Sebastian Aho

Hockey-78

This kid seems to have everything. Well, maybe a bit undersized and not tough enough but his skillset, shot, skating, team-first-attitude, vision, assertive with the puck... Carolina's franchise player for the next 10 years?

Any Canes fans in here, what do you think? 🙂

1 hour ago, Hockey-78 said:

This kid seems to have everything. Well, maybe a bit undersized and not tough enough but his skillset, shot, skating, team-first-attitude, vision, assertive with the puck... Carolina's franchise player for the next 10 years?

Any Canes fans in here, what do you think? 🙂

I agree, not a Canes fan even though i do follow them and root for them except when they play my Flyers.

Aho is a great talent and sure be there for a while.

Looking back at that draft Arizona had 3 chances to take the kid and passed every time.

Instead they took Dylan Strome, Nick Merkley and Christian Fischer each time....and right now i wouldn't trade you Aho for all 3 of them.

Now the Canes just need to hold onto him and build around the young group of forwards they have already.

They have Aho, Teravainen, Necas, Svechnikov, Zykov, Gauthier, Kuokkanen and Luostarinen all under 24 year of age who can be there for a long time.

A few of them i just mentioned have yet to arrive in the NHL but they will start to trickle in soon.

However Aho is due a new contract and he may get the max 8 year deal or at worse a nice bridge deal he just turned 21 this past July. 

@OccamsRazor That's a good post!

I hate those long term deals and the money GMs throw at kids based on one or two good seasons. But Aho is a great talent, he really schooled the Wild/us a week ago all by himself. Offering him a bridge deal would be dumb. Unless he wants it. Hard to see he'll end up in the same situation as Nylander now.

6 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

@OccamsRazor That's a good post!

I hate those long term deals and the money GMs throw at kids based on one or two good seasons. But Aho is a great talent, he really schooled the Wild/us a week ago all by himself. Offering him a bridge deal would be dumb. Unless he wants it. Hard to see he'll end up in the same situation as Nylander now.

He is a thorn in my Flyer's side every time they play now it seems.

Kid isn't big but he has the heart of a lion.

Archived