Thomas Vanek, Hall of famer????

yave1964

On 11/18/2018 at 11:31 AM, rottenrefs said:

Thomas Vanek in a MN Wild sweater was one of the biggest slugs on ice I've ever seen.

Shall we count the ways teams thought he was a worthy hockey player?

1. Buffalo Sabres

2. NY Islanders

3. Montreal Canadians

4. Minnesota Wild (3 year contract, bought out and dumped his lazy ass after 2.)

5. Detroit Red Wings

6. Florida Panthers

7. Vancouver Canucks

8. Columbus Blue Jackets.

Aside from the Buffalo Sabres, the Wild were the only team dumb enough to hang onto him for more than a year.

His dedication to hockey ventures over into the Olympics (in Sochi) where he spent his only quality time there in a pub drinking until 6 am, only to show up for the game with a C on his sweater and a hang over.

Wait just a minute fella.  Vanek is going to be remembered as a Buffalo Sabre and he will get a golden sword.  He was an all star and fabulous player for us for years and back when we had those runs.  You are judging his recent play which I agree on.  

I was shocked to see him pick a fight with one of the Sabres!!!!  Could not believe my eyes.  Never was a fighter. But now with the Red Wings they must have lit a fire under him?  Vanek will be remembered in Buffalo and will have a night that honors him. (as long as he does not start too any more fights in the remaining three games with us).  Vanek had one heck of a slapshot.  He has scored a ton of goals and yes, he was a sniper.  That is what he is out there for. Not to be a grinder like he was the other night. The current Sabres were a bit to quick for him as he is no spring chicken.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Wait just a minute fella.  Vanek is going to be remembered as a Buffalo Sabre and he will get a golden sword.  He was an all star and fabulous player for us for years and back when we had those runs.  You are judging his recent play which I agree on.  

I was shocked to see him pick a fight with one of the Sabres!!!!  Could not believe my eyes.  Never was a fighter. But now with the Red Wings they must have lit a fire under him?  Vanek will be remembered in Buffalo and will have a night that honors him. (as long as he does not start too any more fights in the remaining three games with us).  Vanek had one heck of a slapshot.  He has scored a ton of goals and yes, he was a sniper.  That is what he is out there for. Not to be a grinder like he was the other night. The current Sabres were a bit to quick for him as he is no spring chicken.

Judging his recent play... ? With the Wild that was 5 teams ago.

With the Wild I'll always remember him as a $6 million dollar slug / nothing more. Laziest guy in the league when he played with the Wild.

22 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

Judging his recent play... ? With the Wild that was 5 teams ago.

With the Wild I'll always remember him as a $6 million dollar slug / nothing more. Laziest guy in the league when he played with the Wild.

LOL.  Well he was beyond his prime when he left the Sabres.  When he was with us he was just a great player.  Derrick Roy and Pommenville helped and having Miller at his best helped.  We had a heck of  a team and now we do again. Thomas has seen his day.  The Red Wings have him and that is no sweat off our backs.

Archived