Game 15: Flyers at Coyotes 11/05/18 9:00 pm

OccamsRazor

1 hour ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

Arizona is installed as the favorite:

https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/philadelphia-arizona-odds-november-5-2018-1020845

We are just over .500 against the team,.  We beat them at Gila in overtime last February:

http://www.flyershistory.com/cgi-bin/opponent.cgi?Phoenix_Coyotes

I remember the 1st time they played them last October and they come to Philly having not won in 10 games to start the season and the Flyers helped them break the streak and give them their 1st win.

PROJECTED LINEUPS (Subject to change)

FLYERS

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
23 Oskar Lindblom - 19 Nolan Patrick - 93 Jakub Voracek
22 Dale Weise - 40 Jordan Weal - 17 Wayne Simmonds
21 Scott Laughton - 15 Jori Lehterä - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel

9 Ivan Provorov - 8 Robert Hägg
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 26 Christian Folin
6 Travis Sanheim - 3 Radko Gudas

33 Cal Pickard 
[37 Brian Elliott or 49 Alex Lyon]

Scratches: 47 Andrew MacDonald (healthy), 39 Tyrell Goulbourne (healthy), 30 Michal Neuvirth (day to day), 12 Michael Raffl (IR, lower body), 10 Corban Knight (IR, collarbone), 25 James van Riemsdyk (IR, lower body), 5 Sam Morin (ACL surgery).

COYOTES

14 Richard Panik - 17 Alex Galchenyuk - 9 Clayton Keller
11 Brendan Perlini - 21 Derek Stepan - Christian Fischer
40 Michael Grabner - 15 Brad Richardson - 13 Vince Hinostroza
67 Lawson Crouse - 20 Dylan Strome - 25 Nick Cousins

23 Oliver Ekman-Larsson - 55 Jason Demers
82 Jordan Oesterle - 4 Niklas Hjalmarsson
33 Alex Goligoski - 46 Ilya Lyubushkin

32 Antti Raanta
[35 Darcy Kuemper]

Scratches: Josh Archibald (healthy), 44 Kevin Connauton (day-to-day, illness), 18 Christian Dvorak (IR, lower body), 6 Jakob Chychrun (IR, knee surgery).

Really not expecting a win tonight.  Arizona has been playing very well and could give the Flyers fits defensively.  Raanta has been excellent.  Grabner is also playing well (frankly, Hextall should have targeted him in UFA).  They're PK is outrageous.  They might have as many SHGs as the Flyers have PPGs.  I don't know their their success is sustainable, but they are buzzing right now.  Could be a real tough game, especially with Pickard or Lyon in net.  Not feeling strong about this one.

45 minutes ago, vis said:

Grabner is also playing well (frankly, Hextall should have targeted him in UFA)

I wanted Ron to bring him into the fold too.

However i'm glad he didn't he would have taken Lindblom's spot on the LW.

And actually Oskar (3 goals 4 assists) has produced really the same results as Grabner (3 goals 3 assist).

So i am good with it besides Oskar is 9 years younger and 10 pounds heavier with twice as many hits.

So really there was no where for Grabner unless he was going to replace Lehtera or Weise. 

I do think the Flyers could have used his speed for sure.

Howdy:

We are going up against a streaking team with a red hot goalie:

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/coyotes-look-to-remain-hot-at-home-vs-flyers/

A red hot goalie...hmmmmm....when was the last time we could make that statement.  Shoot...a goalie with a .900 save percentage in one game, much less season-wide, would be a milestone for the O and B.

34 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

We are going up against a streaking team with a red hot goalie:

I just posted this to @vis in the Sharks thread so i figured i would just copy and paste here the same.

Flyers 4-5-1 in the last 10.

Yotes 7-3-0 in their last 10 and have won 5 straight.

It would be nice to see them come in and ruin the Yotes streak and repay them from last year.

But Raanta (929% 2.10 gaa) vs. Pickard (851% 4.50 gaa) looks horrible on paper and a complete mismatch for real.

Yeah might want to find something else to do....like watch Monday night football or something.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

I just posted this to @vis in the Sharks thread so i figured i would just copy and paste here the same.

Flyers 4-5-1 in the last 10.

Yotes 7-3-0 in their last 10 and have won 5 straight.

It would be nice to see them come in and ruin the Yotes streak and repay them from last year.

But Raanta (929% 2.10 gaa) vs. Pickard (851% 4.50 gaa) looks horrible on paper and a complete mismatch for real.

Yeah might want to find something else to do....like watch Monday night football or something.

Well, I will watch the game but set low expectations.  It is frightening to think about a team without a .900 save percentage goalie.  Yikes.

4 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Well, I will watch the game but set low expectations.

I like their chances a little better now...

..till i saw Kuemper's numbers (957% 1.34 gaa) which are better than Raanta's...jeeze...and we know how they play versus the backups.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

So really there was no where for Grabner unless he was going to replace Lehtera or Weise. 

I do think the Flyers could have used his speed for sure.

I think Grabner plays either side, so it would have been a little bit of a logjam either way.  In any event, I was thinking in place of JVR.  Would have been a better contract and would have addressed the PK and added speed to the lineup.

26 minutes ago, vis said:

I think Grabner plays either side, so it would have been a little bit of a logjam either way.

Yeah and at RW it would be Simmer's spot. Who has twice the number goals than Grabner.

And in JVR's place right now it would be an incomplete grade with him being hurt. I can't be mad at him.

Grabner would have been half the cost as JVR no doubt there.

But i have to say in 11 less games Grabner only has 5 more points than JVR.

So i would say i will hold off judgement right now on JVR and must say i was ok with them spending the resources on him.

I'm hoping when he comes back he can provide some scoring punch that is needed badly.

They have Jake listed with 10 giveaways through this many games there is no friggin way I have seen him turn the damn puck over more than that on this West coast trip alone.

Not sure how they score that but it is not accurate by any means.

Goddamn really?

They score on the 1st shot of their PP.

What a tick tacky call on Lindblom.

And then they go to the PP again as I type.

Not sure how that wasn't a dive by the Yotes are you kidding me.

Archived