Play Pick'em Daily Read more... ×

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
CreaseAndAssist

Minnesota Wild vs Arizona Coyotes, Tuesday 10-16-18, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Minnesota Wild (1-2-2)  4pts  7th in the Central

2.4 Goals For Per Game

3.4 Goals Against Per Game

18.8% Power Play

82.6% Penalty Kill

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #11 Zach Parise ~ 1G 6A = 7pts

2. #16 Jason Zucker ~ 3G 1A = 4pts

3. #9 Mikko Koivu ~ 1G 3A = 4pts

4. #20 Ryan Suter ~ 1G 3A = 4pts

5. #24 Matthew Dumba ~ 2G 1A = 3pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 7 PIM's

2. #15 Matt Hendricks ~ 7 PIM's

3. #12 Eric Staal ~ 6 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #40 Devan Dubnyk (1-2-1)  2.64GAA  .934%SP

2. #32 Alex Stalock (0-1-0)  3.10GAA .889%SP

Vs.

Arizona Coyotes (1-3-0)  2pts  8th in the Pacific

.5 Goals For Per Game

2.3 Goals Against Per Game

8.3% Power Play

90% Penalty Kill

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #15 Brad Richardson ~ 1G 0A = 1pt

2. #20 Dylan Strome ~ 1G 0A = 1pt

3. #14 Richard Panik ~ 0G 1A = 1pt

4. #4 Niklas Hjalmarsson ~ 0G 1A = 1pt

5. #16 Clayton Keller ~ 0G 1A = 1pt

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #36 Christian Fischer ~ 8 PIM's

2. #23 Oliver Ekman-Larsson ~ 6 PIM's

3. #44 Kevin Connauton ~ 4 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #32 Antti Raanta (1-3-0)  2.21GAA  .903%SP

2. #35 Darcy Kuemper N/A

MNSOTA here again. I'll have the actual preview up in an hour or so, but just wanted to get the stats posted for you number crunchers.

Edited by CreaseAndAssist
To add link to preview

This is literally a must win by a few goals game. ARI has literally scored 3 goals in 4 games. If they put up more then 1 goal this game I will be very worried. Hopefully the Wild get up by 2 goals right away and never let up. I am worried we might see the typical Wild and score once and then watch the Yotes put in 2 goals right after.

My guess Dubnyk is in and maybe Kuemper is in. It would be the most Minnesota Wild thing for Dubnyk to have a terrible game and Kuemper look like the second coming of Roy.

Edited by EJ0226

24 minutes ago, EJ0226 said:

ARI has literally scored 3 goals in 4 games.

Actually, no. The Yotes only have two goals....the third goal was a shootout winner.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MNSOTA said:

Actually, no. The Yotes only have two goals....the third goal was a shootout winner.

Thank you for the correction. Even worse..... This scares me even more!

Will be interesting to see how the wild are without Koivu. But i tend to agree this game makes me nervous. 

According to announcers, Wild is oldest team in league at 29.1 years of age.  Pittsburgh is second.  This is an albatross for the future - we can't get younger with 3-4 boat anchors.  Thanks CL and CF?!?  $hit!  And we are playing like it again in first period of our 6th game again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oregonwildfan said:

About as inspiring as my work boots. Sloppy and slow, seems to be the norm. 

The team or old puck bunnies?

They look confused and disorganized.

I'm curious why they didn't move Ek or Greenway up to play for Koivu instead of Granlund. Granlund hasn't played center for what, two years?

Then again the last time Koivu had a replacement it was Haula and he actually did quite well.

Haha, at least the bunnies might have some use on a bad hogging expedition. This team is just awful. I think the Winnipeg series aged everyone times 10.

There just anyone who is playing inspired hockey.  I really think they need to shake up team chemistry.  Maybe pull the As and C, or make an unexpected trade?

At least Granlund shoots more in the last 9-12 months.  We need it.  

I just came in. What is the story with koivu?

6 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

I just came in. What is the story with koivu?

Wife having there child i believe they said 

Well good for him. While I think he may be overrated at times, we do need him at center.

Not so sure.  He skates like he has planks nailed to his feet and flails with his stick.  

Finally we won for the first time this season in regulation with a score 2:1 against of Arizona Coyotes.

Edited by Alexandron

Hidden Content

Ugly game.  The Wild still look tired, slow...even if it was the 2nd game of a back to back.  The Wild were very fortunate we were playing Arizona tonight.  Coyle and Nino have ZERO confidence right now.  I have a full game recap and a ton of prospect news, check it out!  

• Like 2

I'm not surprised by that it was as low scoring as it was. Arizona as a team has a GAA of about 2 and combine that with neither team being able to score (both in the bottom 10).

A win is a win so I'll take it. Unfortunately, the Avs and Jets both got loser points tonight so the Wild didn't really gain much ground.

12 hours ago, MNSOTA said:

MNSOTA, thanks for your game preview. I really like it.

26 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Hidden Content

Ugly game.  The Wild still look tired, slow...even if it was the 2nd game of a back to back.  The Wild were very fortunate we were playing Arizona tonight.  Coyle and Nino have ZERO confidence right now.  I have a full game recap and a ton of prospect news, check it out!  

Thanks LIG , Agree about coming next games against Dallas and Tampa are going to be much tougher than the one last night.

And according your prospect news, it seems our prospects doing a pretty good progress - lots of production. Lodnia also is doing well (having 4 goals and 8 assists in 9 games for Niagara IceDogs in OHL).

Edited by Alexandron