Minnesota Wild @ Vancouver Canucks, Monday 10-29-18, 9:00pm, Rogers Arena

CreaseAndAssist

https://wp.me/p9DWHB-3AeD

Minnesota Wild (6-2-2)  14pts  5th in the Central

2.90 Goals For Per Game (22nd in the NHL)

2.60 Goals Against Per Game (8th in the NHL)

12.9% Power Play (27th in the NHL)

86.4% Penalty Kill (6th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #11 Zach Parise ~ 3G 8A = 11pts

2. #64 Mikael Granlund ~ 5G 4A = 9pts

3. #20 Ryan Suter ~ 2G 7A = 9pts

4. #16 Jason Zucker ~ 4G 4A = 8pts

5. #12 Eric Staal ~ 3G 4A = 7pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #21 Eric Fehr ~ 10 PIM's

2. #36 Nick Seeler ~ 9 PIM's

3. #23 J.T. Brown ~ 8 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #40 Devan Dubnyk (5-1-2)  1.96GAA  .945%SP

2. #32 Alex Stalock (1-1-0)  3.45GAA  .879%SP

Vs.

Vancouver Canucks (6-6-0)  12pts  3rd in the Pacific

2.50 Goals For Per Game (26th in the NHL)

3.33 Goals Against Per Game (20th in the NHL)

18.2% Power Play (18th in the NHL)

85.1% Penalty Kill (9th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #53 Bo Horvat ~ 7G 2A = 9pts

2. #40 Elias Pettersson ~ 5G 3A = 8pts

3. #47 Sven Baertschi ~ 3G 3A = 6pts

4. #6 Brock Boeser ~ 2G 4A = 6pts

5. #51 Troy Stecher ~ 1G 4A = 5pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #28 Antoine Roussel ~ 26 PIM's

2. #44 Erik Gudbranson ~ 25 PIM's

3. #23 Alexander Edler ~ 14 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #25 Jacob Markstrom (3-3-0)  3.27GAA  .902%SP

2. #31 Anders Nilsson (3-3-0)  2.67GAA  .912%SP

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Antti_Laxative said:

Nucks preparing for tonight's tilt (not sure how they broke into the old "Met" now that it is no more..but anywho) ...

nucks.jpg

Isn't that Bo Horevat on the left with the wrong leg in the air?

Minnesota Wild 5 game winning streak on the line tonight on the road in Vancouver.

Could be a "trap" game. Wild SHOULD win this, especially since they have been trending upwards while Vancouver has cooled off from its terrific start, but the Canucks HAVE been playing relatively decent defense particularly on their penalty kill.
And that might be the one area where the Canucks really hold an advantage over Minnesota as the Wild's PP has been less-than-stellar, going up against a pretty good Vancouver PK.

That said, I believe Anders Nilsson has been the better of the two goalies in Van City (he and Jacob Markstrom seem to be in a timeshare deal of sorts), BUT as luck would have it for Minnesota, Nilsson has landed on IR so the Wild will see Markstrom in net instead.

Wild should have the advantage in line combinations as I believe Minnesota has the overall deeper sets of lines...although Van's top line with Pettersson or Horvat leading the way is pretty good.
Minnesota's bottom six will be called upon for extra duty more than likely and that is because Vancouver's bottom six will see significant time as the team often doesn't score enough to win high scoring games, so they grind, pound, and try to wear out opponents to win the lower scoring ones.

The Canucks' defense pairings are also generally pretty physical and so I see them adding on to the physical punishment the Wild are sure to face here.
Minnesota CAN take advantage of the extra aggression of the Canucks though...…..IF they can finally get that PP working.

I expect a pretty fun game with a little bit of everything in it.
Not gonna be easy given how Vancouver plays, but I look forward to seeing Minnesota extend their streak to SIX big games, and take a share of the top spot in the Central."

Go Wild GO!
:wild:

I'll be watching most of game tomorrow unless it's a heck of a great game.  When you're old and get up at 5AM CST, west coast games suck.   I'm really glad the Divisions were reorganized a few years ago.

5 hours ago, Antti_Laxative said:

Nucks preparing for tonight's tilt (not sure how they broke into the old "Met" now that it is no more..but anywho) ...

nucks.jpg

The hair on the figurine to the right is a dead giveaway it's not PMB (because he's bald.)

Archived