Jump to content
News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

DevinWieser

Wild assigns Greenway to Iowa

Recommended Posts

ST. PAUL -- Minnesota Wild General Manager Paul Fenton today announced the National Hockey League (NHL) club has assigned forward Jordan Greenway to the Iowa Wild of the American Hockey League (AHL).

 

Greenway, 21, recorded one assist and eight shots on goal in nine games with Minnesota this season averaging 11:22 in TOI/game. The 6-foot-6, 227-pound native of Canton, N.Y., signed a three-year, entry-level contract with the Wild on March 26, 2018, and made his NHL debut on March 27 at Nashville. He recorded 35 points (13-22=35) and 52 penalty minutes (PIM) in 36 games during his junior season at Boston University last season and helped the Terriers claim the 2018 Hockey East Tournament Championship and advance to the NCAA Northeast Regional Final. 

 

If you want to read the rest of the article here is the link:

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

Edited by DevinWieser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As they should have done.  He's looked mostly overwhelmed out there.  IMO, this is precisely why you make a player prove themselves in the AHL first.  Yes, he could work pucks down low, but that was really about it.  He was a liability just about every place else.  Hopefully he'll perform well in Iowa where he's expected to play at least 2 games.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

As they should have done.  He's looked mostly overwhelmed out there.  IMO, this is precisely why you make a player prove themselves in the AHL first.  Yes, he could work pucks down low, but that was really about it.  He was a liability just about every place else.  Hopefully he'll perform well in Iowa where he's expected to play at least 2 games.  

I agree.  Although I assume it would take quite a bit more than 2 games to elevate his play to nhl standards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Minnesota No. 18 Jordan Greenway assigned today to Iowa Wild, per TSN Hockey transactions.

 

Well. Some of the Wild faithful on this board suggested this. Have to admit I'm surprised, and encouraged, so see it. We all want Greenway to succeed (I do) but this shows management isn't giving anybody a free ride to the show. Learn it then earn it. Thanks, Mr. Fenton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you really need to earn it, maybe they should send nino down to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even after the big Col win, BB was talking about bringing him back up in just a couple of games.  I wish they'd leave him down there for at least a couple of weeks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that they've sent him down but I don't like that it's already been put out, repeated by BB after the Colorado game, that it will be for only two games.  Make it at least two weeks or more.  I don't care he got a hat trick right away.  Obviously he's a young player with a lot to learn.  Here's a question - long term, is it better for the kid to develop in the NHL right away or start n the AHL?   IMO better for him as a player, and therefore the team in the long run, to get that AHL time.

 

Problem is you've got guys like EEk and Ted Brown's kid wasting roster spots.   Nino isn't much use right now, wither, but hopefully he'll come around.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
Merged duplicate topics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fargocase said:

I like that they've sent him down but I don't like that it's already been put out, repeated by BB after the Colorado game, that it will be for only two games.  Make it at least two weeks or more.  I don't care he got a hat trick right away.  Obviously he's a young player with a lot to learn.  Here's a question - long term, is it better for the kid to develop in the NHL right away or start n the AHL?   IMO better for him as a player, and therefore the team in the long run, to get that AHL time.

 

Problem is you've got guys like EEk and Ted Brown's kid wasting roster spots.   Nino isn't much use right now, wither, but hopefully he'll come around.

Agree on Greenway and Brown.    Not quite as sure JEE.  I think he's impressive on the forecheck and defensive responsibilities.  Yeah, his offensive output is poor.   But, coming off IR, I'd like to see a couple more games from him at left wing before jettisoning him off to Iowa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a note - today Wild has recalled Jordan Greenway from Iowa after 2 games of playing there:

 

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2018 at 3:17 PM, DevinWieser said:

ST. PAUL -- Minnesota Wild General Manager Paul Fenton today announced the National Hockey League (NHL) club has assigned forward Jordan Greenway to the Iowa Wild of the American Hockey League (AHL).

 

Greenway, 21, recorded one assist and eight shots on goal in nine games with Minnesota this season averaging 11:22 in TOI/game. The 6-foot-6, 227-pound native of Canton, N.Y., signed a three-year, entry-level contract with the Wild on March 26, 2018, and made his NHL debut on March 27 at Nashville. He recorded 35 points (13-22=35) and 52 penalty minutes (PIM) in 36 games during his junior season at Boston University last season and helped the Terriers claim the 2018 Hockey East Tournament Championship and advance to the NCAA Northeast Regional Final. 

 

If you want to read the rest of the article here is the link:

Hidden Content

    Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Most Liked Posts in This Topic

    • 1
      Post
      As they should have done.  He's looked mostly overwhelmed out there.  IMO, this is precisely why you make a player prove themselves in the AHL first.  Yes, he could work pucks down low, but that was really about it.  He was a liability just about every place else.  Hopefully he'll perform well in Iowa where he's expected to play at least 2 games.  
    • 1
      Post
      Even after the big Col win, BB was talking about bringing him back up in just a couple of games.  I wish they'd leave him down there for at least a couple of weeks.
×
×
  • Create New...