Ditch Nylander for a Defenceman!

WordsOfWisdom

Saw an Oilers fan suggest a Nurse + Puljujarvi for Nylander swap.

Not that Toronto would go for it for a moment, but I would drive them to the airport myself and pin a note to Jesse's jacket to make it happen.

pool-party-pizza-puljujarvi-gif.gif

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

I think now that he's signed, he gets traded away by the deadline. 

I think Nylander burned his bridge in Toronto with this recent holdout, and I don't think management really wants him around long term.

Really?

We really don't know what was going on, management could've been lowballing him thru the whole process. I think if we don't know what was actually going on judging either management or Nylander is ill founded. 

12 minutes ago, hobie said:

Really?

We really don't know what was going on, management could've been lowballing him thru the whole process. I think if we don't know what was actually going on judging either management or Nylander is ill founded. 

Even if they were lowballing him, it's still management's call to move on from the guy who took them to while the clock was striking midnight. 

I don't think they do it at the deadline, though. I think they take their best shot at a Cup with him.  Then move him in the offseason.  He allowed his contract to be very moveable with no protections.  (I don't mean to imply he had much choice) 

He's gone this offseason, I would think. 

On 12/2/2018 at 6:03 PM, hobie said:

Really?

True. I'm just speculating.  :)

Dubas actually came out now and said that Nylander won't be traded lol.  When was the last time you heard a GM say that about a player? Sort of like a vote of confidence for the head coach. Does it ever mean anything?  Who knows....  

Archived