Ottawa Senators vs. Buffalo Sabres 11/3/2018 @ KeyBank Center

Hockey-78

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Hockey-78 said:

What the hell were the Canes thinking when letting Skinner go? His concussion history? A serious mistake, seems now at least.

Jeff Skinner was a classic case of needing a change of scenery. He was getting quite stale in Carolina and yes, he always had the danger of recurring head injuries.

A fantastic player, the Canes likely felt getting picks n prospects for Skinner was beneficial long term...and judging by Carolina's play this season, they made the right call as the current roster is playing quite well and they now have some assets for down the road.

Meanwhile, Skinner gets a fresh start in Buffalo joining a growing movement to improve the team.
He is a young veteran now and fits in perfectly with what the Sabres are trying to do.

Hard to find fault with the trade from either side at this point, IMO.

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Senators look absolutely disheveled on defense.

Guys looking around, not sure where the puck is, not sure where to go....
And here comes McKenna...… you called it, @Hockey-78

Yeah, the Sens look like they couldn't care less. If the Sabres keep the tempo going, this might turn ugly.

Thank TFG, I have my moments...:horn:

12 minutes ago, Puck_Pun said:

To the 1000 game celebration, giving him the sabre was a nice touch, connecting to the team directly

Yes it was.  And it makes me wonder why Roy is not here any more?   He  was great for team Canada and he roomed with Jason when they came up to Buffalo all those years ago.  I wish him and Roy were both here

3 minutes ago, Puck_Pun said:

OK Anderson should stay in the locker room after the break

Pun, that'd be tough but not impossible. Since I don't think he wants to watch this kind of s**t show by his team mates near by.

Yeah, the Sens look like they couldn't care less. If the Sabres keep the tempo going, this might turn ugly.

Thank TFG, I have my moments...:horn:

I wouldn't say the Sens "don't care"..... they just look shell shocked.
Not so sure they were expecting this kind of attack from Buffalo.

Notice though, it is the Sabre vets leading the way...Okposo, Pominville, Skinner...
THAT'S how it is going to have to be if the Sabres want to make the playoffs.....the vets leading the way (with Jack Eichel too of course) while the younger players still find their NHL legs.

This is going to be interesting for Ottawa:

I am listening to the Senators feed, and they were saying the plan was for Anderson to start this game because it seemed more "winnable", then start McKenna against Tampa Bay tomorrow on the tail end of the back to back because winning against the Lightning seems like a longer shot.

Well, McKenna is in now....do the Sens stick to that plan and have McKenna play tomorrow as well? Or do they just tell Anderson to flush this game down the toilet, they leave McKenna out there for better or worse the rest of the way, then start Anderson against Tampa Bay tomorrow?

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

This is going to be interesting for Ottawa:

I am listening to the Senators feed, and they were saying the plan was for Anderson to start this game because it seemed more "winnable", then start McKenna against Tampa Bay tomorrow on the tail end of the back to back because winning against the Lightning seems like a longer shot.

Well, McKenna is in now....do the Sens stick to that plan and have McKenna play tomorrow as well? Or do they just tell Anderson to flush this game down the toilet, they leave McKenna out there for better or worse the rest of the way, then start Anderson against Tampa Bay tomorrow?

Yeah, that's a good question. Since Anderson has already played "too much" this season. Is Condon their 3rd man on the string? Could they call up someone else...? 🤔

Yeah, that's a good question. Since Anderson has already played "too much" this season. Is Condon their 3rd man on the string? Could they call up someone else...? 🤔

Probably Gustavsson

Archived