Leafs Scoring

WordsOfWisdom

We Leafs fans deserve this. I'm sure it will end at some point, but I for one, am going to enjoy it while it lasts. I've been through the Imlach era (which at least started out well), the Ballard era, the Sundin era and now I'm going to enjoy this new Shanny era. 

Matthews is an absolute beast - the genuine article. Tavares is awesome and just wants to win for Toronto a proven star who is willing to play whatever role is needed. And Marner - he is just unbelievable. 

It's the dawn of a new era WOW, and we made it here! Woot!, Woot! Bring it!!  🤩

PS: - I forgot to mention Kadri and Reilly. This is fun! 

This is pretty normal at the start of every season. 1-2 teams get off to a super hot start while teams are readjusting to defensive systems. Fantasy Hockey is a goalie nightmare the first 15 games every year. I just won my first week in one of my Keeper leagues with Holtby and Martin Jones. They had a combined 3 wins, 5 Losses and an 3.15GAA and 88.1sv% and somehow I won the week 9-3. Every year people pick up hot rookies and ride them for the first 20 games then try to trade them while they seem like 100 point superstars😆. After their initial PPG pace wears off, you gotta sell QUICK and get what you can. I absolutely plan on selling Elias Petterson and Brady Tkachuk around the 15 game mark. Its a keep 5 league. If Petterson keeps on this pace, he will score 82 goals and 62 assists and we all know that is not going to happen. It is almost like clockwork every year that the kids under 25 run low on gas 15-20 games in AND defensive structure returns to the NHL.

A few years back Zetterberg was on pace to smash Gretzky's 205 point record by scoring 300 points 7-8 games in.

Last year it was Backstrom, Ovechkin and Kuznetsov in double digits by October 14th.

Likely Matthews finishes with around 50 goals and 85-90 points. Which is superstar level amazing these days. I can see Morgan Reilly finishing with 60-65, which puts him in that top 5 Echelon of offensive defensemen.

I just don't buy the idea that they will score Yzerman in the 80's level

Yes, got to hand it to the Leafs - they are on fire. Matthews is a beast like you said and some of the goals he's scored so far have been very impressive. McDavid might be the favorite to win the Hart and Art Ross trophies but at this rate one cannot discount Matthews in the race...

Archived