First time

Scrappyd00

Well this Saturday coming up will be my first time at a flyers game and can’t wait. Travelling all way from Scotland to New York then on the Saturday for the big game. Excited is a understatement.

im looking to purchase a top there for the Flyers and the eagles but not sure where to buy them and roughly about the coating if anyone can help would be good thanks. 

Go flyers!!!!

5 hours ago, Scrappyd00 said:

Well this Saturday coming up will be my first time at a flyers game and can’t wait. Travelling all way from Scotland to New York then on the Saturday for the big game. Excited is a understatement.

im looking to purchase a top there for the Flyers and the eagles but not sure where to buy them and roughly about the coating if anyone can help would be good thanks. 

Go flyers!!!!

Welcome and enjoy the game and the city!

As @Digityman said there is a store in the arena, although not the cheapest, it is convenient if you are there.   Otherwise, there are a bunch of places to purchase team swag in Philly.  Use the old google and you will have a ton of places to select from.   

The Wells Fargo Center has a number of places inside at which you can purchase Flyers jerseys.  However, they do not sell Eagles jersey.

If you are staying in Philadelphia, try Philly Team Store at 17th and Chestnut.  http://www.phillyteamstore.com/

As mentioned, Modell's is also good.  Think they are located at 16th and Chestnut.

Finally, Mitchell & Ness has old school sports apparel, but their stuff tends to be very expensive.  They are located at 12th and Chestnut, if I recall correctly.

Where are you staying?

21 minutes ago, Scrappyd00 said:

Heyy thanks for input all :)

i am actually staying in New York from tomorrow to Monday, and as the flyers are at home I couldn’t miss this. 

Travelling there game day by the mega bus!

Good luck finding Eagles stuff in New York!!  You could probably get Flyers stuff at the NHL store in Manhattan (assuming you are staying in New York City).

When and where does your bus arrive?  if you want to get an Eagles jersey, it should be pretty easy to get to any of the sports stores mentioned in this thread and then down to the rink for the game.

On 11/6/2018 at 2:40 PM, Scrappyd00 said:

I’m not looking to buy a flyers and eagles top at New York. 

Mum at the roosevelt next to madison square garden. 

The mega bus stops at independence hall visitors centre. 

Philly Team Store is probably a 25/30 minute walk from there.  Alternatively, you could take a cab or Uber from there.  Depending on when you get in, you may be able to get to Modell's or the Philly Team Store and then take the Broad Street Line from City Hall down to the rink.  If you just want to buy Flyers gear, you could get that at the rink.

On 11/6/2018 at 3:58 PM, Scrappyd00 said:

Shall try my best. 9pm here and got. 1hr drive to airport at 4.30am so can’t wait lol.

Want to see the eagles stadium also and rocky stairs while I’m there before the big game!

The Eagles' stadium is right next to the Flyers' rink.  Rocky stairs at at the Art Museum, which is a pretty good distance away.

I think your best bet is to cab/Uber from place to place unless you really enjoy walking.

Cheers vis. Been in New York now second day and walked 40,000 steps lol. Legs are paying for it now. 

Saturday is getting closer so going to be an amazing day none the less but a win will make it even better. Going to broadway tonight tho first with the missus lol. 

3 minutes ago, Scrappyd00 said:

Question also are you allowed to take pics and videos inside the stadium when game is on or is that forbidden?

It used to be pretty easy to stop someone from taking photos/video at any event. Now that every single person in attendance has a camera, it's pretty much impossible. Just don't be that guy who blocks peoples view all game long taking photos/video. Be discreet and courteous...enjoy the game!

@Scrappyd00 

Have a great time at the game tomorrow!!!!  And definitely take pictures/videos, you never know when you may make it back here.  You have to memorialize your visit!  Of course if you really enjoy it, maybe next time you come you'll spend more time in Philadelphia than NY.  There is a lot to see and do here as well!

I'll look for you on TV tomorrow 😉

19 hours ago, Scrappyd00 said:

Cheers vis. Been in New York now second day and walked 40,000 steps lol. Legs are paying for it now. 

Saturday is getting closer so going to be an amazing day none the less but a win will make it even better. Going to broadway tonight tho first with the missus lol. 

Have a great time! 

3 hours ago, vis said:

@Scrappyd00

How was your trip?

Yeah was good back home now tho I’m scotland and going to watch game against Florida. 

Was easy to get to in the end as got metro to city hall then straight down from there. 

Nevwr got to see much of Philadelphia think that will be next year when plan a week there 👍

Archived