Wild vs. Blues 11/3/18 @ 7:00PM at Scottrade Center

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, McMahon 6 said:

Yep. And I'm warming up to Patteryn. Doobs hasn't had to worry about a lot of blue sweaters in front tonight.

Heck, I don't think the Blues are even worried about blue sweaters.

4 minutes ago, Razblo said:

Start to finish the Wild played a great game. That being said, the Blues are at the bottom of the Central for a reason.

How long until the Blues fire Yeo?

About a week after he gets the “vote of confidence “ from the GM...

Staal Nets #400 as Wild Dominate Blues in 5-1 Win

Fun game to watch, and it seems like they had fun dominating at an arena they've traditionally had their struggles.  Yeo's Blues...looked like they didn't want to be there.  Doubtful he is going to last much longer with such a poor effort tonight.  Good on the Wild for going on the attack right away and not letting up.  All of the lines were generating pressure, supporting each other well on the puck and easily their best effort of the season thus far.  Good to see Seeler get rewarded tonight.  I thought he and Pateryn were the team's best d-pairing.  I have a full game recap an Iowa WIld report and prospect updates too, check it out!  

Kind of hard to criticize the team now when they are 3rd in the Conference. Though I'm still convinced we don't have enough of speed to go far in the playoffs.

Granny with a 10 game scoring streak!

Nino played for 17 mins. and had 3.27 PP time and managed to get ONE shot on goal.  That's horrible, no self confidence left?

9 hours ago, Razblo said:

Just out of curiosity...

We only play the Blues a handful of times each year, but does anyone notice any similarities in their style of play compared to when Yeo coached the Wild? (Terrible PK, PP, etc.)

Actually, this year the Blues power play is crazy good: 31.3%. However, the season is only 12 games old.

But prior to 2014-15, the Blues power play really wasn't that good, regularly clocking in at less than 20%. Then in 2014-15 it jumped to 22.3%. In Hitchcock's last season it was 21.5%. Then Yeo took over, and it's been all downhill from there: 21.3% and 15.4%. It remains to be seen if the Blues can keep up that crazy level of production on the power play for a full year. I doubt it, but stranger things have happened.

Same with the PK. In Hitch's last season the PK was 85.1%. Yeo takes over and the PK drops to 84.8% and then 79.7% last season. It's hanging at 80.0% this season.

Some of this is probably on Yeo, but the Blues did nave a fire sale a couple of years ago, getting rid of Stastny, Boyes, and a few others,, so maybe Yeo doesn't have the personnel to properly execute these special teams. The other argument to that that he did have decent personnel with the Wild and managed to run it into the ground...

6 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Kind of hard to criticize the team now when they are 3rd in the Conference. Though I'm still convinced we don't have enough of speed to go far in the playoffs.

Granny with a 10 game scoring streak!

Nino played for 17 mins. and had 3.27 PP time and managed to get ONE shot on goal.  That's horrible, no self confidence left?

Well, IMO that's what trades are for.  I hope we look to add some speed to the line up too.  However, seeing our bigger players, playing like big players and taking pucks to the net was terrific last night.  The Wild hadn't crashed the net last night more than they have all season...it was a refreshing change to see.  

13 hours ago, Razblo said:

Just out of curiosity...

We only play the Blues a handful of times each year, but does anyone notice any similarities in their style of play compared to when Yeo coached the Wild? (Terrible PK, PP, etc.)

Hahaha! You forgot to mention soft! The Blues were always big and played a nasty style of hockey, but now Yeo has turned them into pansies... I love it. 

Seriously, Maroon got punched in the back of the head and no one stood up for him. I figured Foligno was gonna get beat down later in the game, but they did nothing...lol. Blues fans must be going bananas at this point. 

3 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Well, IMO that's what trades are for.  I hope we look to add some speed to the line up too.  However, seeing our bigger players, playing like big players and taking pucks to the net was terrific last night.  The Wild hadn't crashed the net last night more than they have all season...it was a refreshing change to see.  

Yes, adding speed would be wonderful. But we didn't do that in the summer and we haven't done that near the trade deadline either as long as I can remember. Will it be different with Fenton or is he being handcuffed?

Crashing the net in one game is one thing, doing constantly and having a culture in the team that in order to win we need to take some bruises. Do we have that mentality or do the guys prefer to play in their comfort zone?

I used to be a soccer goalie. When I had a 1 on 1 situation with the attacker near the goal the key principle was to make yourself as wide as you can, both with arms and legs. That leaves your face and balls unprotected. I was definitely not in my comfort zone and got hurt a few times.

They block the shots gallantly but some of the guys could do a whole lot more.

Archived