plus the Wild has fared pretty well against the Blackhawks during the regular season.

3 minutes ago, Villette/Lavaux said:

Oh oh...

Seems that the troll IronRanger565 or whatever number is back in business.

Clue #1: Jets fan

Well, if it is, good thing we have proper mods now. 👍

1 hour ago, IllaZilla said:

Sounded like Boudreau almost bag-skated the team this week. He needs to do something. Granted it's only two games into the season, but man did they look disorganized against Vegas.

It will be interesting to see what happens tonight...

Not surprised. This team only seems interested in times that seems to benefit them. They really do play like divas. Yes it's only two games in but when a team coming from not having played for awhile is showing that much disinterest I worry big time.

1 hour ago, EJ0226 said:

Not surprised. This team only seems interested in times that seems to benefit them. They really do play like divas. Yes it's only two games in but when a team coming from not having played for awhile is showing that much disinterest I worry big time.

I wouldn’t say they were disinterested, it just looked like no one knew what to do. Almost reminded me of the Little Chippers between periods...

9 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

I wouldn’t say they were disinterested, it just looked like no one knew what to do. Almost reminded me of the Little Chippers between periods...

See I feel if these were all new guys that haven't played together I would say that but since they have been together for years now it seems to me that they are more likely just disinterested. How they wouldn't know what to do at this point is beyond me.

4 hours ago, Villette/Lavaux said:

Oh oh...

Seems that the troll IronRanger565 or whatever number is back in business.

Clue #1: Jets fan

I think you are right on the mark. Every one of his posts have been negative.

6 hours ago, sweetshot said:

I kind of like the fact it's Chicago coming to town right now. Shouldn't be too much of a problem getting motivated for this game--plus the Wild has fared pretty well against the Blackhawks during the regular season.

The team indeed needs a wake-up call and there's never been anything better than taking on a good team and a team they love to hate. Not always, but often the Wild stand up to the challenge and fair well. Often these are some of their best games (or worst if they're not ready.) lol

Well, Minnesota played some close games prior to tonight, with the end result they still lost.
Throw out the EN goals scored by Colorado, the Wild basically lost a pair of 2-1 games...one coming via the shoot out.

Not too shabby defensively.
Of course, the offense needs to wake up and, yes, I did see in those games where Wild defenders did make crucial mistakes at critical times that cost them scoring chances (and goals) against....and when the team isn't in sync offensively, those mistakes are huge.

Chicago comes in on fire offensively.
But at the same time, they are prone to giving up a bunch too.

So, while the Blackhawks COULD come in and torch the Wild in this game, I'd like to think Minnesota, if they play for SIXTY minutes the good brand of hockey the showcased (keeping the score low), they got a shot to take advantage of the poor defense the Hawks currently are rolling with, and pull out a win, despite how quickly Hawks skaters have gotten on the scoreboard.

Wild finally wanna get on the winning side of the ledger? The all out, no defense Hawks are a prime candidate for them to do it against.

4 hours ago, Braaap said:

Defintely an easy 2 points for Chi-town. Mild will finish 7th in the central. The new Buffalo is here to stay.

I dont know if it is an easy 2 points for Chitown., and the new Buffalo is better than the old Atlanta.  :bigteeth:

19 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

@MNSOTA hope they have free coffee or other tasty beverages. 🤗

Can't say the coffee is that great (I'm a bit of a coffee snob), but they do have free popcorn. It only took SIX HOURS for them to install the new compress and refill the freon. 

Chicago Blackhawks at Minnesota Wild – 8:00 EST

REFEREES

Chris Schlenker #3 Justin St. Pierre #12
  CS03.jpg JS12.jpg
Games 17-18 31 73
Career Games 61 939
First NHL Game 10/24/16 11/09/05
Birthplace Medicine Hat, AB Dolbeau, QC
Goals/Gm 6.3 (5) 5.8 (27)
PP/Gm 3.3 (9) 2.9 (32)
Penl/Gm 4.0 (6) 3.3 (37)
PIM/Gm 9.9 (3) 7.4 (40)