You are a guest user Click to join the site
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Most Liked Posts in This Topic

Rick Nash is tending to his wounds which must be extensive but he hasn't retired, yet, and the rumor is that after Xmas he's planning to practice and play with the Marlies until he's ready to resume his career. He will then sign with TO for the rest of the year.    TO's top 2 lines seem to have enough to win, now, but their scoring pace is bound to slow down at some point so having a 3rd line scoring option would be great. Kadri is a superior 3rd line player but it's hard for him to be
      @hobie  I have a hard time seeing Rick getting motivated to play 3rd/4th role and even harder to see him to be able to replace anyone in the 2 scoring lines when healthy. He's never been regarded as a speedster so it's a reach for him in any case. Seems like the Leafs are the least suitable option for him at this point. Uh, maybe the second least. The Wild already has enough of slow forwards in every line... 😏
      Leafs are rolling. If it ain't broke don't fix it.     
      I think the only improvement left is to improve the defence.    If this team thinks they can rely on Andersen to make up for not having a shutdown defenceman like they've done in the past to goalies such as Ed Belfour and Curtis Joseph, they're going to find themselves eliminated in the playoffs again in the conference final. You can't win without a proper #1 defenceman and you definitely need one or two quiet but effective "shutdown" defencemen who can stop the opposition from running
      @WordsOfWisdom   I'm not trying to crap on the Leafs, because I like what they're building, but I think it's fair to put things in perspective, with regard to the "if it ain't broke, then don't fix it" approach.   -The Leafs haven't exactly been crushed by the toughest of all possible schedules so far. -Despite that, they're sawing off the competition in some of the areas which are a tell for how a team is playing: shots for/shots against, scoring chances, etc, and are m
      JR, I get what you're saying but winning teams don't need to go into high percentage, high volume shot totals to win.   Sometimes those metrics are meaningless, TO when it was bad would often out shoot the opposition to no avail.   At TO's current pace 150 points seems statistically possible but also seems unlikely.   TO will have 2 1st lines when/if Nylander signs and TO sure didn't have that last year when it reached 105 points.   I consider the JT line

Game Room 1

Please enter your display name