Game 6: Panthers at Flyers, 10/16 @ 7

Howie58

Greetings:

This games features a desperate, winless Panthers squad versus our under-performing Flyers:

https://sports.yahoo.com/panthers-searching-first-win-vs-flyers-044345531--nhl.html

We are mild favorite:

https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/florida-philadelphia-odds-october-16-2018-1020175

This has been a tough matchup the last few years.  Hopefully our D can shut down the Barkov Line.  

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Winless Panthers team seems to be the perfect storm for the Flyers to give this one away....

Yeah,  living in South Florida I can say there were high expectations for the squad.  They barely missed the playoffs and had one of the est second half performances. Reimer hasn't performed well this year, and they aren't scoring.  You hope they don't snap out of it tonight.

Tough spot.  Flyers lost both games on the road to Florida last year.  There is a lot of talent on the Florida team.  Can imagine both teams are going to try to come out firing.  Curious how our ****** PK matches up with their ****** PP.  Honestly, the Flyers could be just what the Panthers need to wake up.  When did the Flyers arrive in Florida?  If they have been sitting down there a couple of days, the Flyers could be in real trouble.

1 hour ago, Howie58 said:

Vis, this one is at WFC.  

Haha!! Thanks.  Don't know why I thought this was a road game.  Ah, well...should bode well for the Flyers, then....

3 hours ago, murraycraven said:

Winless Panthers team seems to be the perfect storm for the Flyers to give this one away....

Yep remember last year the Yotes come to Philly in October having gone winless in 10 games to start the year...

....and guess who helped them end their winless streak?

I'll give you 3 guesses and the first 2 don't even count!

8 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Someone explain how that little scuffle with Simmer ends with him getting 2 + 10 (Rolling my eyes)

That’s what I wanted to know as well!  Must be either something that was said in the skirmish or proactive/preventative reffing. 

Love to see Simmer getting in there to defend his teammate. Simmonds must have forgotten Elliott was in goal and mistakenly thought 5 goals would be enough to win this game before he jumped in the scrum.

11 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Love to see Simmer getting in there to defend his teammate. Simmons must have forgotten Elliott was in goal and mistakenly thought 5 goals would be enough to win this game before he jumped in the scrum.

Whelp... not any more... Panthers score to make it 5-4. Out goes Elliot... in comes Pickard.....

So is this how it’s going to be for the rest of season????????

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

Whelp... not any more... Panthers score to make it 5-4. Out goes Elliot... in comes Pickard.....

So is this how it’s going to be for the rest of season????????

Hopefully not nausea causing.

Archived