Friedman: Edmonton is a really tense place

JR Ewing

Elliote Friedman was on Calgary sports radio this morning, and was asked about Edmonton:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/960/boomer-morning/

“I honestly think guys - and they play tomorrow afternoon in New York - but I really do believe that one of the real tough places right now in the NHL is in Edmonton,” indicated Friedman. “They’re 0-2. McDavid has looked great and done spectacular things in both games and they can’t sustain it.

“I just think the heat internally in that organization - I was just told this morning it’s a really tense place. I think everybody there is feeling it. I think that is clearly one of the - it’s going to be one of the hot areas in the league, and not in a good way. I think everybody there is really feeling the pressure.”

Friedman was asked if “it’s closer than it’s ever been” concerning head coach Todd McLellan being on the hot seat.

“I would just say this: I don’t there’s a person in that organization who feels secure,” noted Friedman. “Maybe Gretzky because, I mean, he’s Gretzky. But I don’t think there’s anybody in that organization who feels secure about what’s going on right now.

“So I wouldn’t say one guy, I would say it’s probably just about everybody.”

1 hour ago, hf101 said:

Everybody but McDavid that is...

:IDunnoSmiley:

Yeah, I think he's safe. If what Friedman says is true, the same can't be said for Chia Pete, McLellan, K-Lowe, MacT, and perhaps several others.

Archived