You are a guest user Click to join the site
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

nossagog

Shultz down

Tough break, literally, for Justin Shultz.  He's really reestablished himself in Pittsburgh. Get healthy and come back refreshed.

If there is any bright side, I think this means we'll see a lot of Riikola I really like his game, and he's already taking up second paring minutes and is on the second PP unit.

@nossagog Hi,

Yeah, you have some good D-pospects. Schultz has found his game again. Riikola isn't familiar to me. But what's with Maatta? There's a guy who makes very few mistakes, though a tad slow to my taste. He's been sitting in the pressbox? And instead you have Oleksiak playing his minutes? Sounds odd to me - what's the story?

10 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

@nossagog Hi,

Yeah, you have some good D-pospects. Schultz has found his game again. Riikola isn't familiar to me. But what's with Maatta? There's a guy who makes very few mistakes, though a tad slow to my taste. He's been sitting in the pressbox? And instead you have Oleksiak playing his minutes? Sounds odd to me - what's the story?

There's the good side and the bad side to Maatta. Yes he's solid in his zone when set up. But sadly, he's  very slow and weak in transition.   The hope was that he would work his speed in off seasons,but it just hasn't happened. He may be trade bait in the near future IMHO.

Oleksiak seems to be just as solid, but a bit more physical.  With Maatta's lack of progression, he may be trade bait in the future. 

Edited by nossagog

1 hour ago, nossagog said:

There's the good side and the bad side to Maatta. Yes he's solid in his zone when set up. But sadly, he's  very slow and weak in transition.   The hope was that he would work his speed in off seasons,but it just hasn't happened. He may be trade bait in the near future IMHO.

Oleksiak seems to be just as solid, but a bit more physical.  With Maatta's lack of progression, he may be trade bait in the future. 

I see... from what I've seen Maatta is offensively a lot better than Jamie with excellent outlet passes. Since you have a lot of offensively gifted D-men I guess it's only logical you get rid of one of them. Oleksiak's physical presence is obviously needed since you let Reaves go. Btw, why did you do that?