Minnesota Wild vs. Edmonton Oilers 10/30/18 @ 8:00PM CST at Rogers' Place

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

He can certainly do the hockey pockey, turn himself around, cuz that's what he's all about.... :rolleyes:

Actually I think he turns his opponents all about, hence why he can score so easily.

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Sure is.
Almost NFL tight end sized.

If he can develop properly, he can be that big power forward the Wild have lacked since...well, since always...

As long as they aren't developed by former Wild players and current Wild veteran players. Have him hang with the women's Gopher team to learn how to be an effective player.

1 minute ago, rottenrefs said:

The Wild are going to chat with Zach Parise during the intermission.

I'm betting he'll talk about playing 60 minutes of hockey. The rest will all be cliche's.

Now, now....he COULD also talk about his appearances on 93X's half assed morning show.... you never know!  :ph34r:

Close games after 1 period.

-Scored is tied at 1 each.

-Oilers ahead in Corsi 21-18

-Oilers edging Wild in Fenwick 20-16

-Oilers just ahead in Scoring Chances 13-12

-Wild ahead in High Danger Chances 10-8

Not much between them so far.

3 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Do you have a stat for Gaping Nets allowed?
Because by my count, the Wild lead the Oilers there 2-0.... one was a Draisaitl slam dunk, the other, Stalock was lucky whomever was on that open side didn't get a good hold of the puck...:rolleyes:

Just now, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Do you have a stat for Gaping Nets allowed?
Because by my count, the Oilers lead the Wild there 2-0.... one was a Draisaitl slam dunk, the other, Stalock was lucky whomever was on that open side didn't get a good hold of the puck...:rolleyes:

No, but the Oilers do have a record on Tuesday night games at home, the day after eating Pizza 73, and while wearing boxer shorts.

I think I'll switch to Minnesota coverage...

2 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

The difference though is the Wild can have similar stats like that against very highly rated teams too. They can hang with just about any team but they all too often play down to their opponent. Nothing against the Oilers but the Wild have done this for years.

1 minute ago, JR Ewing said:

No, but the Oilers do have a record on Tuesday night games at home, the day after eating Pizza 73, and while wearing boxer shorts.

Well, ok...Anthony LaPanta, the Wild's play by play guy is decent....but his color guy, Mike Greenlay may have your jaw hitting your coffee table with some of the stuff he says.... :biggrin:

3 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

You're going to get slammed with political ads.

Just now, rottenrefs said:

The difference though is the Wild can have similar stats like that against very highly rated teams too. They can hang with just about any team but they all too often play down to their opponent. Nothing against the Oilers but the Wild have done this for years.

That's the NHL these days. Most games are close. The difference between first and last has never been tighter.

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Well, ok...Anthony LaPanta, the Wild's play by play guy is decent....but his color guy, Mike Greenlay may have your jaw hitting your coffee table with some of the stuff he says.... :biggrin:

Just an FYI for those new to the Wild GDT...

Often we refer to Anthony LaPanta as Panties and Mike Greenlay as Chuckles. Or Dumb and Dumber. Both work but Greenlay is by far the worst. 

Just now, rottenrefs said:

Just an FYI for those new to the Wild GDT...

Often we refer to Anthony LaPanta as Panties and Mike Greenlay as Chuckles. Or Dumb and Dumber. Both work but Greenlay is by far the worst. 

Hahaha...I am aware LaPanta is joked on by some Wild fans, but personally, I like him.
He isn't overly homeriffic like some local announcers (and why should he, he doesn't work for the Wild, he works for the FSN sports station), but he does just enough to flavor the game towards the home team...I can deal with that.

Greenlay on the other hand...ugh..... sometimes I wonder if he just says the first thing that comes to mind during a broadcast...

"...Granlund had the inside edge on the Edmonton defender.... oh wait, are those Cheetosh, Anthony? Can I have some?  
The refs sure are calling this one tight, wouldn't you agree?  Hey...is that Nordie? What's he doing in Edmonton?"
:shifty:

Archived