Minnesota Wild vs. Edmonton Oilers 10/30/18 @ 8:00PM CST at Rogers' Place

CreaseAndAssist

Just now, rottenrefs said:

@JR Ewing I totally agree.

However on a back-to-back versus a rested team the Wild could beat Chicago, Nashville, or Maple Leafs on a second night of a back-to-back yet lose their asses to someone like the Rangers. As fans we never know.

Yeah, I know how that one goes. Even when the Oilers were in the midst of their dynasty, they could slaughter a great team, and then turn around absolutely crap the bed.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

Man, I wish that was the case here.

Although, I decided to watch this gem from 2015:

Saw that one at the time, and it cracked me up when they linked to that interview from "The Agenda With Steve Paikin" and the lady acknowledged that our (now) Prime Minister isn't exactly an intellectual.

2 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Yeah, I know how that one goes. Even when the Oilers were in the midst of their dynasty, they could slaughter a great team, and then turn around absolutely crap the bed.

That's usually a case of overconfidence. The Wild are notorious for playing crap teams like crap but somehow manage to stand on their heads against the great teams.

Just now, JR Ewing said:

Saw that one at the time, and it cracked me up when they linked to that interview from "The Agenda With Steve Paikin" and the lady acknowledged that our (now) Prime Minister isn't exactly an intellectual.

My favorite line from that episode was when Oliver calls a 78 day campaign adorable.

Just now, MNSOTA said:

My favorite line from that episode was when Oliver calls a 78 day campaign adorable.

Ohhhhh yeah, that's right. Forgot about that. He's not joking. We don't have the near-constant campaign drive here. That really was considered to be a prolonged election.

Just now, Jimtown guy said:

He’s done that to plenty a D men already in his short career 

Last year, he picked up a puck, at speed, at his own blue line in a game against Chicago. Duncan Keith is a plus skater, and his decision was to simply turn around skate hard to his own net, and barely cut him off.

Just now, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Ok....now that my hometown Lightning just got done putting the kabosh on the Devils 8-3, I an focus solely on THIS game!

And I see the Wild are down by one again...

Connor strapped on the jet pack and scored one of "those" goals.

Just now, rottenrefs said:

@TropicalFruitGirl26 honestly, LaPanta used to be worse. Last year and this year Greenlay is on the mic a lot more.

Why? Nobody knows.

I think it has something to do with his hair plugs.

Well FSN makes some pretty boneheaded moves......just like we've seen a lot less of Tom Chorske this season. I'd rather see and hear him than Wes Walz and Ben Clymer. 

Just now, MNSOTA said:

Well FSN makes some pretty boneheaded moves......just like we've seen a lot less of Tom Chorske this season. I'd rather see and hear him than Wes Walz and Ben Clymer. 

They only use Tom Chorske when they go on long losing streaks. 

2 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

@TropicalFruitGirl26 honestly, LaPanta used to be worse. Last year and this year Greenlay is on the mic a lot more.

Why? Nobody knows.

I think it has something to do with his hair plugs.

LOL...Meh, I still like LaPanta. I like him doing hockey games, and I like his post game stuff with the Twins.
Smartest man who does Twins games though HAS to be Roy Smalley...I learn something EVERY time he talks about something.

Smartest man doing Wild broadcasts? Well, gotta go with Wes Walz on the postgame show.

Sadly, the smartest WOMAN that does hockey is no longer with the Wild broadcast team, and that is Jamie Hersch....as she now works for NHL Network. She is my hockey, sister hero! She can hold ANY hockey convo with anyone...and provide good insight herself!    :biggrin:

Archived