Play Pick'em Daily Read more... ×

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
Sign in to follow this  
OccamsRazor

Game 7: Flyers at Blue Jackets 10/18/18 7:00 pm

Image result for Flyers goal gif vs blue jackets

Back in action tonight.

PROJECTED LINEUPS (Subject to change)

FLYERS

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier -93 Jakub Voracek
23 Oskar Lindblom - 40 Jordan Weal -11 Travis Konecny
12 Michael Raffl - 21 Scott Laughton - 17 Wayne Simmonds
24 Mikhail Vorobyev -15 Jori Lehterä -22 Dale Weise

9 Ivan Provorov - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere
8 Robert Hägg - 26 Christian Folin
6 Travis Sanheim - 3 Radko Gudas

37 Brian Elliott
[33 Calvin Pickard]

Scratches: 10 Corban Knight (healthy), 47 Andrew MacDonald (healthy), 19 Nolan Patrick (upper body), 25 James van Riemsdyk (IR, lower body), 30 Michal Neuvirth (IR, lower body), 5 Sam Morin (ACL surgery).

BLUE JACKETS

9 Artemi Panarin - 18 Pierre-Luc Dubois - 13 Cam Atkinson
71 Nick Foligno - 10 Alexander Wennberg - 91 Anthony Duclair
38 Boone Jenner - 20 Riley Nash - 28 Oliver Björkstrand
22 Sonny Milano - 45 Lukas Sedlak - 77 Josh Anderson

8 Zach Werenski - 58 David Savard
27 Ryan Murray - 65 Markus Nutivaara
4 Scott Harrington - 6 Adam Clendening

72 Sergei Bobrovsky
[70 Joonas Korpisalo]

Scratches: 14 Dean Kukan (healthy), 37 Markus Hännikäinen (healthy), 3 Seth Jones (IR), 17 Brandon Dubinsky (IR).

DprVXQHW0AYcOr8.jpg

It would be nice to get a win. Can Elliott rebound after being yanked??? Guess we'll see.

Go Flyers!!!!!!

Something they have been historically bad at that needs to change tonight!

Allowing first goals to start a season

Games allowing first goal Occurrences Seasons
6 1 2018-19
5 0 N/A
4 2 2008-09, 2001-02
3 8 2013, 2005-06, 1999-00, 1990-91, 1988-89, 1984-85, 1978-79, 1969-70
2 6 2015-16, 2014-15, 2006-07, 1996-97, 1993-94, 1976-77
1 12 2011-12, 1994-95, 1992-93, 1989-90, 1987-88, 1986-87, 1983-84, 1977-78, 1974-75, 1972-73, 1971-72, 1967-68
0 22 2017-18, 2016-17, 2013-14, 2010-11, 2009-10, 2007-08, 2003-04, 2002-03, 2000-01, 1998-99, 1997-98, 1995-96, 1991-92, 1985-86, 1982-83, 1981-82, 1980-81, 1979-80, 1975-76, 1973-74, 1970-71, 1968-69
Edited by OccamsRazor

Remember Bob gave up 8 goals his last game so they must get on the board first or Bob will be in their head...

• Like 1

...however that could be a bad sign for the Flyers...they could lose 5-0 tonight. SMH.

So done with trying to predict these games.  Hard enough trying to figure out how they will play period to period within a game.  

I imagine Tortorella has put them through their paces the last few days given the time off since the whipping they took from Tampa.  Imagine they are geared up to play.  Flyers could find themselves in a hole early if they aren't ready.

• Like 1

Greetings:

We are the underdog according to the bookies. 

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Putting aside Bobo's mastery, note our record in Ohio. 

Hidden Content

I am not sure if this is an overlap with Bobo, or if this is tough venue?  Regardless, we will have our hands full.

Edited by Howie58

16 minutes ago, brelic said:

yeesh.... if that 4th line doesn't strike fear in the CBJs I am not sure what will...🙄

Corban will be this years VDV.

Edited by murraycraven

Funny someone else is thinking the same nay of us here have been thinking...

