The Torch Will Be Passed....Just Not Yet

B21

After the Pens' shut out the Matthews/Taveras-led Maple Leafs in their last outing, Sid the Kid potted this beauty in OT to beat the McDavid-led Oilers (hopefully the video links work)...

https://triblive.com/sports/columnists/timbenz/breakfastwithbenz/14208270-74/hockey-world-reacts-to-penguins-sidney-crosbys-eye-popping-ot-winner

I'd still take McDavid, Matthews and Taveras if I were starting a team right now. Still, it's nice to see an old geezer like Crosby show he still has "something" left in the tank.

At this point, there is no doubt that anyone with a team would take someone like Matthews or Mcdavid to start a team at this point.  After all, Sid's getting old, you need youth.  That being said, watching the game last night, Sid still had something to be said to you youth in the league. McDavid had a great game, and his rushes up ice are scary for a defenses in the league, but Sid can still put a team on his shoulders and produce a WOW, no, I'm sorry, a HOLY FREAKING COW moment to say 'Hey, wait a moment, I'm not dead yet'.

Crosby's goal in overtime was just, well awesome. Strome had to really HATE to come into film sessions today. That was one of those, "OH ****, DID HE JUST DO THAT!' moments. 

Sid is still there, he may not be the dominant ONE, but he showed last night that that tourch still may have to be shared at this point in time. 

Yes, Sid's not going to score 50 goals anymore (um, ok, maybe he might)😊 but that was fun to watch! Strome's no D-man and plenty of space and time suits Crosby well, yet half the league wouldn't have had a clue what to do in that situation. Our very own Zach Parise searches for a guy to pass the puck in those situations, every time. Drives me nuts to witness that time and again. So glad we still have players with balls to try and make something happen on their own.

Btw, who are you going to pass that torch to? Guentzel?

On 10/25/2018 at 3:00 AM, Hockey-78 said:

Yes, Sid's not going to score 50 goals anymore (um, ok, maybe he might)😊 but that was fun to watch! Strome's no D-man and plenty of space and time suits Crosby well, yet half the league wouldn't have had a clue what to do in that situation. Our very own Zach Parise searches for a guy to pass the puck in those situations, every time. Drives me nuts to witness that time and again. So glad we still have players with balls to try and make something happen on their own.

Btw, who are you going to pass that torch to? Guentzel?

Marc Andre Fleury! Lol

Archived