Wild vs. Dive-alanche 10/27/18 @ 7:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

19 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

I just hope they leave him there for a while.   Nothing against him, but let him prove he belongs in the NHL...

he should  have started the season there

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, McMahon 6 said:

Dang.. the Wild PP is like Alfredo sauce without butter or garlic..

Just now, IllaZilla said:

Hardly. More like 💩

I agree the Wild PP could use a tad more urgency, but I am crediting Colorado's penalty killers tonight.
They are just being VERY aggressive, giving Wild players almost no time to think about what to do next and are quick to jump to ANY loose pucks they see.

Classic case of the PK'ers outworking the PP guys.

Maybe some better puck movement around the perimeter (as in FAST!) to loosen up the Avs players....pepper the goalie once they get the PK'ers off their rhythm? I dunno...something like that.

As it stands, the Avalanche are just dictating the pace and what happens on Minny's own PP.

Ian Cole could have been called for boarding too, I think...he ran Mat Dumba pretty hard face first into the boards there.

There was some chatter between the two....Cole looked like he wanted to fight, Dumba wisely didn't buy into any of his BS.
But I think Dumba may have had a case for boarding against the Avs defender.

3 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

As it stands, the Avalanche are just dictating the pace and what happens on Minny's own PP.

Bingo. Too much of the other team dictating how the Wild PP goes. Question: if Calvert wears #11 for the Avs, does that mean he's half the man that Claude Lemieux was??

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I agree the Wild PP could use a tad more urgency, but I am crediting Colorado's penalty killers tonight.
They are just being VERY aggressive, giving Wild players almost no time to think about what to do next and are quick to jump to ANY loose pucks they see.

Classic case of the PK'ers outworking the PP guys.

Maybe some better puck movement around the perimeter (as in FAST!) to loosen up the Avs players....pepper the goalie once they get the PK'ers off their rhythm? I dunno...something like that.

But that’s been the Wilds problem forever. They are very deliberate on the power play and allow other teams all the time in the World to set up...

That Suter is a nasty piece of work in an underrated way.
Guy is just so sneaky about taking extra shots at opposing players, ticking them off, then when they react, he acts like nothing happened.

He doesn't need to thump his chest, run around yelling all sorts of you know what fors…… he just smacks, slaps, shoves, slashes people in such sneaky ways, refs don't catch it most of the time.

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Nope.
Just means he is #1....twice....  

Dang.. and all this time, I thought he was #2 twice.. 😉

And on a semi-unrelated note, my mom's cousin got traded from the Habs to the Kings for a first round pick, which turned out to be none other than Claude Lemieux...

1 minute ago, McMahon 6 said:

Dang.. and all this time, I thought he was #2 twice.. 😉

And on a semi-unrelated note, my mom's cousin got traded from the Habs to the Kings for a first round pick, which turned out to be none other than Claude Lemieux...

Well...at least your mom's cousin didn't get traded mid-game while he was changing his jersey.....  🤭

Just now, Razblo said:

I am yet to be impressed by anything that Pateryn does. He just looks big and slow to me.

He’s a third pairing defenseman. I wouldn’t get too excited about him. As long as they aren’t calling his name, he’s doing his job. When you start hearing his name, that’s when you need to be concerned. 

Just now, IllaZilla said:

He’s a third pairing defenseman. I wouldn’t get too excited about him. As long as they aren’t calling his name, he’s doing his job. When you start hearing his name, that’s when you need to be concerned. 

This.

All teams need a guy like that. 
Steady player who may not do anything noteworthy, but does just enough, and, more importantly, doesn't screw anything up majorly.
And yea...as long as you don't hear his name or number called, he is doing his job.

My other team, the Lightning have a guy like that....his name is Braydon Coburn.

But ONCE in a while, a guy like Coburn or Patteryn WILL do something nice you don't expect.

1 minute ago, Razblo said:

I am yet to be impressed by anything that Pateryn does. He just looks big and slow to me.

Yep. That's Suter's "veteran leadership" at work, IMO,

If the Wild are looking for a gritty stay-at-home D-man, I say give Nate Prosser some ice time. The good guys could use someone who's not afraid to clear the front and give Doobs a clear sight line.

Just now, McMahon 6 said:

Yep. That's Suter's "veteran leadership" at work, IMO,

If the Wild are looking for a gritty stay-at-home D-man, I say give Nate Prosser some ice time. The good guys could use someone who's not afraid to clear the front and give Doobs a clear sight line.

Prosser is a #6 or #7. And he’s 32. Pateryn is 28. 

36 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

Oh, and Iowa is playing Colorado's AHL affiliate.....and doing much better than we are.

And Kunin is getting 3 assists to all 3 Greenway’s goals too. It seems a good duet combo :-). Belpedio and O’Reilly put a couple goals. O'Reilly having a multi-point game too (1 goal and 2 primary assists). Score there is 5:1 after 2 periods. Agree MNSOTA - so far tonight, we are having much better game in Iowa. Sokolov missed 3 games in a row already out of 7 – probably have got an injury.

4 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

And Kunin is getting 3 assists to all 3 Greenway’s goals too. It seems a good duet combo :-). Belpedio and O’Reilly put a couple goals. O'Reilly having a multi-point game too (1 goal and 2 primary assists). Score there is 5:1 after 2 periods. Agree MNSOTA - so far tonight, we are having much better game in Iowa. Sokolov missed 3 games in a row already out of 7 – probably have got an injury.

Kunins another one that needs to show he can dominate at Iowa before he gets a look. 

I agree that you don't want to hear Pateryn's name called as 3rd pairing defenseman. The Wild are only about 10 games into the season so there is still time to get better and impress. If you want to compare him to Prosser, then I would argue that Prosser would cost 1/3 to 1/2 of what Pateryn ($2+ mil) does.

Archived