Is Corban Knight another Chris VandeVelde?

ap-corban-knight.jpg

Hidden Content

“Completely different player, so I don’t know where that comparison would come from other than the fact that the two of them played for me. That’s where you should probably end it,” Hakstol said from Nationwide Arena Thursday. “Naturally, Knight is a right-handed centerman. He’s a good two-way player. He’s versatile enough to play the right wing, and he’s a very good PKer.”

:beer:

Don't know what is going to happen.

Flyers come out flat in Ohio,

Flyers 4 

Jackets..2

Tk breaks out .. 

Since "Captain" Pickard hasn't really gotten used to our uhhh wildly INCONSISTENT defense, I'll go with the Flyers with a surprise win in OT, 5-4. They are long ovedue for a win there.

Thankfully Bob looks like he needs to be beamed up.

WTF was with that 2nd goal.

Would have like to seen Pickard make the save on the 1st goal....but Ivan and Folin looked like they were running a Chinese fire drill so I can't be that mad at him...

...but it looked Elliottesque!

Solid period for the Flyers. TK finally gets one and the Flyers scored first!

Hagg, Gudas, and Sanheim had strong periods on the blueline. 

Weal’s line had some great shifts, and Giroux looks dialed in. 10 points already. 

Keep it going!

Time to get Lindblom off the snide tonight!

Go to see Elliott being sent a message too.

We can't get into a shoot 'em out.  We are allowing them through the neutral zone with no opposition. 

• Like 1

Cam Atkinson is the Patrick Elias of the Blue Jackets.

Damn him.

Flyers bro....WTF is going on?

Is every team in the league faster than the Flyers? Bluejackets blew right by Flyers players on their last two goals.

4 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

We can't get into a shoot 'em out.  We are allowing them through the neutral zone with no opposition. 

Hak system is all about knowing when to pinch, and the forward getting back to cover for the pinching D man....so honestly it seems to be on the forward or the Dman picking the wrong time to pinch...a hard thing to time at this level with the speed of the game...ala Chip Kelly and the college game not translating to the pro game.

You be the judge.

I'm just the messenger....

Edited by OccamsRazor

Boy, is Pickard channeling with Elliott? We start out well, get a lead, and then get rattled.  Maybe I need to play goal. Occam, I want you on D.  

• Like 1

Why do I bother watching these guys.

They just end up pissing me off.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Boy, is Pickard channeling with Elliott? We start out well, get a lead, and then get rattled.  Maybe I need to play goal. Occam, I want you on D.  

I can do it. I know when to just play the guy and let the puck be.

The Flyer's I don't know they always want to stick check.

I'm taking the body.

Two things..

1) Shoot the puck to the net..

2)shoot the puck at the net..

screw the cross ice passes,,..>>

• Like 1

Wow Jake gets his pocket picked right as I tuned back in for the 6-3 lead.

I don't know what to say about this team.

I am open for counseling if anyone has the time and a nice couch to lay on....

Pickard's last two goals were pretty soft.  He has doesn't done much to be kept around.  That said, I agree with our broadcast team: Our D has been porous.  

This is a house of horrors for the O and B. Three and fourteen.  Yikes.  Bobo....11 wins against us.  Yikes.  

How do you spell R E G R E S S I O N from the second half of last year?

Edited by Howie58

Bjorkstrand with the nice steal on Jake.

Hey Flyers could of had him or Duclair who scored the first goal, but they preferred the guy toiling in the AHL and can't crack this laughable lineup in Goulbourne because you can never have enough AHL goons....just saying.

2 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Pickard's last two goals were pretty soft.  He has doesn't done much to be kept around.  That said, I agree with our broadcast team: Our D has been porous.  

This is a horse of horrors for the O and B. Three and fourteen.  Yikes.  Bobo....11 wins against us.  Yikes.  

How do you spell R E G R E S S I O N from the second half of last year?

Flyers just the thing for what ails you.

Gave up 8 goals last game to your one?

No problem we'll give you 6 tonight.