Minnesota Wild @ Nashville Predators, Monday 10-15-18, 7:00pm, Bridgestone Arena

CreaseAndAssist

https://wp.me/p9DWHB-3zhL

Minnesota Wild (1-1-2)  4pts  6th in the Central

2.50 Goals For Per Game (21st in NHL)

3.25 Goals Against Per Game (19th in NHL)

16.7% Power Play (21st in NHL)

85.0% Penalty Kill (8th in NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #11 Zach Parise ~ 1G 4A = 5pts

2. #16 Jason Zucker ~ 3G 1A = 4pts

3. #20 Ryan Suter ~ 1G 3A = 4pts

4. #12 Eric Staal ~ 1G 2A = 3pts

5. #24 Matthew Dumba ~ 1G 1A = 2pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 7 PIM's

2. #12 Eric Staal ~ 6 PIM's

3. #3 Charlie Coyle ~ 4 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #40 Devan Dubnyk (1-1-2)  2.64GAA  .934%SP

2. #32 Alex Stalock N/A

Vs.

Nashville Predators (4-1-0)  8pts  1st in the Central

3.0 Goals For Game (17th in NHL)

2.0 Goals Against Game (2nd in NHL)

11.8% Power Play (23rd in NHL)

75.0% Penalty Kill (21st in NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #33 Viktor Arvidsson ~ 3G 2A = 5pts

2. #9 Filip Forsberg ~ 3G 2A = 5pts

3. #38 Ryan Hartman ~ 1G 3A = 4pts

4. #14 Mattias Ekholm ~ 1G 3A = 4pts

5. #92 Ryan Johansen ~ 1G 3A = 4pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #14 Mattias Ekholm ~ 7 PIM's

2. #36 Zac Rinaldo ~ 6 PIM's

3. #10 Colton Sissons ~ 5 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #35 Pekka Rinne (2-1-0)  1.67GAA  .946%SP  1SO

2. #74 Juuse Saros (2-0-0)  2.50GAA  .902%SP

Hey all, MNSOTA here. Just a head's up. There will be no post-game article tonight. LIG has a coaching commitment this evening and most likely won't be home until AFTER the game or at the very earliest, some point during the 3rd period. I may or may not be here due to our ongoing ISP drama.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Fargocase said:

You didn't much first four games.  Wild played like crap in 3 out of 4.

You are right Fargocase...the Wild have played like crap for 3 of 4 games. The Wild even played like crap in the preseason even with our big guns in the lineup.

Kinda assumed that with their record...  Was interesting reading in some other threads that Suter has been doing a pretty good job...  Personally, I didn't think he'd be rehab'd in time... Is doobie still letting in easy goals once or twice a game...?

3 hours ago, Confrontational said:

Kinda assumed that with their record...  Was interesting reading in some other threads that Suter has been doing a pretty good job...  Personally, I didn't think he'd be rehab'd in time... Is doobie still letting in easy goals once or twice a game...?

Doobie's been outstanding.  His play turned blow outs into Loser Point games for the Wild.

I thought Suter looked tentative the first couple games, then played great the third game vs Chi.  The Carolina game just sucked with all the penalties.  Only Doobie was worth a crap.

I am FAR from a negative minded fan, but even I have to admit that the Wild simply do NOT look like a confident team out there.

Lots of haphazard passes, some panic when pressured in their zone, too many guys standing around on offense (leading to lots of one and dones on attack), and from the looks of it, Alex Stalock is not tracking the puck particularly well either.
But it wouldn't surprise me if his own team's chaotic defense is contributing to that.

Nashville is the opposite of Minnesota right now.

Well...a fortunate bounce going the Wild's way that Mat Dumba took advantage of and blasted for a PP goal.
Hey..NOT the way they drew it up, but at this point, I will take it.....and so will the team.

Ok, boys...
Fresh game at 1 now, let's get craniums out of rectums and play a more cohesive pressure game, please...

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Well...a fortunate bounce going the Wild's way that Mat Dumba took advantage of and blasted for a PP goal.
Hey..NOT the way they drew it up, but at this point, I will take it.....and so will the team.

Ok, boys...
Fresh game at 1 now, let's get craniums out of rectums and play a more cohesive pressure game, please...

Spoke to soon. They’re right back to organized disorganization. 

4 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Man, they are so lucky to be even after one...

Agree.
That said, I will take these small victories (even if by luck), because this team can use anything and everything they can get ahold of to get some team confidence back.

They seriously look way too tentative out there and a Stanley Cup contender like the Predators will absolutely EAT up any team that doesn't play with confidence.

Hendricks vs Rinaldo...

Not much of a fight, but you know, kudos to Hendricks for taking him on (he did do a nice job of just rag dolling him a bit down to the ground), because, I certainly don't want that idiot Rinaldo bothering a guy like Niederreiter, Coyle, Granlund, Zucker, etc when those guys should be focused on the game

Last two or three shifts....the Wild making life a bit uncomfortable for Rinne around his own crease.

Nothing by him of course, but still, I can tell by Rinne's body language and his face when the camera zooms in that he isn't liking the Wild crowding his crease...which is why the Wild should be doing EXACTLY that!

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Hendricks vs Rinaldo...

Not much of a fight, but you know, kudos to Hendricks for taking him on (he did do a nice job of just rag dolling him a bit down to the ground), because, I certainly don't want that idiot Rinaldo bothering a guy like Niederreiter, Coyle, Granlund, Zucker, etc when those guys should be focused on the game

I don’t know. Maybe Niederreitter or Coyle need their bell rung to get their head in the game. They’ve been invisible all season...

Just now, IllaZilla said:

I don’t know. Maybe Niederreitter or Coyle need their bell rung to get their head in the game. They’ve been invisible all season...

No doubt both those boys need a kick of some sort in the rear....but tangling with a non-NHL'er mini goon like Rinaldo is not the ticket.

I mean, really, if either Nino or Charlie go off for 5 with Rinaldo, that is a clear win, hands down, for the Predators..... trading a 4th line 6 or 7 minute a night player for a more important piece from the Wild.

See, just now...offensive zone, Wild have the puck...guys are standing around...no movement to scoring areas, no support for the guy along the boards....etc....

Just too easy for Nashville to manage that.

Preds on the other hand, get the offensive zone, support their guys, have guys moving to scoring areas....big difference between a Cup contender and a team that just barely may make the playoffs.

Archived