Game 14: Flyers at Sharks, 11/3 @ 10:30

Howie58

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a House of Horrors for the O and B.  I'm trying to figure out Pickard's performance.  It was schizoid.  I am glad we got a point.  And we weren't embarrassed.  

On to Arizona!!

5 hours ago, Howie58 said:

I'm trying to figure out Pickard's performance.  It was schizoid. 

Very spastic and all over the place he comes out way to far not giving himself the time to get back into position for a 2nd shot all of times.

He got lucky one time Karlsson couldn't hit the empty net he abandoned or they don't even get a point.

If the Flyers are smart i would beat the Blues to the punch on trying to land Anderson from Ottawa.

That is who they could be competing with for his services. He is the only available right now who can help them.

If not i would really consider calling up Lyon who has played well this year for the Phantoms.

His numbers 2-1 934% 2.68 gaa. 

He maybe worth a look now to see if he can help. But i would honestly kick the tires hard on Anderson he maybe be the biggest help.

5 hours ago, darthbal said:

And Jake does it again

Another Drink Please

I'm telling you i would be calling hard this is the key piece they need to move while they can...

Trade Jake while you can every game he plays he loses value...SMFH. Dude is a turnover machine....only time he doesn't turn it over is when he just shoots it.

Does he put baby oil on the end of his stick??

5 hours ago, Howie58 said:

I'm trying to figure out Pickard's performance. 

And when he came out to play the puck he reminded me of Marty Biron...

In a bad way.

I would waive this clown and just give Alex Lyon the gig....or play Alex to audition him for a trade because if he can't help now he never will be able to. Dude will be 26 in a month and Pickard is capped out skill wise and ain't saying much.

Find another option in net besides Pickard!!!!!! There is a reason why he was the 4th best goalie in Toronto!

On 11/2/2018 at 7:30 PM, OccamsRazor said:

It would be huge if the Flyers can get two guys going:

Ghost: 1 goal 4 assist in 13 games and -8!!! Disappointing is a understatement. Two assist in the last 9 games!!!!

TK: 2 goals 3 assist in 13 games is very disappointing. 1 point in the last 6 games!!!

I think it is paramount to get these two key contributors finding the twine again.

Ghost is with Folin.  He is handicapped.  Stupid coaching decision 

51 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Ghost is with Folin.  He is handicapped.  Stupid coaching decision 

Yeah but he has only played a few games with him.

They have actually looked pretty decent.

Gudas to me has slide back to his shaky ways we saw last playoffs.

Occam 's view of Pickard relative to Lyon is on point; the 30 day/10 game rule on waiver is probably approaching. My only observation on this game is that both starters were sub-.900 on save percentage.  

Our PP needs work.  We have team speed that was non-existent 3-4 seasons ago but that isn't showing statistically.  Weal and Weise actually look better than some of their colleagues. That is strange.  Simmonds will present a tough challenge to our GM in a few months.  He has the mojo.  

Turkey Day is around the corner.  We should get a better feel for this team by Black Friday.  What's bothersome is that JVR's return is going to cause more line shuffling and experimenting.  

I had the San Jose feed via NHL Center Ice.  They talked briefly about parity in the league.  Every point counts.  I'd also say the O and B have time to get a roster and system in order.  But I hope we enter the Holidays with the mix we want/need. It isn't just a matter of playoffs--it's a matter of expectations.  

9 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Team could have NOT taken their foot off the pedal.

Score a goal right at the end of the 2nd.

Then don't get their 1st shot on net till 11 minutes of the 3rd.

Embarrassing.

I didnt watch the 3rd but you brought up something that I've been meaning to touch on something that has been bothering me for a while.  I dont know how to research this, but is there a team in the league that has had more 1/2 periods of hockey without a shot in the past three years than the flyers?  Seems like at least every other game this happens.

Do other teams in the league have this problem?

3 minutes ago, icehole said:

I didnt watch the 3rd but you brought up something that I've been meaning to touch on something that has been bothering me for a while.  I dont know how to research this, but is there a team in the league that has had more 1/2 periods of hockey without a shot in the past three years than the flyers?  Seems like at least every other game this happens.

Do other teams in the league have this problem?

Wish I knew but it happens a lot.

Get the lead and stop doing what gave them the lead.

Or come out flat and uninspired with rest and days off and in back to back games.

This is the ultimate Jekyll and Hyde team if there ever was one.

And the crazy part in their minor league team mirrors their same issues.

Struggle on the PP.

And have the worst PK in the whole AHL.

HTF is that possible?

They teach the same fundamentals and philosophy?

I don't know but it is irritating as hell.

1 hour ago, Howie58 said:

What's bothersome is that JVR's return is going to cause more line shuffling and experimenting

I understand your concerns but JVR is still from reports two weeks away.

And if Jori or Oskar can't go we will see Goulbourne in on the 4th with NAK from what I seen.

Which I would be ok with Goul and NAK those two add some speed and muscle to the lineup.

Did anyone see NAK out muscle Karlsson in the corner for the puck last night man that was impressive as hell....that had to get Hak's attention.

I wish he could teach that to some of the guys in the top 6. Especially Jake.

That Jake is really really getting on my nerves.

I wish he would stop I want to like the guy I really do but man he is a play killer.

It seems like it will never stop with him.

Fell asleep at the beginning of the third, but saw the first and most of the second.  Thought there were a few passengers last night.  First period was bad and they looked like the Flyers we know.  They picked things up in the second, which is nice.  Don't know what happened in the third, but do know the result wasn't good.  Thought Pickard saved them a few times in the first.  Still, it's scary that he may be the starter now.  Kind of a bummer that they couldn't play as evenly as they did against LA, but SJ is a better team than LA.  Also, kind of think it's a tall order to play well all three games in California.  It was bound to catch up to them.  Really curious about tonight's game.  I'll be very impressed with a win.  Not expecting it, though.

1 hour ago, vis said:

Not expecting it, though.

Flyers 4-5-1 in the last 10.

Yotes 7-3-0 in their last 10 and have won 5 straight.

It would be nice to see them come in and ruin the Yotes streak and repay them from last year.

But Raanta (929% 2.10 gaa) vs. Pickard (851% 4.50 gaa) looks horrible on paper and a complete mismatch for real.

On 11/2/2018 at 7:30 PM, OccamsRazor said:

It would be huge if the Flyers can get two guys going:

Ghost: 1 goal 4 assist in 13 games and -8!!! Disappointing is a understatement. Two assist in the last 9 games!!!!

TK: 2 goals 3 assist in 13 games is very disappointing. 1 point in the last 6 games!!!

I think it is paramount to get these two key contributors finding the twine again.

Not to toot my own horn and all but...

...nice to see these two chip in tonight on a not so great 60 minute effort!!!

Ghost needs to get that clutch touch back.

Tonight was a good start!!!

TOOT!!! TOOT!!!

No Jori not that kind of toot!

Archived