Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
WordsOfWisdom

Leafs Record on Saturday... Yikes!

Great effort by the Leafs tonight. They needed this one (based on some pretty lame Saturday performances recently). The Canucks looked out of gas and the Leafs just kept taking it to them.  Enjoyable game to watch!  :)

• Like 1

Frustrating end to tonight's game. Leafs had this one and let it slip away. They didn't look sharp in the third period and a couple of defensive gaffs hurt big time.  The Bruins just seem to dominate the Leafs. 

Amazing how a ~40 year old Chara is still a more effective shutdown defenceman than anyone the Leafs have.  He was still knocking Toronto players around like they were bowling pins. 

I thought TO was dominating till about 2 minutes before Boston's 2nd goal, TO's intensity waned, TO slowed down and I was thinking now TO is vulnerable. TO never seemed to regain the intensity, for the 1st and half the second periods TO's speed dictated the play, any physical advantage Boston has was trumped by TO's speed and skill.

Should the Leafs face Boston in the playoffs, I think TO will win except in 2 scenarios 1) the rules are not enforced and 2) Rask.

TO has played Nashville and TB lately, lost both games but both games came down to goaltending, TO easily hung with the big boys.

5 hours ago, hobie said:

Should the Leafs face Boston in the playoffs, I think TO will win except in 2 scenarios 1) the rules are not enforced and 2) Rask.

TO has played Nashville and TB lately, lost both games but both games came down to goaltending, TO easily hung with the big boys.

There's a pretty good chance the rules won't be enforced. Things always slip in the playoffs. Also, the later it goes in the playoffs, the less likely the refs are to call penalties. It usually starts out okay, but by the time you get to the final it becomes a sludge-fest of clutching, grabbing, and interference. Toronto does need to add some size and toughness just in case it goes that way again.  

As for Rask, Toronto better have more than just Andersen going into a series with the Bruins.  By that I mean, they better be able to out-defend the Bruins and not expect Andersen to out-play Rask and bail them out. It's not going to happen. Andersen can keep it even, but the Leafs "D" are going to have to do the heavy lifting and shut down the Bruins. Toronto can't beat them with goaltending or scoring alone.... it's going to take all 20 guys or it's not going to happen. 

Edited by WordsOfWisdom